• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Maybe we can spread the word. November 1 - 7 nationwide ban on Walmart. Tell your friends, put on facebook, post another forums.....spread the word. For 1 week we give our money to Meijer, Aldi.....whomever. Every month we can pick a new focused store and again, show our strength through our dollars.

There needs to be a name for our process. "Weaken the Week" "Silent Shutdown" "Fighting Back" "Our Rights Matter"

We need something that will stick and not fade away. A name for a group that people would be proud of and easily understood.

Who is good at this stuff? We need ya!

A "peaceful" group. Not looking for in your face kinda stuff.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    Maybe we can spread the word. November 1 - 7 nationwide ban on Walmart. Tell your friends, put on facebook, post another forums.....spread the word. For 1 week we give our money to Meijer, Aldi.....whomever. Every month we can pick a new focused store and again, show our strength through our dollars.

There needs to be a name for our process. "Weaken the Week" "Silent Shutdown" "Fighting Back" "Our Rights Matter"

We need something that will stick and not fade away. A name for a group that people would be proud of and easily understood.

The time to stop shopping Walmart is now! Their stockholders will take notice. Walmart has plenty of competition.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    The next terrorist attacks at the stored that caves on OC will be by people in long trench coats that pull their long guns from concealment and begin shooting.

Then Neglected Mommies will be demanding complete bans on carry in stores.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Good, good, good for you for jumping on to this! :rockwoot::patriot:

That said, I think it's just way simpler to just NOT spend our money with companies that promote this anti-gun agenda. I'll be right with you on your dates or whatever because I won't be spending any money with them at all.

Why would we, as gun owners, support such a company at all?

:ingo:

Last edited:

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Good, good, good for you for jumping on to this! :rockwoot::patriot:

That said, I think it's just way simpler to just NOT spend our money with companies that promote this anti-gun agenda. I'll be right with you on your dates or whatever because I won't be spending any money with them at all.

Why would we, as gun owners, support such a company at all?

:ingo:

While I agree with you, it's not really possible for everyone to do just that; but it is easier to stop shopping for a week. It was just a thought.....my soapbox opinion.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    While I agree with you, it's not really possible for everyone to do just that; but it is easier to stop shopping for a week. It was just a thought.....my soapbox opinion.

Sure it is possible. It's just a matter of education to gun owners. Teach them that their money supporting anti-gun supporting companies will come back to bite all of our rights.

The efforts by the anti-gunners and these companies who support them is just the beginning to make companies afraid of being chastised on twitter/facebook and the like by anti-gun groups.

Think the anti-gunners won't do it again, especially after this victory? Think their efforts will be intensified and spread to other groups and individuals that are even better at online intimidation?

Do we not remember the "parkland kids" and their anti-gun handlers? How they ruled the news cycle for a few weeks, until the real story started to get out?

If we, as gun owners, continue to do business as normal, we will be allowing this win for the anti-gunners to become the norm...

--------------------------------
    Then again, I'm rooting for your good intentions. :rockwoot:

If you want to try to start a boycott campaign for the pro-2A folks who are on our side, yet not really gun people or gun owners, have at it. I would suggest hitting the anti-gun companies where they eat. Time your boycott around Black Friday.

You need to find a way to market online, better than the anti-gunners have. Put your rally stuff where it will make it into the news cycle from various angles. NRA, GOA, Colion Nior, Rogan, Prager, Christiansen, Relford, Katz, all of them.

Last edited:

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    XgUJczF.jpg

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    Sure it is possible. It's just a matter of education to gun owners. Teach them that their money supporting anti-gun supporting companies will come back to bite all of our rights.

The efforts by the anti-gunners and these companies who support them is just the beginning to make companies afraid of being chastised on twitter/facebook and the like by anti-gun groups.

Think the anti-gunners won't do it again, especially after this victory? Think their efforts will be intensified and spread to other groups and individuals that are even better at online intimidation?

Do we not remember the "parkland kids" and their anti-gun handlers? How they ruled the news cycle for a few weeks, until the real story started to get out?

If we, as gun owners, continue to do business as normal, we will be allowing this win for the anti-gunners to become the norm...

--------------------------------
    Then again, I'm rooting for your good intentions. :rockwoot:

If you want to try to start a boycott campaign for the pro-2A folks who are on our side, yet not really gun people or gun owners, have at it. I would suggest hitting the anti-gun companies where they eat. Time your boycott around Black Friday.

