• ...and so much more!
  • Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Agreed. Someone here surely has enough social media presence to kick things off. Someone pick a target, which may as well be Target, spread the word, and I'll be happy to do my part.

Let's give someone a 30% worse quarter in their sector while no one else suffers. That would send a message. Especially since this quarter includes Christmas shopping...

Walmart had a mass shooting and is asking customers not to OC. That's understandable. They still want 2A business.
    But, they are against 2A. They stopped selling ammunition. Per their website, "Walmart is a charter member of the Responsible Firearms Retailer Partnership, organized by Walmart and Everytown for Gun Safety.".
    Everytown for Gun Safety is an American nonprofit organization which advocates for gun control and against gun violence. Everytown was founded in 2006, combining Mayors Against Illegal Guns and Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America. Everytown for Gun Safety is largely financed by Michael Bloomberg, who also founded the group. Evertown for Gun Safety is supporting gun control, gun bans, and Red Flag laws across the nation.

If you want to ban one of these retailers, why not go after the head of the snake.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    It would be nice if those gun owners who couldn't or wouldn't choose to boycott the anti-gun businesses didn't feel the need to justify their actions by "confessing."

Pfft... If someone is that easily led by strangers on the internet, they've got WAY bigger problems than whether or not to shop somewhere due to their 2A positions. I doubt most people would even be able to make it out of good meme thread alive.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    If you want to ban one of these retailers, why not go after the head of the snake.

Sounds good. Organize it on a national level and I'll kill the remaining 20% of my business (which is like $500/yr) I've decided to continue to do with the Wally's. Until then, you're spitting in the wind. You may as well be asking me to stop driving in protest of the asinine surcharges we all just got hit with on our plates. Me walking to work is really going to stick it to the man! Now, if you can talk half of the state into it, I'm game.

So... Since I lack the social media clout to organize that, and I'm assuming you do as well or you'd be telling us that, I'm waiting for Spartacus to emerge and I'll follow. Until then, $500/yr to the serpent. I'm also not telling you guys what to do. Do your thing. I support your decision as being the right one for you. I also pay GOA and NRA to organize this sort of thing for me... Where are they at?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...It would be nice if those gun owners who couldn't or wouldn't choose to boycott the anti-gun businesses didn't feel the need to justify their actions by "confessing."

Not every little thing needs to be said online. If your contributions influence others to be less than dedicated, how good is that for all of us?

Pfft... If someone is that easily led by strangers on the internet, they've got WAY bigger problems than whether or not to shop somewhere due to their 2A positions. I doubt most people would even be able to make it out of good meme thread alive.

That "strangers on the internet" crap is ok for your facebook and other social media haunts, but this is forum for gun owners. Most of us do not consider ourselves nameless or faceless and we take ourselves and our actions quite seriously.

You are certainly welcome to brag about all the money you spend supporting anti-gun companies. It'd just be nice if you'd do it somewhere other than a gun related forum.

All you have to do is read some of the posts in this and other threads about the same. There are plenty of folks right here on the fence about this. Good folks deciding whether this threat to the 2A is worth changing their habits for. Please don't give them excuses to ignore this, while they are seriously considering. :nono:

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    That "strangers on the internet" crap is ok for your facebook and other social media haunts, but this is forum for gun owners. Most of us do not consider ourselves nameless or faceless and we take ourselves and our actions quite seriously.

You are certainly welcome to brag about all the money you spend supporting anti-gun companies. It'd just be nice if you'd do it somewhere other than a gun related forum.

All you have to do is read some of the posts in this and other threads about the same. There are plenty of folks right here on the fence about this. Good folks deciding whether this threat to the 2A is worth changing their habits for. Please don't give them excuses to ignore this, while they are seriously considering. :nono:

My official position on this, which you may or may not know, is I'm reducing down what would normally be about $3k/yr at the Wally's to about $500, and that's SOULY on the basis of their 2A actions. I'm willing to make my life $2500 harder for the cause.

So... I'm not sure if you mean to wag your finger at me, or nameless others, but it feels a little extreme in my exact case. Also, gun forums are where people go to talk about gun issues. I've read at least hundreds of posts from Kut that I flat out disagreed with, but I don't tell him to go tell his story walking. There is an issue, there are arguments, people make their minds up about what to do. That's how it works. You have guns EXACTLY so it can work that way.

edit: Or if your goal is scream "same team, same team!" at me, you're also barking up the wrong tree. I'm NRA and GOA lifetime in both and have been known to give out gift memberships to random strangers just to swell the ranks and spread the word. Last time I did so I gave out 8 1 year memberships.

So... Show me some activism that is actually going to accomplish something, but don't chastise me for "bragging" that Walmart is only losing $2500 from me.

If I've read you far too personally, I deeply apologize. It's just getting a little preachy in here ATM.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    My official position on this, which you may or may not know, is I'm reducing down what would normally be about $3k/yr at the Wally's to about $500, and that's SOULY on the basis of their 2A actions. I'm willing to make my life $2500 harder for the cause.

