• ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Possibility of neg. discharge?

Maybe. Maybe Officer McShooter was holding his pistol up to the scout car door when she came out to the alley? Could be a score of things right now.

So hot pajama girl is leaning in to the driver side talking to that officer , when the officer in the passenger seat opens fire? Did I get that right? The driver had to have about crapped his pants if he didn't know that was coming.

Maybe he should have listened when a brilliant man said not waving your guns around like pom-poms is important.

Discipline? Important? Pffft, what are you, some mad man like Kirk Freeman?

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Something is definitely wrong here. The woman who was shot was also the one who called the police. One could assume that she approached the police car to tell them why she called, as reasonable person might do. No information yet on how she approached or if she was carrying anything, but the accounts that I've seen (including in this article) seem to indicate that she was talking with the officer in the driver's seat when she was shot:

A 40-year-old woman who family members said called 911 to report a possible assault in the alley behind her home Saturday night was fatally shot by a Minneapolis police officer. …
    Three sources with knowledge of the incident said Sunday that two officers in one squad car, responding to the 911 call, pulled into the alley. Damond, in her pajamas, went to the driver’s side door and was talking to the driver. The officer in the passenger seat pulled his gun and shot Damond through the driver’s side door, sources said. No weapon was found at the scene.

The story also indicates that the alley where the police had pulled up was well lit.

From her home in the middle of the block, Justine Damond would have had to walk a little more than 100 yards to get to the end of the alley.
    There are three lights mounted on telephone poles along that route plus nine motion-detector lights on garages, and neighbors said the alley is well-lit at night.

So unless something comes out where it turns out that she ran straight at the police car, shrieking at the top of her lungs, holding a weapon (which somehow wasn't found) above her head, I don't see any real possible way this could be a valid shoot. But who knows. There seems to be a lot of folks out there who will bend over backwards to justify any time an officer shoots someone, especially if it happens in Minnesota. :whistle:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    "Minneapolis Police Shoot Unarmed Woman In Pajamas"

tumblr_o8y9v4YqJz1qzr715o1_500.gif

What they were doing in their pajamas we'll never know...

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Nobody here has justified anything. Find out what really happened before you organize the lynch mob.
    Let me justify it for you.

She's Australian, maybe she was throwing snakes at them. No weapon found!

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN

I grew up in Minneapolis. My Grandparents and parents all lived in the Cedar-Riverside area when they moved to Minneapolis from the Iron Range. This area is now a no-go area for non-Somali's. Even the Chippewa don't venture too far from their reservation just west of that area.

This is a VERY big deal and an important revelation. Diversity is our strength and all......

Actually, she might be lucky he did not chop her down with a machete. Not joking here. They brought their customs with them.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I grew up in Minneapolis. My Grandparents and parents all lived in the Cedar-Riverside area when they moved to Minneapolis from the Iron Range. This area is now a no-go area for non-Somali's. Even the Chippewa don't venture too far from their reservation just west of that area.

This is a VERY big deal and an important revelation. Diversity is our strength and all......

Let be careful not to vilify this officer due to his religion, and ethnicity. If we travel down that road, we are no different than those who vilify white officers that shoot black people, without thinking of whether shoot was good or not. I personally would find it odd if a Somali joined a police department just so he could shoot white christian people. I mean it could happen, but it seems a pretty remote idea.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Though this raises several legitimate questions, I wouldn't worry about widespread protests or this becoming more than a local story.

But this ought to be a nation-wide story, and it ought to force the nation to begin to figure out: what`s wrong with so many police departments, that they shoot first and ask questions later. Every single one of us should be concerned and demanding answers.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    But this ought to be a nation-wide story, and it ought to force the nation to begin to figure out: what`s wrong with so many police departments, that they shoot first and ask questions later. Every single one of us should be concerned and demanding answers.

I don't disagree. However, I don't concentrate on "shoulds" that I can't control. I will, however, point out the reality. The reality is that main-stream national media doesn't care much about a story like this unless it can graft some larger narrative that supports their hobby-horse issues onto it. I just don't see that here.

Let be careful not to vilify this officer due to his religion, and ethnicity. If we travel down that road, we are no different than those who vilify white officers that shoot black people, without thinking of whether shoot was good or not. I personally would find it odd if a Somali joined a police department just so he could shoot white christian people. I mean it could happen, but it seems a pretty remote idea.

You are, of course, right about this. I would be spectacularly surprised if race, ethnicity or religion of either the victim or the officer had anything to do with anything here.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I don`t find the murder of an unarmed female particularly humorous...

Now what IS funny, is that you used the "unarmed" defense. It's like I'm in a bizzaroland,

Kut (reminds that unarmed doesn't mean "not a threat")

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Sad deal any way you slice it. It is so easy to speculate, but not easy to hold fire and wait for the investigation and the facts. We all want answers right away. I'm not criticizing anyone, as it is hard for me, too. The right thing to do is wait and not pass judgement, hard as it may be.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Sad deal any way you slice it. It is so easy to speculate, but not easy to hold fire and wait for the investigation and the facts. We all want answers right away. I'm not criticizing anyone, as it is hard for me, too. The right thing to do is wait and not pass judgement, hard as it may be.

Well, my inclination is the officer ****** up, and his career in LE is over before it even really started.

Top Bottom