You need to find a way to market online, better than the anti-gunners have. Put your rally stuff where it will make it into the news cycle from various angles. NRA, GOA, Colion Nior, Rogan, Prager, Christiansen, Relford, Katz, all of them.

I bought my weeks worth of groceries at Meijer today for the first time. I've been shopping Walmart for well over 25 years and I have been eating Kroger groceries for well over 50 years. I have driven right past Meijer to go to both for years. I did not open carry today as my pants had deep enough pockets to accommodate my holstered 1911. I was pleasantly surprised at how much better shopping experience I had and wonder why I did not make the switch long ago. I am an old dog set in his ways, but I can change when I put my mind to it. I don't see any reason to ever go back to Walmart or Kroger. I don't recall there ever being a mass shooting at Meijer either.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    I second that. It was not until I moved to Indiana that I enjoyed shopping at Meijer. You need to sign up for the "mPerks" and start saving.

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    Meijer has made a decision. They are "requesting" that we not open carry. For those who believe open carry is not really a loss for our side, what are you going to do when Moms Demand Action pushes these same businesses to ban conceal carry? You can't really claim that it is not discriminatory to restrict open carry but it is to restrict conceal carry, can you? I am already noticing the antigun liberals claiming on Twitter that Meijer, as a private business, has a right to restrict carry on their property. My response? So, a private business can restrict one civil right but can't on another? Case in point, Christian baker in Colorado forced to bake a cake for a same-sex couple wanting to get married.

https://www.wthr.com/article/meijer-asks-customers-not-openly-carry-guns-stores

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    Meijer has made a decision. They are "requesting" that we not open carry. For those who believe open carry is not really a loss for our side, what are you going to do when Moms Demand Action pushes these same businesses to ban conceal carry? You can't really claim that it is not discriminatory to restrict open carry but it is to restrict conceal carry, can you? I am already noticing the antigun liberals claiming on Twitter that Meijer, as a private business, has a right to restrict carry on their property. My response? So, a private business can restrict one civil right but can't on another? Case in point, Christian baker in Colorado forced to bake a cake for a same-sex couple wanting to get married.

https://www.wthr.com/article/meijer-asks-customers-not-openly-carry-guns-stores

Well crap! Where to buy groceries in Greenwood?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Where is the Anti-CC petition? I need to sign it. Need to support the CC crowd the same as they support the OC crowd.

Seriously. We gun owners are our own worst enemy. No need for Mad Moms. There are enough gun-butters around to do the job for them. Either we stand together, or we fall together, and right now, we are falling.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Where is the Anti-CC petition? I need to sign it. Need to support the CC crowd the same as they support the OC crowd.

Seriously. We gun owners are our own worst enemy. No need for Mad Moms. There are enough gun-butters around to do the job for them. Either we stand together, or we fall together, and right now, we are falling.

I'm curious as to where these "gun-butters" are. I haven't seen any INGOer say, "It's about time Kroger get some common sense!" (could be because JeepHammer is currently banned)

I'm kinda pragmatic about this stuff.

My bank has a sign - "Remove all hats". Not once have I removed my trilby, ascot, or fedora; and not once have I been asked to. The truth is, I don't fit the stereotype of a troublemaker. I expect the same if I'm OC in one of these stores.

I don't think I'm the enemy if I think that a store manger should have a talk with the guy OC'ing a floppy Uncle Mikes with a Yeet Cannon and looks like three day long from showering.

Do I approve of these corporate policies? No.

However, I learned on INGO that businesses have a right to choose, and since a couple of "2A auditers" have been asshats, I understand why they'd put these policies in place. You know, we are our own worst enemy, right?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    For those who believe open carry is not really a loss for our side, what are you going to do when Moms Demand Action pushes these same businesses to ban conceal carry?

Um, continue to CC, just like every time I go to the movies (incl. walking right past that cop in the lobby). :dunno:

This ain't OH or TX.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    I think this is all a distraction. If I see a sign that says no open carry, I think I will just put my pistol in my pocket as safely as possible and leave my holster and spare mag out for all to see. That should make them feel better. What might a “No OC” sign look like anyway? I agree with previous post in that we should OC as normal until it is normal.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    CULTURE DRIVES POLITICS AND POLITICS CONTROL YOUR LIFE. THESE PEOPLE ARE RE-SHAPING OUR CULTURE TO MATCH THEIR OWN PREFERENCES, WHICH WILL INEVITABLY LEAD TO NEW LAWS THAT INFRINGE ON YOUR LIBERTY.

Top Bottom