• ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Too late.
    It appears that they indeed have the upper hand in their destructive goal that is resulting in a tearing down of a civil society. Yet they keep the pedal to the metal toward the abyss.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Because I'm not 100% sure why 9/11 keeps getting brought up... some perspective:

New Zealand is a small country. There were only 35 murders last year, meaning the shooting last night took more lives in minutes than all of 2018.

What happened in Christchurch was like five 9/11s for New Zealand
    Well inviting those people to live there they will one day have higher numbers sadly.
    9/11 is being brought up because the muslims kill everyone who doesnt obey their religious/terrorists laws including their own wives and daughters.
    Look at the UK, hell look at michigan. I hope we keep it from spreading in indiana. Obviously i am NOT advocating killing innocent people.
    You just wanted someone to say it like Kut does sometimes. There. I said it.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Well inviting those people to live there they will one day have higher numbers sadly.
    9/11 is being brought up because the muslims kill everyone who dont obey their religious/terrorists laws including their own wives and daughters.
    You just wanted someone to say it like Kut does sometimes. There. I said it.

No, I honestly wasn't thinking anything about them being Muslim with any of this. It's just an odd connection to make.

But now I see some are viewing it from an immigration angle.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Shooter: "Hey, here's a list of all the things I want people to fight about."

Idiots: "Yes sir!"
    Useful pawns taking premeditated orders from a lunatic. Lunatic succeeds in campaign with intended target audience.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    No, I honestly wasn't thinking anything about them being Muslim with any of this. It's just an odd connection to make.

But now I see some are viewing it from an immigration angle.
    I view shooting up a mosque the same way i would a church or a walmart. My only concern is the killing of innocent people. It doesnt put an exclamation point on it or make it any more evil that it was done in a place of worship for me at least. Evil is evil and murder is murder. This man or men were evil cowards. Terrorists. (honestly haven't followed the story other than in this thread).
    These people didn't deserve this. No matter what my beef is with their life choices, i dont believe in killing innocent people.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Brady group is fundraising off of the NZ attack today.

D1t0_LaXQAQC8dp.jpg:small

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The immigration angle is really odd.

The shooter was not from New Zealand. He was Australian.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The immigration angle is really odd.

The shooter was not from New Zealand. He was Australian.

Right. I mean, if the shooter(s) were Islamic terrorists... then I guess I could see some sort of immigration conversation.

But the victims were Muslim. I don't think them being in NZ meant they were asking for it. Or how 9/11 means much, at all, to the killing of Muslims in New Zealand.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I think this guy just had the lunatic angle. Maybe he hates the U.S. since he obviously wanted to start problems here from his cowardice acts over there.
    This should have made 10 minutes of news in the U.S. and next story

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...ought-back-against-new-zealand-mosque-shooter

A bit more detail on how he was confronted at each mosque. Looks like he was tackled at the first one, but the defender was killed. This did apparently enable one person to escape the prayer room.

Then the second mosque, he was tackled by one person that obtained his gun, but didn't know how to fire it. Then he was shot at by another person.

(I'm saying "he", but the article says 'simultaneous attack'. Was it one of the other people involved?)

During a separate but nearly simultaneous attack on the Linwood mosque, which led to 8 deaths, the New Zealand Herald reported on at least one instance of a man successfully fighting back against and chasing away the shooters. “A man from inside the mosque then tried to tackle the gunman," the Herald wrote.

The paper reported that Syed Mazharuddin, a survivor of the shooting, “revealed how his friend risked his life to tackle the gunman and wrestle away the weapon.”

“The young guy who usually takes care of the mosque … he saw an opportunity and pounced on [the gunman] and took his gun," Mazharuddin said. "The hero tried to chase and he couldn't find the trigger in the gun ... he ran behind him but there were people waiting for him in the car and he fled.”

“One Friday prayer goer returned fire with a rifle or shotgun," the Herald reported. "A well-known Muslim local chased the shooters and fired two shots at them as they sped off. He was heard telling police officers he was firing in ‘self-defense.’”

Obviously, reporting is still fresh, it could be fuzzy.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Oh right, has there been any clarification as to how many shooters there actually were? I tend to be dismissive of the early reports of multiple shooters because of all the confusion involved. Seems like most of the time, there's only one.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    From Route 45's cite

“What I did was basically waiting and praying, God please, let this guy run out of bullets,” he said to BBC.

This is apparently the only choice the 'stop gun violence' crowd believes we should have

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm heartened that the president made a statement concerning this tragedy. I wasn't sure he would.

Top Bottom