• ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Here's a politician literally blaming the victim.

Still trying to verify if this is 100% real

D1r0KX3X0AAWviI.jpg:small

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...ue-shooting-australian-senator-blames-terror/

It's real, but the guy is a total wingnut douchebag who, amazingly, got elected with only 19 direct votes. He is a very explicit white supremacist.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    The real thing isn't like the movies. As "normal" people see videos like this maybe you can start to see why a lot of combat veterans come back and want to be prepared, even though they are mocked. Real gunfights are brutal, fast, unforgiving, not scripted. This was a terrorist picking off innocent civilians because they had no way to defend themselves. The evil is in the world. The maniacs and terrorists are on ALL sides. Everyone should have a way to defend themselves against this kind of terror.
    This kind of violence is coming to a town near you im sure of it. The violence in the world is heating up. Be ready. Get trained. Simply having a gun is not enough, you will die without training.
    Im staying focused on America. Sure its sad when innocent people are killed, but i will not let some terrorist from another country affect mine.

Coming to the nearest "gun free zone" at least.

As always it happens where people can't legally own/carry guns.

As always tough gun laws don't prevent the bad guys from getting acess to guns.

In most countries outside of the United States the entire country is the "gun free zone", in the US you still have many states or cities where you can't carry (or where you can't carry hollow points, can't carry full size mags, can't own an AR-15 etc).
    Sometimes even with more restrictions than in foreign countries.

Terrorists and other crazy folks still have many targets with unarmed civilians (schools, bars where it's illegal to carry like in Florida, hospitals etc) in the US before they need to come to your average town where everybody could be packing heat.

The "shall not be infringed" part of the 2A should apply to every square inch of American soil.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Never mind I was wrong about the politician , trying to give the benefit of the doubt since I kinda suspect 4-chan is somehow involved at this point

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Looking at several different mainstream articles about the shooting and no one is saying why only 7 people killed at the second mosque. If it's true that an armed person at the second mosque chased off the shooter, while the telos is understandable, it is absolutely unethical and immoral not to mention that.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Looking at several different mainstream articles about the shooting and no one is saying why only 7 people killed at the second mosque. If it's true that an armed person at the second mosque chased off the shooter, while the telos is understandable, it is absolutely unethical and immoral not to mention that.
    You know you'll never hear that on any of the alphabet channels. I agree with you.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Just read that the shooter brought in Fortnight as his "training." IF that's even true, then why didn't he parachute into the area.

Regardless, he certainly did bring in all the possible angles to this.

Agreed that the armed defense of the 2nd mosque needs to be pointed out at every opportunity. It provides and immediate, stark contrast. At least in that situations, 6x more people were killed in the absence of an armed civilian.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Just read that the shooter brought in Fortnight as his "training." IF that's even true, then why didn't he parachute into the area.

Agreed that the armed defense of the 2nd mosque needs to be pointed out at every opportunity. It provides and immediate, stark contrast. At least in that situations, 6x more people were killed in the absence of an armed civilian.

On the armed civilian, I really want to believe it's true, but I'd like to get some confirmation.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

Don't forget Spyro. He was radicalized by Spyro.

That's why you know everything he said was nonsense. He knew exactly how to sarcastically push the right buttons, and media outlets are actually doing what he wants.

Hundreds of aspects to this... they report on the fake parts (influences, trolling), and ignore the real parts (the DGU)

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Here's a politician literally blaming the victim.

Still trying to verify if this is 100% real

D1r0KX3X0AAWviI.jpg:small

My thoughts were simply golly gee whiz why did it take so long!
    The answer of course is that nice people in cultures based on Christian values are generally slow to start fighting back. When they do get their backs up you'd best find another place to anger people but until then you'll think you're just the cats meow. So is this the good people finally getting their backs up? Probably not. But stay tuned for more to come.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    On the armed civilian, I really want to believe it's true, but I'd like to get some confirmation.

Yeah, nothing direct on a DGU yet (well, I'm not counting some less-than-credibly UK reporting), but this is informative, IMHO.

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new...ror-attacks-man-charged-murder?variant=tb_v_1

Key points: Police confirm there are 49 people dead in the attack, 41 people were killed in the Deans Ave mosque, with seven killed at the Linwood mosque.

That suggests that the math corroborates the DGU. Something got the guy to stop shooting at the 2d mosque.

ETA:
    IMHO reputable reporting.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/armed-man-chased-fired-on-new-zealand-mosque-shooter/

One armed congregant pursued the gunmen who opened fire during Friday prayer at his mosque in the New Zealand city of Christchurch, firing two shots at them as they sped away, the New Zealand Herald reported.

Referring to this article:
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12213039
    One Friday prayer goer returned fire with a rifle or shotgun.
    Witnesses said they heard multiple gunshots around 1.45pm.
    A well known Muslim local chased the shooters and fired two shots at them as they sped off.
    He was heard telling police officers he was firing in "self defence".
    "They were in a silver Subaru," he told police.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    That's why you know everything he said was nonsense. He knew exactly how to sarcastically push the right buttons, and media outlets are actually doing what he wants.

Exactly. Everything he's saying is obvious horse ****, and the media is eating it up because he knows how laughable easy it is to confirm all their biases and push all their buttons. Nothing he says about his motive should be taken seriously or repeated.

Unfortunately because they took him alive, he'll be able to spend the rest of his life throwing this red meat to a ravenous audience. Should have been "shot while trying to escape", preferably multiple times in the back of the head.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    :scratch:

Yeah, no. This will be old news in a week.

I think it depends on the group.

For pro-gun groups, yeah, if the DGU pans out... this'll die out in the US. Might still have some staying power in NZ.

For Trump groups, it'll probably be dug at a little for a couple months... the whole "white supremacy" nonsense he said. The anti-Muslim stuff probably has some longevity to it.

For gaming/internet culture groups, it'll stick around. Culture journalists have far fewer morals than mainstream outlets... they'll hold onto this stuff for as long as they can to use as ammo against wrongthinkers. 8chan will probably get more heat. Vice is blaming "violent games", I think even WSJ named PewDiePie specifically in a headline.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yeah, nothing direct on a DGU yet (well, I'm not counting some less-than-credibly UK reporting), but this is informative, IMHO.

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new...ror-attacks-man-charged-murder?variant=tb_v_1

That suggests that the math corroborates the DGU. Something got the guy to stop shooting at the 2d mosque.

ETA:
    IMHO reputable reporting.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/armed-man-chased-fired-on-new-zealand-mosque-shooter/

Referring to this article:
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12213039

May not be a DGU. https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8641840/new-zealand-mosque-shooting-christchurch-video/

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So, how is that not a DGU?

Not in the way we typically think of it, an armed citizen who meets force with force. This was a young man who tackled the gunman, wrestled his gun away, and then chased him with it. I think it's a great example of why citizens should be armed. It's an example of whoever has control of the gun last typically wins. It's useful for an example against an anti-gun narrative. It's also a useful comparison between cowering in place and fighting back. 42-7 is a stark contrast. However, it's a different discussion than if the citizen were armed. So the discussion isn't exactly a good guy with a gun stopping a bad guy with a gun. It's a good guy with guts taking away the gun from the bad guy. And technically, yes, a DGU because the guy with the gun in the end, stopped the shooting.

Top Bottom