So... I'm not sure if you mean to wag your finger at me, or nameless others, but it feels a little extreme in my exact case. Also, gun forums are where people go to talk about gun issues. I've read at least hundreds of posts from Kut that I flat out disagreed with, but I don't tell him to go tell his story walking. There is an issue, there are arguments, people make their minds up about what to do. That's how it works. You have guns EXACTLY so it can work that way.

edit: Or if your goal is scream "same team, same team!" at me, you're also barking up the wrong tree. I'm NRA and GOA lifetime in both and have been known to give out gift memberships to random strangers just to swell the ranks and spread the word. Last time I did so I gave out 8 1 year memberships.

So... Show me some activism that is actually going to accomplish something, but don't chastise me for "bragging" that Walmart is only losing $2500 from me.

If I've read you far too personally, I deeply apologize. It's just getting a little preachy in here ATM.

I apologize, if you are offended. It's not personal. Just trying to get something positive done here as a response to the recent threat to our Second Amendment.

There are plenty of discussions to be had on this exact subject without divulging to everyone that you are not on board. It is not helpful to anyone pro 2A when you are making excuses to support the anti-gunners, because it inconveniences you. Lots of others reading this are looking for excuses to not be inconvenienced also.

I'm sure that there are plenty of us that shopped at Walmart today, or there might be none. There are very few, if any at all who decided it would be a good idea to thumb their noses at those of us who purposely chose not to. :twocents:

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Just do not let them trespass you.

If you are asked to leave, YOU MUST, just leave. Period. Full stop.

If you are not asked to leave and they call the police you have not broken any law, just ask to be allowed to leave.

If they try to trespass you without asking you to leave they have no case and you should plead to leave.

DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING WITHOUT FIRST CONSULTING A LAWYER.

IANAL

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    What about Meijer? What is their position on 2A?

They are thinking this over. I just emailed urging them to allow legal carry and to keep selling ammo.

Informed them they got our business for the first time Sunday and why.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    I said earlier we should do a focused boycott for 2 - 3 months to let them know our dissatisfaction; however, would it really take that long? I am not good at organizing but what if we could organize a "nation-wide" boycott that lasted a week? All of us could most likely refrain from going to CVS, Wally's, Target and such....for a week? If hundred thousand plus people held back they money for a week, I think they would get the point. We want to get the message out there that we are serious about keeping our legal rights endnote having them removed because crime cannot be controlled. The added message would be how are "they"going to keep us safe inter store? Think about it. They signal the world they do not allow carry and expect people to continue shopping there thinking it will be safer without legal carry? What are they doing about it? NADA....

I'm not good at organizing but I think we can all handle a boycott, an email flood to corporate and a phone call. Instead, most just complain, do nothing about it and complain more when it continues.

Who or what is the "head" anyhow do we contact them? It's a start.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I said earlier we should do a focused boycott for 2 - 3 months to let them know our dissatisfaction; however, would it really take that long? I am not good at organizing but what if we could organize a "nation-wide" boycott that lasted a week? All of us could most likely refrain from going to CVS, Wally's, Target and such....for a week? If hundred thousand plus people held back they money for a week, I think they would get the point. We want to get the message out there that we are serious about keeping our legal rights endnote having them removed because crime cannot be controlled. The added message would be how are "they"going to keep us safe inter store? Think about it. They signal the world they do not allow carry and expect people to continue shopping there thinking it will be safer without legal carry? What are they doing about it? NADA....

I'm not good at organizing but I think we can all handle a boycott, an email flood to corporate and a phone call. Instead, most just complain, do nothing about it and complain more when it continues.

Who or what is the "head" anyhow do we contact them? It's a start.

I agree

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    I have Walmart adds showing up in my Facebook feed. They give me the option to hit like or comment. I always comment and tell them why I no longer shop there. I think this has some effect because all my friends see this and sometimes also comment or hit like in support. I am always civil and polite. I just say no thanks and tell them why I am not their customer anymore. Perhaps more of us should do the same. They need to know how many of us are not happy with their new policy. Never underestimate the power of social media.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Social media is driving the decision wal mart has made. Social media should be used to combat it.

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    Idea: Organize a mass open-carry event in walmart. At least 50-100 people walking in in a short amount of time, but not all at the same time. Like over the course of 1 hour. Then just randomly walking around so eventually everyone is in there at once. Rinse and repeat at several walmarts/other stores taking these polices.

Of course, leave if asked and be civil.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Idea: Organize a mass open-carry event in walmart. At least 50-100 people walking in in a short amount of time, but not all at the same time. Like over the course of 1 hour. Then just randomly walking around so eventually everyone is in there at once. Rinse and repeat at several walmarts/other stores taking these polices.

Of course, leave if asked and be civil.

I would not go along with that one; it's like you're looking for a confrontation.

Top Bottom