• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    However, the suspect made the deadly force decision for the officer when he decided to assault him.

Watching the " news " getting pissed at CNN & MSNBC because they can't seem to get that concept through their libtard brains while crying about how " it didn't have to end this way " .

scoutsniper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 93.5%
    29   2   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Connersville
    I do not understand this line of reasoning. The officer did not pull the kid over and then open fire on him as the punishment for it. This society LOVES to remove blame from the those who deserve it the most. Could the officer have dealt with the guy differently? Sure. However, the suspect made the deadly force decision for the officer when he decided to assault him.

You and others are the reason I love ingo. No purple. You guys understand life isn't rainbows and feelings. Decisions have consequences.. Lesson learned the hard way on this one lol

chubbs

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Jun 2, 2009
    North of hell, south of heaven
    If that was your child, would you feel the same way?

Simply stated, This wouldn't be my child. If you actually raise your kids to be a respectful member of this great country, this doesn't happen. This kid learned to be a dip**** from someone and I'm willing to bet it was his parents. I feel the same about this as I do about the thugs shot by police or rival thugs on the evening news. The moms typically on tv saying, "Why'd the police shoot him, he was a good boy, the cop should have stayed in the car." If you had raised him to not he a peace of ****, he'd still be here. I feel for the LEO.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    I don't know what video the rest of you watched but the one I saw clearly depicted a murder. I could easily defend that too but in another thread I made a comment about casting pearls before swine, so I better leave the rest of my opinions unsaid.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    There seems to be some confusion here as to why the kid flashed his lights... I got the impression it was to get oncoming traffic (who happened to be the officer who pulled him over) to dim their lights because the kid was being blinded. Some have mentioned flashing of headlights to warn oncoming motorists of a speed trap.

Regardless, sad chain of events which should and could have been broken at several points along the way, thus preventing the loss of life and anguish on all sides.

Kmocao

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Somewhar in the Bush
    Yeah, the cop could have done a few things differently, but he doesn't know this kid or what he is capable of. The kid was completely uncooperative with even the most simple of requests from an LEO, even after stun gun warnings. I would think anytime someone is acting like that, there is something else seriously wrong or something pretty serious that they are hiding. And then for the kid to come up off the ground that fast and hit you hard enough to gash the hell out of your head, I'd be shooting too. Don't see any kind of liability on the officer's part, but we all know he'll probably end up paying in civil court. Paying because some dumb ass kid decides its a good idea to jump up and attack a police officer during an arrest. I don't mean to sound callous, its incredibly sad what his parents and family must be going through, but damn, that was one stupid ass decision

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Did you miss the part where the kid attacked the officer?

I guess you missed the part when the Officer had no reason to pull the young man over first of all. Much less when the Officer had worthless interpersonal skills and when the Officer lost control of a escalating situation he had no business being in to begin with. He lost control and made three horrible decisions. He could have walked back and waitex for BU to arrive. The taser in the wrong mode and shooting a young man over " maybe " a minor traffic violation. Having a shaved head doesn't give you hand to hand skills, The Officer very easily could have descalate that situation before it went in the crapper, he just simply could have backed up and waited for other Officers to arrive. And all that smeared blood on the Officers face, I would bet its from the young man. And now a young man is dead. JMHO here.

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    Im confused. The kid did not break the law according to what people posted on here. There is no law regarding flashing lights in Michigan. Cop pulls kid over for flashing lights. Is this against the law? Can a cop pull someone over for no reason? Once cop pulled him over he asked for license and registration or what ever if you did not break a law and the cop is not saying why he pulled you over do you have to give him your info? Last can you be detained if you did not break the law? And if so where is the freedom? If a cop can detain you for no reason then you are guilty till proven innocent correct? Can a lawyer or cop plz answerer these questions cause I would like to know for my own info.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    As a younger man I had a K5 Blazed lifted up a few inches and a light bar on the roof with 5 KC Daylighters mounted on it.
    4 were pointed forward and the center one facing backwards. When dealing with the drivers that would not turn off there high beams, I would flash my headlights and or brake lights twice. Nothing says turn your high beams off like 4 million candle power coming towards you, or a million candle power blinding you from the truck that you are following with your high beams on.

