• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    What did you expect? He was a democrat until 2012. I’ve said it all along, he was put in there by lefties with money and media connections to keep Rokita out.

Or maybe to keep Luke Messer out? Messer or Rokita would have been fine for the 2A. But then Braun entered the fray and the Democrats crossed party lines to vote in the primary for moderate wishy washy Braun (they figured if Donnelly would get beat at least it'd be by a weak Braun and not someone strong like Messer or Rokita).

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Or come to one of his Townhall meetings and be heard in person like I have (and will again).

I wish I could join you again CB, not in the cards today. Maybe a little old lady will call you a horse's *** :laugh: If it happens you should ask if she knows that guy from the Crawfordsville Church.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    We need to get some video on this. Something for Youtube.

A picture is worth a thousand words, but experiencing this in person should be on everyone's to-do list. This is what we're up against.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Well here's the reply I got. Looks strangely familiar... changed a few word from the one in August.

Waiting to see CBhausen's AAR on the Zionsville trip. I spoke to him earlier, another eye-opening experience.

mail

September 12, 2019​
    Dear Mr. KellyinAvon,

Thank you for contacting my office regardingSecond Amendment protections to keep and bear arms. I appreciate hearing from you.
    I am an avid hunter, a National Rifle Association member, and stand in support of the Second Amendment. In the Senate, I will oppose any efforts to restrict the rights of law-abiding gun owners and will protect their ability to defend themselves and their families in life-threatening situations. Because of this, I have co-sponsored S. 69, the Constitutional Carry Reciprocity Act , S. 1506, a bill to permit those complying with state firearm laws to carry, and S. 351, the Gun Owners Registration Information Protection Act .
    I am deeply troubled by recent shootings. Simply put, there is no place for the hate that motivated these attacks in our great country. Americans are collectively grieving the loss of our fellow citizens to senseless violence. My wife Maureen and I are praying for the victims and survivors of these horrific events.
    I know that the federal government’s most fundamental responsibility is to keep citizens safe. As a United States Senator, public safety is therefore a top priority. Steps must be taken to ensure that the dangerously mentally ill and those who wish to do others harm are not able to legally purchase and possess firearms to commit violent acts.
    Mass shootings and gun violence across the country create complex situations, and I believe that we need solutions to prevent those who only wish to do others harm from gaining access to dangerous weapons. First and foremost, I believe our existing laws need to be fully enforced. Second, I believe we should pass commonsense legislative solutions that include reforms to strengthen background checks. Additionally, we should encourage states to enact extreme risk protection orders similar to Indiana’s Jake Laird Law , which strikes the important balance between citizens’ Second Amendment rights and ensuring that local law enforcement has the tools it needs to prevent violence. Lastly, we as Americans must take the time required to address and respond to the part of our culture that glorifies violence and instead empower communities to focus mental health services.
    Any legislation that I support or vote for will have to be constructed in a way that protects law-abiding Americans’ access to their Second Amendment rights. As I consider any currently proposed legislation, I will keep your thoughts in mind.
    Thank you for contacting me. It is an honor to serve as your U.S. Senator from Indiana. Please keep in touch with me on issues of concern to you. You can also follow me on Twitter or Facebook for real-time updates on my activities in the U.S. Senate. If I ever may be of service, please do not hesitate to contact me.
    Sincerely,
    mail

Mike Braun
    U.S. Senator
    P.S. This message was sent by email to save taxpayer dollars.

Last edited:

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Well here's the reply I got. Looks strangely familiar... changed a few word from the one in August.

Waiting to see CBhausen's AAR on the Zionsville trip. I spoke to him earlier, another eye-opening experience.

