• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Prepare to be surprised. The world we live in is not what you think it is.

main-qimg-ed23d9866da0882d2b994338a31dc8fa

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Police officer who shot Justine Damond identified | Daily Mail Online

More details on the officer. On force 2 years. 3 complaints, one lawsuit, one sealed... is that normal?

Complaints can be a function of where you work. The local thuggery will complain you're "harrassing" them to attempt to get the brass to call you off, intimidate you over the chance of a lawsuit, etc. Or, they can be completely legit and the officer screwed up. If you work in certain areas (and I do mean work, as opposed to be just assigned to) you will get complaints.

I've certainly been complained on for things I did not do, including an allegation of a serious felony by a mentally ill woman who probably really believed what she was claiming. I've also been complained on for things I absolutely did do...but the person didn't like it despite it being within policy, within the law, ethical, etc. To date, I have no SUSTAINED complaints in my file, which is really what matters. Remember there is no burden of proof at all to file a complaint, and in most places there's no repercussions for filing a false one even if it's technically illegal.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    [FONT=&amp]“Three sources with knowledge of the incident said Sunday that two officers in one squad car, responding to the 911 call, pulled into the alley. Damond, in her pajamas, went to the driver’s side door and was talking to the driver. The officer in the passenger seat pulled his gun and shot Damond through the driver’s side door, sources confirmed. No weapon was found at the scene,” [/FONT]the Star Tribune reported.

So, I don't think this guy being Somali is an issue per se. He has 2 degrees, so obviously is reasonably intelligent and works hard. BUT, given the big deal that was made over his hiring, the inquiry is going to have to investigate if this fellow was qualified to be an officer (I think we know the answer to that) and were any bars lowered to make sure he skated through the process. So look for this investigation to cast a wider net than normal.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    But this ought to be a nation-wide story, and it ought to force the nation to begin to figure out: what`s wrong with so many police departments, that they shoot first and ask questions later. Every single one of us should be concerned and demanding answers.

"So many police departments shoot first and ask questions later." Here you go making the all or nothing statements again. Police departments don't shoot people, individual officers do. To vilify an entire department, or profession for that matter, based on the actions of one officer is assinine. You know, kind of like when all gun owners are vilified for the actions of one? But hey, we're talking about the police so who cares about making rational statements.

Family man

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2017
    Southern
    I can only speculate on what its like to be a cop dealing with the lowest 10% of society day in and out. How that would affect your world view. Working homicides, wrecks, child abuse cases. Its not a job I would want. It would be easy to become jaded even for the best of the best.
    That said this is why I did not call the sheriff dep when I had some things stolen, and a window broken out at the farm. My mother in law asked me why I refused to. My responce was I dont want want shot, or my wife, kids,or dogs. And I was not joking. Sure the few bad ones give the many great ones a bad rap. But why roll the dice of its not 100% necessary?

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I can only speculate on what its like to be a cop dealing with the lowest 10% of society day in and out. How that would affect your world view. Working homicides, wrecks, child abuse cases. Its not a job I would want. It would be easy to become jaded even for the best of the best.
    That said this is why I did not call the sheriff dep when I had some things stolen, and a window broken out at the farm. My mother in law asked me why I refused to. My responce was I dont want want shot, or my wife, kids,or dogs. And I was not joking. Sure the few bad ones give the many great ones a bad rap. But why roll the dice of its not 100% necessary?

Well, that is the 2nd stupidest thing I've read today.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Tell that to the dead woman that called the cops thos thread is about. Or the many others that called them and either got shot, family or a dog that did. Call them if you want I chose not to.

I've heard plenty of horror stories about doctors making fatal mistakes, so you probably shouldn't go to the doctor either. And don't get me started on car accidents. You probably shouldn't drive either. In fact, you should stay home in a bubble wrap suit just to be really sure.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Tell that to the dead woman that called the cops thos thread is about. Or the many others that called them and either got shot, family or a dog that did. Call them if you want I chose not to.

What about all the dead cops that were called to a gun owner's house only to be shot by said gun owner? I hope police never respond to your house because you'll shoot them.

Family man

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2017
    Southern
    I've heard plenty of horror stories about doctors making fatal mistakes, so you probably shouldn't go to the doctor either. And don't get me started on car accidents. You probably shouldn't drive either. In fact, you should stay home in a bubble wrap suit just to be really sure.

I agree my son 16 months old was killed due to a car accident. A 19 year old in a 3/4 ton ran a red light at 65mph and never hit his breaks.. on top of that he probably would have survived but due to a 7.5 hour delay before being life flighted from jasper to louisville his brain had time to swell so much it ruptured at his spine and he died. Talk to me when you have had any similar loss big man.

Family man

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2017
    Southern
    What about all the dead cops that were called to a gun owner's house only to be shot by said gun owner? I hope police never respond to your house because you'll shoot them.

Now thats the least intelligent thing I have read all day. Not sure how you made that leap unless your a liberal Democrat. Thats right out of their play book.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I agree my son 16 months old was killed due to a car accident. A 19 year old in a 3/4 ton ran a red light at 65mph and never hit his breaks.. on top of that he probably would have survived but due to a 7.5 hour delay before being life flighted from jasper to louisville his brain had time to swell so much it ruptured at his spine and he died. Talk to me when you have had any similar loss big man.

No need for the butthurt. You'r tragic loss doesn't make you any more of a subject matter expert on the topic at hand than anyone else on this thread.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Now thats the least intelligent thing I have read all day. Not sure how you made that leap unless your a liberal Democrat. Thats right out of their play book.

You seriously don't see the connection? You posted that you won't call the cops because you're afraid the cops will shoot you. That's about as broad of a generalization as any, and no more of a stretch than what Frank posted.

Family man

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2017
    Southern
    You seriously don't see the connection? You posted that you won't call the cops because you're afraid the cops will shoot you. That's about as broad of a generalization as any, and no more of a stretch than what Frank posted.

Sorry but this is a thread about the cops shooting the woman that called them. No stretch at all to say I dont call them for somthing unnessary that they cant and will do nothing about theaft. Due to the frequency of just that happining. Did you two miss the part where I said a few bad cops give the good ones a bad name. And that its a hard job i would not want.
    Then to jump to OMG what about the cops that get shot by.... like thats an excuse for cops shooting people that are no threat let alone the one that call them.
    Further to sugest that I would shoot them. Well if you cant see thats quite a jump and unfounded personal attack im sorry for your comprehension problems.
    As far as the but hurt lol its the internet I know him not there for do not care what he thinks. But be a jack ass and get the same back should be expected. Dose your mother know your up this late?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Where's Paul Harvey when you need him? "The rest of the story" is really needed. It's like looking at six connected puzzle pieces on a 500 piece puzzle.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Police officer who shot Justine Damond identified | Daily Mail Online

More details on the officer. On force 2 years. 3 complaints, one lawsuit, one sealed... is that normal?

An old adage, if "if you haven't been sued or gotten a complaint," you're not doing the job right. I've had both. It can be for something where a serious wrongdoing is alleged, or something as simple as calling someone by their first name. What counts is if the allegations are "founded," which most aren't.

Top Bottom