• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Your previous emoticon eye rolling and its implications are inconsistent with your statement. That's not just what is being said.

I think you are reading that in.

Statements like "I won't take my child to that hospital because of this" (paraphrase) is what garnered the eyeroll, not opposition to the policy in and of itself....then there's the whole "why are cops special" discussion....which seems irrelevant.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I think you are reading that in.

Statements like "I won't take my child to that hospital because of this" (paraphrase) is what garnered the eyeroll, not opposition to the policy in and of itself....then there's the whole "why are cops special" discussion....which seems irrelevant.

I accept your clarification, if it matters.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    People also need to train to survive in situations where a firearm cannot be carried...stop believing that being without a firearm = "unarmed".
    While I agree with learning defense without firearms, for some people "no gun"= "unarmed">ie elderly or disabled. In any case, criminals don't pick fair fights (it's predation) so hand-to-hand skills are typically supplemental to create space to get your gun.

If you have to go there, do what you gotta do, but GFZs are still criminally negligent unless they're backed up with armed guards

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    My wife has been working there for over 2 years now. I thought for sure those have been there for several months. Like, sometime back in October/November. Maybe it was just her entrance at the time?
    But yeah. I went a few times to drop stuff off for her. Only went in once, doesn't look like I'm going in again anytime soon.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Well, if they choose to deny U.S. citizens of their Constitutional rights then that says a lot about their politics - and all of the people who go along with it. :rolleyes:

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    You also have to realize that Riley sits in an area of town that has a higher than average crime rate, the IUPUI campus. It seems like there is an armed robbery, rape, or assault / battery there on a weekly basis. I may be exaggerating slightly but I used to work for IU Health and saw the alerts that came out, usually an hour or so after the news media published the story. Also, my wife works there at Riley and the stories she brings home of the things they have to deal with... If it gives you any idea of what they encounter, the Safety and Security department was upgraded to a sworn police force. They've had the metal detectors in the ED for some time at both Methodist and Riley. It doesn't surprise me they are expanding the practice to all entrances.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    If getting anyone medical attention especially a kid requires me to ditch my gun then so be it. we talked about this at work of course the dude that wears punisher shirts on a daily basis says if his kid needs medical care he will go elsewhere. I really cant wrap my head around that much stupidity.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Wonder how much of this sentiment is about feelings? How does that make you feeel? :rolleyes:

Of course people will take care of their children, doing whatever is necessary. Why do we even bring that into the conversation about a public establishment removing our common ability for self defense of the family?

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    I think they just put up a sign at every door saying "We don't want your business or your money". It's short - it's sweet - it addresses their issue.

Top Bottom