mail

September 12, 2019​
    Dear Mr. KellyinAvon,

Thank you for contacting my office regardingSecond Amendment protections to keep and bear arms. I appreciate hearing from you.
    I am an avid hunter, a National Rifle Association member, and stand in support of the Second Amendment. In the Senate, I will oppose any efforts to restrict the rights of law-abiding gun owners and will protect their ability to defend themselves and their families in life-threatening situations. Because of this, I have co-sponsored S. 69, the Constitutional Carry Reciprocity Act , S. 1506, a bill to permit those complying with state firearm laws to carry, and S. 351, the Gun Owners Registration Information Protection Act .
    I am deeply troubled by recent shootings. Simply put, there is no place for the hate that motivated these attacks in our great country. Americans are collectively grieving the loss of our fellow citizens to senseless violence. My wife Maureen and I are praying for the victims and survivors of these horrific events.
    I know that the federal government’s most fundamental responsibility is to keep citizens safe. As a United States Senator, public safety is therefore a top priority. Steps must be taken to ensure that the dangerously mentally ill and those who wish to do others harm are not able to legally purchase and possess firearms to commit violent acts.
    Mass shootings and gun violence across the country create complex situations, and I believe that we need solutions to prevent those who only wish to do others harm from gaining access to dangerous weapons. First and foremost, I believe our existing laws need to be fully enforced. Second, I believe we should pass commonsense legislative solutions that include reforms to strengthen background checks. Additionally, we should encourage states to enact extreme risk protection orders similar to Indiana’s Jake Laird Law , which strikes the important balance between citizens’ Second Amendment rights and ensuring that local law enforcement has the tools it needs to prevent violence. Lastly, we as Americans must take the time required to address and respond to the part of our culture that glorifies violence and instead empower communities to focus mental health services.
    Any legislation that I support or vote for will have to be constructed in a way that protects law-abiding Americans’ access to their Second Amendment rights. As I consider any currently proposed legislation, I will keep your thoughts in mind.
    Thank you for contacting me. It is an honor to serve as your U.S. Senator from Indiana. Please keep in touch with me on issues of concern to you. You can also follow me on Twitter or Facebook for real-time updates on my activities in the U.S. Senate. If I ever may be of service, please do not hesitate to contact me.
    Sincerely,
    mail

Mike Braun
    U.S. Senator
    Received the exact same one this afternoon.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Whenever I read, "I am an avid hunter", in a letter from a politician I always go immediately to...

elmer_fudd_with_gun_trucker_hat-r9a8f03c27b65452d88e0cd943ec47344_eahvn_8byvr_307.jpg

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I received the same form letter.

So is it to early to ask if there are any members with an in at the Republican party, who can let it be known there are voters who would like to see a Constitutionalist alternative to Mr Braun next election?

Some one who understands his oath per Article VI, and what "shall not be infringed" means.

On the bright side, at least Donnelly is not still in office.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I feel left out. I never got a reply from him. Maybe because I told him he was on his way to losing my vote.

One of you should reply and ask him where in the Constitution it says this.
    I know that the federal government’s most fundamental responsibility is to keep citizens safe

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I wonder if his rhetoric will change after Beto's tirade.

I mean, any sort of "let's head this off" kind of initiative will totally get hijacked into a take-away/AWB. The Dems could sell it by saying it has Republican support.

"Braun agrees that we need an AWB because it is the only reasonable option. If he says he doesn't mean that, then he's just another lying Republican."

Something like that.

EvilElmo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Dearborn Co.
    What a moron. The federal government's most fundamental responsibility is NOT to keep people safe. It's not a freaking nanny. The fed's ultimately responsibility is to protect individual liberty.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I feel left out. I never got a reply from him. Maybe because I told him he was on his way to losing my vote.

One of you should reply and ask him where in the Constitution it says this.

I did last night. I'm not betting on a real response.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Quick observation: speeding kills more people per year than rifles do.

Because this is the internet, sourcing is important:
    https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u....016/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-4.xls - in 2016, 374 people were killed with rifles. (As an aside, more people were murder by knives/cutting, blunt objects, and fists/feet/hands than rifles.)

https://www.nhtsa.gov/risky-driving/speeding - in 2017, 9,717 people were killed because of speeding. That's about 30x a bigger problem than rifles.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

mail

September 12, 2019​
    Dear Mr. KellyinAvon,

Sincerely,
    mail

Mike Braun
    U.S. Senator

The US federal government's most fundamental responsibility is to protect the rights of citizens.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

I was concerned about the ban of "bump stocks", but was reassured by numerous ingotarians that such things were simply novelty items for the range and that I need not be concerned. Only a paranoid fool would see it as a reach for something more.

Fear not, ladies. The government will keep itself in check and ensure your natural rights are not infringed upon...says so right there in the constitution. If push comes to shove, you can rely on the 9 folks in black robes to make the principled decision for the other 330,000,000 of us.

Top Bottom