• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Sorry about the bold, part of it wouldn't change so I had to make it all bold.

Senator Braun,

[h=1] After reading your comments a September 6 article from thehill.com “GOP senator: Unwillingness to do 'commonsense stuff' could lead to stricter gun laws” I have significant concerns over your support of the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] Amendment.
    [/h][h=1] To begin with, what exactly is “commonsense stuff”? You need to realize the gun owners who elected you to office are all too familiar with the over-used phrase of the anti-gun movement. In this case, “common sense” means nothing and does well in focus groups. Much like the phrase “assault weapon” means “anything they want to ban”. [/h][h=1] You also called for “focused background checks”. What exactly does that mean? I think we have those now. If you call for holding government employees accountable for not doing their jobs when it comes to background checks, gun owners will support you. If it means further eroding Constitutional Rights of law-abiding gun owners, you need to come out and say it. [/h][h=1] You also said, “…we do what needs to be done so that guns don't get into the wrong hands." Well Senator, neither do millions of law-abiding gun owners. We also realize that laws only affect the law-abiding. A felon in possession of a firearm can receive a 10 year federal prison sentence for this action. Why are there so few prosecutions? If every gun law in this country is essentially a failure, why is the answer always more laws? As law-abiding gun owners know all too well, the answer to bad government is not more government. [/h] Make no mistake Senator, Indiana’s gun owners are paying attention. Bring actions that will lead to results. Prosecute dangerous felons to the full extent of existing law. Make NICS reliable and hold responsible those who do not perform their duties. Do not try to appease those who would eliminate vital Constitutional Rights. Also never forget that Indiana’s gun owners are why you were elected to the US Senate.
    Thank you,

Name
    Address
    Phone

https://www.braun.senate.gov/contact-mike

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I know I've written him a couple of times and called his office once. I'm guessing he must be getting a lot of support for this stuff from they mushy middle Indiana republicans. We were in better shape with Obama in office and the republicans faking support for the 2A than we appear to be now. If Trump gives these guys cover, they'll fold faster than a broken card table.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Yeah, I saw right through Braun when his only reply to any question about guns was the, "I grew up with guns and I own a gun" BS, and when his facebook page mentioned that he was pro-2A I posted a direct question in response, which was answered in a PM in a very Dick Luger fashion, then I voted for someone else in the primary.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I know I've written him a couple of times and called his office once. I'm guessing he must be getting a lot of support for this stuff from they mushy middle Indiana republicans. We were in better shape with Obama in office and the republicans faking support for the 2A than we appear to be now. If Trump gives these guys cover, they'll fold faster than a broken card table.
    McConnell said as much.

Look at the gem I found this morning
    https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/201...e-House-is-working-on-gun-plan/5971568154640/

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Republicans, Democrats; Same sh*t, different piles.

I've never really subscribed to this opinion, other than perhaps some narrow issues.

But, at the national level, I think this cycle is revealing some very stark differences - gun rights being one of them.

Although, that may also be more of a liberal/conservative distinction rather than Democrat/Republican. In that case, liberalism is winning. (And not the good kind of liberalism.)

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I've never really subscribed to this opinion, other than perhaps some narrow issues.

But, at the national level, I think this cycle is revealing some very stark differences - gun rights being one of them.

Although, that may also be more of a liberal/conservative distinction rather than Democrat/Republican. In that case, liberalism is winning. (And not the good kind of liberalism.)

I used to not hold to the above opinion. But increasingly, even at the local level, in counties where a democrat doesn't stand a chance of winning much, the republicans are getting less and less discernible from democrats in their positions and policy goals.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I used to not hold to the above opinion. But increasingly, even at the local level, in counties where a democrat doesn't stand a chance of winning much, the republicans are getting less and less discernible from democrats in their positions and policy goals.
    Too true. Spend spend spend is the order of the day. Use the .gov to control whatever aspect of life they think is righteous.

solarpimp

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 97.7%
    42   1   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    Irvington

It's like Professional Wrestling where they put a show on for the audience (their constituents) about how much they disagree and dislike one another. Two hours later, back-stage, they're having a beer together and saying "Don't screw this up for me and I won't screw it up for you".

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Shoulda just voted for Donnelly. At least I knew what to expect from him.:rolleyes:

Only difference is if/when another SCOTUS appointment comes available while Trump is in office, Braun will be a Trump follower and support his nominee. Donnelly would never do that. Donnelly voted against Kav. I'm trying to stay positive and think long game while remaining as vigilant as I can in the short and now game

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Call senator braun. Light his voicemail up. Make them have to hire more interns to listen to all of the messages.

Tell him in a non threatening way to get his act together and keep his oath.

(202) 224-4814

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Government employees / politicians no longer think of themselves as public servants.
    They think of themselves as "leaders", or "rulers".

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    We knew what Braun was when we elected him, the same as Trump. We need to let them both know from EVERY angle how we think on this.

Why isn't this on the local news, radio and podcasts?
    Where is our gun rights organizations on this?
    Where is our police and veterans organizations?
    Where is our polling on this?

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    “These are not men who are being whipped: These are men who take the lash obediently and whip themselves.”

—Ayn Rand; thoroughly applicable to Mike Braun for this pusillanimous idea.

Top Bottom