www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    lol

The place with the sticky floors is still there. The place I'm talking about on the south side is their other location. Sushi Club. It's at Stop 11 and Emerson, behind the Speedway station in the strip mall.

Sounds like some pretty high class joints there... Way to entice us. :): (but seriously, some of the best egg rolls are at that dive on Kentucky Ave in Mars Hill called Egg Roll King)

What we really need to find is a Chinese buffet with a banquet room we could occupy. :drool:

And I'm with whomever said burgers and dogs in the park. The mingle factor is higher. Because...

The one drawback to a sit down restaurant M&E I have noticed we tend to end up in fixed long rows of tables, which severely limits the overall interaction and you are pretty much limited to chatting with whoever you are sitting near and thats it. A cookout solves that.

But that's probably better for a little later in the year when it starts to cool down a little.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Sounds like some pretty high class joints there... Way to entice us. :): (but seriously, some of the best egg rolls are at that dive on Kentucky Ave in Mars Hill called Egg Roll King)

What we really need to find is a Chinese buffet with a banquet room we could occupy. :drool:

And I'm with whomever said burgers and dogs in the park. The mingle factor is higher. Because...

The one drawback to a sit down restaurant M&G I have noticed we tend to end up in fixed long rows of tables, which severely limits the overall interaction and you are pretty much limited to chatting with whoever you are sitting near and thats it. A cookout solves that.

But that's probably better for a little later in the year when it starts to cool down a little.

Chinese buffet... INGO might get banned but I'm up for the "You eat too much!! You go home now!!" challenge.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    That was me… The shelters at Eagle Creek have electricity and whenever we rent one we set up a huge pedestal fan and music and it always seems to be comfortable. Mingling in a restaurant is almost impossible. Not a great way to get together in my opinion.

The one drawback to a sit down restaurant M&E I have noticed we tend to end up in fixed long rows of tables, which severely limits the overall interaction and you are pretty much limited to chatting with whoever you are sitting near and thats it. A cookout solves that.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    There's a Chinese buffet type place up in Castleton along 82nd if memory serves, and they have a large separate room. I think I have been to some sort of get-together up there before.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    My favorite sushi variety is probably the porterhouse, just to the medium-rare side of medium. Not a huge fan of ribeye sushi, but I do enjoy sirloins and NY strips as well. And I almost forgot -- hard to beat a nice bacon wrapped filet mignon sushi. :ingo:

1. Sushi Club is pretty good, far better than most all you can eat sushi places I've been to in the Midwest, though not as good as the Bluefin Bistro used to be In Lafayette. In addition to fully cooked shrimp tempura rolls, they have cooked shrimp, and chicken tempura, California rolls with faux crab, Philadelphia rolls with cold smoked salmon, as well as several other rolls that are either cooked or primarily contain faux crab.

2. Some places (not this one) have sushi rolls with beef, typically called Bulgarian rolls. It typically consists of a slice of beef (usually fillet) cooked to order, raw asparagus, rice and seaweed and the ones I have tried are very tasty.

3. It has never made any sense to me that people will eat beef so bloody raw that is practically still mooing but are unwilling to even try mostly cooked sushi.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    1. Sushi Club is pretty good, far better than most all you can eat sushi places I've been to in the Midwest, though not as good as the Bluefin Bistro used to be In Lafayette. In addition to fully cooked shrimp tempura rolls, they have cooked shrimp, and chicken tempura, California rolls with faux crab, Philadelphia rolls with cold smoked salmon, as well as several other rolls that are either cooked or primarily contain faux crab.

2. Some places (not this one) have sushi rolls with beef, typically called Bulgarian rolls. It typically consists of a slice of beef (usually fillet) cooked to order, raw asparagus, rice and seaweed and the ones I have tried are very tasty.

3. It has never made any sense to me that people will eat beef so bloody raw that is practically still mooing but are unwilling to even try mostly cooked sushi.

I do not eat meat that is anywhere close to raw.....either.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I do not eat meat that is anywhere close to raw.....either.

:yesway: That is an understandable and consistent position. A few types of sushi are the only exceptions I make for that general rule but most of the sushi I like is smoked, cooked, or faux crab.

Edited to add, the Sushi Club is a great place to try sushi as they have a wide variety of sushi that isn't raw, as well as several cooked appetizer options and it is all you eat so you can try a wide variety until you find something that you like.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    :yesway: That is an understandable and consistent position. A few types of sushi are the only exceptions I make for that general rule but most of the sushi I like is smoked, cooked, or faux crab.

Under those conditions I could try the fish dishes. Just never much of a raw or near raw eater.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    There's a Chinese buffet type place up in Castleton along 82nd if memory serves, and they have a large separate room. I think I have been to some sort of get-together up there before.
    I still vote bait shop over the disgusting that is Chinese feeding trou...err Buffets.

Top Bottom