• d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Public trial on TV with an announcer speaking in Arabaic or whatever most of these guys speak. One who had his daughter raped and killed by ISIS. I know... how are you going to narrow down the list of candidates for the position? :xmad:

Broadcast it for the whole world to see. Then shoot him in the courtroom when it's over.

Im down with that!

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I wonder if he knows he didn't kill any Americans.
    Another interesting thing, from a comment earlier in this thread (that I assume has been corrected), is that the terrorist did not use guns. Unless anyone could possible believe that he simply did not want them, then that plays well into the hands of the left. When one compares the tools used in Vegas vs NYC, it's completely fair for the left to point out the respective body counts. Not saying I agree (I certainly don't), but one certainly acknowledge that it os probable that the difficulty in obtaining a firearm in NYC probably saved lives.

twisted... How’d that work out on 9/11? An airplane killed a lot more people than a gun could have.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I'd hope 100% of the people in this thread can understand how disruptive that sort of tweeting is to the justice process.

trump is the chief executive. The justice department will prosecute him and set the charges and reports to Trump. Trump is essentially the district attorney. Am I wrong?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    trump is the chief executive. The justice department will prosecute him and set the charges and reports to Trump. Trump is essentially the district attorney. Am I wrong?

He needs to shut up and allow the justice system to work. He's jeopardizing a federal prosecution against a terrorist, even tainting juries (that have yet to be selected).

We all know the guy should get the death penalty... but when The President says it, it makes it harder for the DOJ to make that happen. By weighing in like this, the ****wit may have just assured there is no death penalty.

But seriously, **** this ****, this is the Break Room, I'm not doing politics.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I wonder if he knows he didn't kill any Americans.
    Another interesting thing, from a comment earlier in this thread (that I assume has been corrected), is that the terrorist did not use guns. Unless anyone could possible believe that he simply did not want them, then that plays well into the hands of the left. When one compares the tools used in Vegas vs NYC, it's completely fair for the left to point out the respective body counts. Not saying I agree (I certainly don't), but one certainly acknowledge that it os probable that the difficulty in obtaining a firearm in NYC probably saved lives.

I've seen someone online who was comparing attacks with guns in the US to attacks with trucks (mainly in Europe).
    As a way to show that gun-control was a good thing and that attacks with guns killed more people than attacks with trucks.

For some reason that list of truck attacks didn't include the 2016 attack of Nice, France.
    Where 86 people were killed and over 400 wounded.
    No gun attack had that many dead and wounded, not even the one one in Las Vegas where dozens of guns were used.

Those people (anti gun people) are very dishonest and they left out the one attack that clearly shows guns are not more deadly when used in terrorist attacks.

They also don't mention that guns are still used illegal in countries where there's more gun control.
    Just like the 2015 Paris attacks.Terrorists used full-auto AKs that are illegal to own yet they are still not that hard to get if you know the right (or wrong) people.

No having guns don't make terrorist attacks deadlier.
    And keeping the general public from owning guns doesn't keep terrorist from using them.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    He needs to shut up and allow the justice system to work. He's jeopardizing a federal prosecution against a terrorist, even tainting juries (that have yet to be selected).

We all know the guy should get the death penalty... but when The President says it, it makes it harder for the DOJ to make that happen. By weighing in like this, the ****wit may have just assured there is no death penalty.

But seriously, **** this ****, this is the Break Room, I'm not doing politics.

trump got 4.1% of the votes in DC, where Mueller has grand jury. So glad we're getting untainted juries :rofl:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I've seen someone online who was comparing attacks with guns in the US to attacks with trucks (mainly in Europe).
    As a way to show that gun-control was a good thing and that attacks with guns killed more people than attacks with trucks.

For some reason that list of truck attacks didn't include the 2016 attack of Nice, France.
    Where 86 people were killed and over 400 wounded.
    No gun attack had that many dead and wounded, not even the one one in Las Vegas where dozens of guns were used.

Those people (anti gun people) are very dishonest and they left out the one attack that clearly shows guns are not more deadly when used in terrorist attacks.

They also don't mention that guns are still used illegal in countries where there's more gun control.
    Just like the 2015 Paris attacks.Terrorists used full-auto AKs that are illegal to own yet they are still not that hard to get if you know the right (or wrong) people.

No having guns don't make terrorist attacks deadlier.
    And keeping the general public from owning guns doesn't keep terrorist from using them.

Less that two weeks ago a truck bomb in Mogadishu killed more than 300 people and wounded another 200+.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/oct/15/truck-bomb-mogadishu-kills-people-somalia

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    uh... which branch is the department of justice in then? I always assumed it was the executive :dunno:

Despite the similarities in the names. The Department of Justice, which enforces laws, is not the Judicial Branch which hands down sentences (like the death penalty) when it (the Judicial branch, not the Justice Department) determines the law has been violated. To break it down to a local govt: President = Mayor, Justice Department = Cops, Judicial Branch = Courts. I would hope that most mayors would understand that they don't have the ability to tell the courts how they should rule, or what sentences to be handed down.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    look like in NY you can only get a hunting rifle if you have a hunting license, no other guns

That's probably true of US citizens too though.

I know in free states legal residents (green card holders) can buy the same stuff US citizens can.Not sure if it's different for NFA stuff.
    You can even buy guns if you're a foreigner with no green card it you take part in some international shooting event I think.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Despite the similarities in the names. The Department of Justice, which enforces laws, is not the Judicial Branch which hands down sentences (like the death penalty) when it (the Judicial branch, not the Justice Department) determines the law has been violated. To break it down to a local govt: President = Mayor, Justice Department = Cops, Judicial Branch = Courts. I would hope that most mayors would understand that they don't have the ability to tell the courts how they should rule, or what sentences to be handed down.

I was being snarky (per usual). The DA can say he wants the death penalty. Trump is the DA. Executive branch investigates and prosecutes, right? federal != local

AG Reports to Trump. Surely one of these divisions will be the one prosecuting our Uzbekian comrade. My money's on the "office of dispute resolution". It would not be fair for the judicial branch to prosecute people in its own courts, would it?

But, I admit I'm probably arguing just to argue. Time for bed :cheers:

dojorg.gif

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    They are already saying it was good he didn't have any guns.

In addition to the above vehicle attacks listed.... MANY trucks in Iraq. It wasn't here, but not sure how that would make a difference.
    Another in Beirut.

Of course, they had explosives.
    Pretty sure someone wanting to kill people could load the truck up with something.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    They are already saying it was good he didn't have any guns.

In addition to the above vehicle attacks listed.... MANY trucks in Iraq. It wasn't here, but not sure how that would make a difference.
    Another in Beirut.

Of course, they had explosives.
    Pretty sure someone wanting to kill people could load the truck up with something.

There was attacks with small trucks just loaded with heavy stuff on the back to kill more people, not just explosives.

I can't remember which attack it was (maybe one in France) but I think the cops said the guy tried to rent a larger/heavier truck but couldn't without the proper licence so he decided to load the cargo with heavy stuff.

They are very low tech attacks and it's what ISIS is pushing now.
    No need to learn how to make explosives and potentially kill yourself trying.Just rent a big truck and load it with scrap steel.

Top Bottom