Yea....I used to do that also.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Im confused. The kid did not break the law according to what people posted on here. There is no law regarding flashing lights in Michigan. Cop pulls kid over for flashing lights. Is this against the law? Can a cop pull someone over for no reason? Once cop pulled him over he asked for license and registration or what ever if you did not break a law and the cop is not saying why he pulled you over do you have to give him your info? Last can you be detained if you did not break the law? And if so where is the freedom? If a cop can detain you for no reason then you are guilty till proven innocent correct? Can a lawyer or cop plz answerer these questions cause I would like to know for my own info.

Even if you can flash to warn, you can't have your brights on at night with opposing traffic present regardless of how long they are on. Failure to dim.

Mich. Comp. Laws Ann. § 257.700 (West)

Last edited:

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I don't know when this failure to obey LEO stared but it needs to stop. Too late for the kid but hope maybe someone will learn something. Follow all commands and everyone goes home alive. If you have a problem settle it after in court.

I always flash My lights to warn. Also these days you are just asking for trouble if you don't turn ur waze app on before you start driving. Please everyone download waze and use it. It makes driving so much better.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Yes Frank, I see you. That's nice. I recognize that you are passive-aggressively calling me a 'tard...... Subtle. (well, ok your response is sort of amusing even if wrong) I think we both should sit this one out. If either one of us posted our true feelings on this one..... Well, I know MY feelings on this one would certainly get me banned. I'm sure you are adamant with the opposing view.

Don't start me talking, I'll tell everything I know.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    I do not understand this line of reasoning. The officer did not pull the kid over and then open fire on him as the punishment for it. This society LOVES to remove blame from the those who deserve it the most. Could the officer have dealt with the guy differently? Sure. However, the suspect made the deadly force decision for the officer when he decided to assault him.

Line of reasoning is pretty clear - what's not to understand? It's simple - don't turn a minor infraction into a pissing contest (this applies to both parties). Once the scuffle started, I think the officer was justified in shooting. However, the officer had multiple opportunities to handle it better before it got that far - maybe he needed better training, maybe he needed to apply the training he had, maybe he shouldn't have worried about such a minor infraction. And of course there's no excuse for failing to follow the officer's commands.

Teenagers will act stupid - don't sink to their level. If he waits for backup, the kid probably sits in the car, and he's probably not going to attack two officers.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Simply stated, This wouldn't be my child. If you actually raise your kids to be a respectful member of this great country, this doesn't happen. This kid learned to be a dip**** from someone and I'm willing to bet it was his parents. I feel the same about this as I do about the thugs shot by police or rival thugs on the evening news. The moms typically on tv saying, "Why'd the police shoot him, he was a good boy, the cop should have stayed in the car." If you had raised him to not he a peace of ****, he'd still be here. I feel for the LEO.

I sure hope that your smug attitude doesn't come back to haunt you. Everybody thinks that their child is well trained and obedient. Newsflash - many aren't, the teenage brain is unpredictable, and you can't control their actions 24/7.

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    Even if you can flash to warn, you can't have your brights on at night with opposing traffic present regardless of how long they are on. Failure to dim.Mich. Comp. Laws Ann. § 257.700 (West)
    Yep then the rest is null. The kid should have listened. It is still messed up though the cop could have done WAY better. It is his job. The kid was a kid. If I shot every kid that did not listen there would be no humans left.

BADWOLF

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 24, 2015
    Small Town USA
    Time to armchair quarterback....

I can't believe that that teenager pulled a ( gun, knife, bat, rock ***). That the officer felt his life was in mortal danger and that he needed to retaliate with deadly force. Hmmm how about shove or kick the adolescent away and retrieve you bat-baton from your utility belt and give him a good whack to the legs or arm I'm sure the excruciating pain of a broken arm or kneecap would probably bring the unruly teen to his knees where he could be handcuffed. Instead of the first response being let's go for the gun. Example of correct response IMHO
    ( suspect / officer )
    level 1 ( unruly mouthy non compliant / taser )
    Level 2 ( combative / taser or baton )
    Level 3 ( knife, bat, aka close quarters weapon / baton or drawn weapon )
    Level 4 ( handgun, shotgun or rifle / discharging side arm till threat is neutralized )

Sorry but I have to go with unreasonable force and over reaction by the officer

I think its called escalation of force

And personally if I was an officer dealing with a unruly teenager when I ran the license plate I would probably yellow page the address or googled it got the phone number call the parents and then turn around and have the parents call the teenager who sitting in the car and have them explain to him that he's going to have to comply with me.

Sorry I'm not a by the books type person.......

Last edited:
    Top Bottom