• Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    A) I'm not a big fan of sushi - but I've eaten a little of it

B) only a very very very small minority of sushi contains "raw" fish. This is a HUGE American misconception.

C) does Sushi Club have any low-carb options available? :-)

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    A) I'm not a big fan of sushi - but I've eaten a little of it

B) only a very very very small minority of sushi contains "raw" fish. This is a HUGE American misconception.

C) does Sushi Club have any low-carb options available? :-)

Sashimi. I will water fast for a couple days if I have to though, to enjoy some sushi rolls with rice.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I think they have a brown rice option for a slight upcharge but I doubt that helps much. They have sashimi as mentioned, salads, edamame, bbq squid, and some tuna options. The menu is available on the link posted earlier.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I think they have a brown rice option for a slight upcharge but I doubt that helps much. They have sashimi as mentioned, salads, edamame, bbq squid, and some tuna options. The menu is available on the link posted earlier.

I went to that stir-fry place in the Greenwood Mall (the name escapes me now) and ordered a dish that said it had edamame in it. In the picture it looked like sugar snap peas (which I like). First bite I took of one felt like I was chewing on some kind of wood. It wasn't until later that I found out that edamame is just soy beans in the pod. :puke:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I went to that stir-fry place in the Greenwood Mall (the name escapes me now) and ordered a dish that said it had edamame in it. In the picture it looked like sugar snap peas (which I like). First bite I took of one felt like I was chewing on some kind of wood. It wasn't until later that I found out that edamame is just soy beans in the pod. :puke:

Lol, you don’t eat the pods silly head.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Lol, you don’t eat the pods silly head.

Then why in the hell would they leave them in the pods? They even sell them in the pods in the frozen vegetable section of grocery stores, just as they do sugar snap peas, implying that the pods are edible. I'm sure as hell not going to do the cook's work for him if he's supposed to shell them before adding them to the dish he's serving. I mean, it's not like one of those restaurants where you "crack" your edamame (soy bean) pods and throw the shells on the floor like peanuts.

On second thought, maybe I should go back there and do exactly that. Think they'd be okay with that? ;) Actually, if they actually called them "soy bean pods" instead of "edamame" I never would have ordered that particular dish to begin with. It's trickery I tell ya! :):

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Actually, even if the soybeans were shelled, I wouldn't order it. I like being male. I have no plans to change that by eating soy or soy products (the exception being soy sauce).

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Then why in the hell would they leave them in the pods? They even sell them in the pods in the frozen vegetable section of grocery stores, just as they do sugar snap peas, implying that the pods are edible. I'm sure as hell not going to do the cook's work for him if he's supposed to shell them before adding them to the dish he's serving. I mean, it's not like one of those restaurants where you "crack" your edamame (soy bean) pods and throw the shells on the floor like peanuts.

On second thought, maybe I should go back there and do exactly that. Think they'd be okay with that? ;) Actually, if they actually called them "soy bean pods" instead of "edamame" I never would have ordered that particular dish to begin with. It's trickery I tell ya! :):

Edamame, when steamed properly in the pod, tastes far better than any nasty old snap pea. I suspect the other reason they serve them in the pod is that a (very) small bowl of hulled soybeans doesn't look like a reasonable quantity compared to a larger bowl of soybeans in the pods.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Then why in the hell would they leave them in the pods? They even sell them in the pods in the frozen vegetable section of grocery stores, just as they do sugar snap peas, implying that the pods are edible.

I bought a HUGE bag of edimame in the pods at Costco one time. I was mad as hell when I realized that I had to shell them to make them edible.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Edamame, when steamed properly in the pod, tastes far better than any nasty old snap pea. I suspect the other reason they serve them in the pod is that a (very) small bowl of hulled soybeans doesn't look like a reasonable quantity compared to a larger bowl of soybeans in the pods.

Well, all I know is they were nasty and inedible as served to me. I won't make the same mistake again. They weren't served as a side dish. They were part of the stir-fry dish. And sugar snap peas are delicious! :p (unless they have been allowed to grow to the point of being "woody" themselves.)

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    A burger joint works for me too. Especially since churchmouse owes ATM and me cheeseburgers for our successful infiltration of the gun “buyback” in Crawfordsville at the police station. He bet us it wouldn’t end well and it did. It’s been long enough; maybe a Big Ugly at Bub’s is due for interest earned.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    A burger joint works for me too. Especially since churchmouse owes ATM and me cheeseburgers for our successful infiltration of the gun “buyback” in Crawfordsville at the police station. He bet us it wouldn’t end well and it did. It’s been long enough; maybe a Big Ugly at Bub’s is due for interest earned.

I owe Amboy49 a burger as well. Good call CB, can't go wrong with burgers.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Man I had forgotten all of that but of course. I will make good on this.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

(ahem)

https://fox59.com/2018/04/29/gun-buy-back-in-crawfordsville-draws-both-sellers-and-opponents/

See the video starting at the 1:40 time mark, right side of the screen, the exceptionally handsome fellow also on the premises.

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    (clears throat nonchalantly)
    One thing about INGO, you actually know the people on the other side of the keyboards. You don't have AMT, BChausen, and Rhinoo showing up to scam a burger.

With that in mind, can anyone identify Amboy49?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    One thing about INGO, you actually know the people on the other side of the keyboards. You don't have AMT, BChausen, and Rhinoo showing up to scam a burger.

With that in mind, can anyone identify Amboy49?

Yep!

I even know a specific thing to say to irritate him! HAHAH!

Top Bottom