• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Probably Chicago, Luries, University of Chicago, LaRabida. I'll take my chances with Riley rather than travel to Chicago.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    This.

One of my coworkers was just there a couple days ago after her daughter ate a bunch of small magnets. I'm pretty sure she didn't care that she had to leave her sidearm in the car.

Didn't care? Or, she was willing to make a hard choice base on the alternatives? There's a huge difference between willing to make a hard choice and "didn't care."

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Didn't care? Or, she was willing to make a hard choice base on the alternatives? There's a huge difference between willing to make a hard choice and "didn't care."
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to rhino again.

El-Cigarro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    What do you mean, "I"???? You're a COP. You can carry anywhere. No matter what kind of "Gun Control" they pass, you'll be exempt. I know all about Riley. I was a patient there in the early seventies. My Dad carried there.......

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    Spent some time there 2 years ago with my granddaughter. Outstanding care and staff. Hope to never need their services again. Hate the idea of disarming, but wouldn't hesitate to do so , if the need for their level of care ever happened again.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I don't like the idea of having to be disarmed but I suppose they're doing what they believe they have to do to increase security. This is the types of measures many folks including gun folks were calling for at our schools after Parkland. Like others have said, if/when a relative of mine needs serious/specialty healthcare, I'm going where the best care is regardless of their gun policies. I can go to a different restaurant or store but I'll leave my gun in my truck to make sure my loved ones are well taken care of.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    How would hospital security know whether you are being paid or not? They're gonna let you through armed, aren't they?

"Professional courtesy?" :dunno:

Well, I don't know many officers that just walk around, off-duty, with the badge clipped to their belt and OC'ing.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Well, I don't know many officers that just walk around, off-duty, with the badge clipped to their belt and OC'ing.

That's not really relevant.

Assuming you carry off duty and you carry LEO ID, would you not use that to carry wherever it would be allowed with your credentials?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That's not really relevant.

Assuming you carry off duty and you carry LEO ID, would you not use that to carry wherever it would be allowed with your credentials?

You'd be surprised how many LEOs don't carry off-duty.

Top Bottom