• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Tell that to the patriarchate and the Christian theological centers that have been shuttered by the Turks.

I'm sure you understand that Turkey isn't the first, nor only, Western country that shut down churches.

Millions more dead folks from both sides would disagree with your assertion . # crusadesfakenews

Millions of dead folks who were shot to death probably favor gun control.

This community in particular might want to think twice about the risks of attributing violent/homicidal characteristics held by the most vile members of their community to the larger community.

They are already saying it was good he didn't have any guns.
    In this case, I think it is an objectively good thing that this guy sucked at logistics. If he had done a "better" job and obtained real guns, it would've been worse.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Please reopst your original objection to this, I can not find it.

Obama: Police who arrested professor 'acted stupidly' - CNN.com

Obama: Police who arrested professor 'acted stupidly'

I guess, I can only use the most obvious logic. The series of events that led to the Beer Summit occurred on July of 2009. I joined INGO January of 2011. So I could not have originally responded to it. But given that the Gates episode has been repeated often on this site, I present this:

The Gates/Police instance, Obama should have shut up. The initial statement concerning Martin/Zimmerman, he should have shut up.

It is from this thread: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...obama-issues-statement-zimmerman-verdict.html
    The post #11.

I would still like to stress that posts should be about subject matter and content, and not individual members. The latter, from time to time, backfires.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Actually, had he waited an hour the path would have been ten times more crowded. That is according to what I have read.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Again, logistics appears to have been this guy's blind spot.

I'm reading that he'd been planning it for some amount of time. I remain skeptical of that.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    It is interesting that the early reports said that the hero school bus driver saw what was going on and turned his bus in front of the driver. Now, the reports state that the terrorist deliberately t-boned the school bus. Do you think the fact that children on the bus were injured, had anything to do with the story changing?

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    It is interesting that the early reports said that the hero school bus driver saw what was going on and turned his bus in front of the driver. Now, the reports state that the terrorist deliberately t-boned the school bus. Do you think the fact that children on the bus were injured, had anything to do with the story changing?

Probably. I know if I found out the bus my kid was on swerved in front of a truck deliberately, I would be a very angry parent. I wouldn't care if he was trying to stop a killer or not, you don't use a bus full of kids to do it.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Probably. I know if I found out the bus my kid was on swerved in front of a truck deliberately, I would be a very angry parent. I wouldn't care if he was trying to stop a killer or not, you don't use a bus full of kids to do it.
    Yeah, but I doubt you could find a lawyer in NYC to take such a case...

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Particularly after a stressful situation, witnesses can ascribe motivations to people that are disconnected from the actual motivations.

I suspect that the witnesses saw a bus pull forward as the truck was coming down the bike path, so they ascribed some intentionality to the act. In reality, the bus was probably just pulling forward with traffic, not expecting a truck to be coming down a bike path.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I'm sure you understand that Turkey isn't the first, nor only, Western country that shut down churches.

I should have been more clear.

Theological centers are not churches and shutting down a patriarch isnt either . It's more akin to shutting down the Vatican and the pontificate schools.

It's also actively occurring.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I should have been more clear.

Theological centers are not churches and shutting down a patriarch isnt either . It's more akin to shutting down the Vatican and the pontificate schools.

It's also actively occurring.

Let me also be clear: it is wrong to do such things. This is not a defense of Turkey for doing it.

Rather, that alone ought not distinguish Turkey as "incompatible with Western values" when other "western" nations in Europe have engaged in religious oppression of varying degrees, including the closure and imposition of legal limitations on churches.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Administration will not classify him as an enemy combatant.

Graham ain't happy about it.

DNlV6hUVAAEZV6j.jpg:small

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Wait.

All that tough talk during the campaign might not actually develop into adopted policy or effective action?

In. Con. Ceivable.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    So, if a guy who never joined the Marines, buys a uniform, says he's a Marine and on his own goes somewhere and attacks some people he figures the U.S. would want him to attack, he's treated as an enemy combatant by wherever he did that, right?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Let me also be clear: it is wrong to do such things. This is not a defense of Turkey for doing it.

Rather, that alone ought not distinguish Turkey as "incompatible with Western values" when other "western" nations in Europe have engaged in religious oppression of varying degrees, including the closure and imposition of legal limitations on churches.

I didn't take it as a defense. I am more curious about what western countries are active participants at a similar level to what is taking place in Turkey today not in a historical perspective.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    I

Millions of dead folks who were shot to death probably favor gun control.

This community in particular might want to think twice about the risks of attributing violent/homicidal characteristics held by the most vile members of their community to the larger community.

I hear ya on that BUT being at war / having violent conflict with that community in particular is a problem with a long history .
    Admittedly my history-fu is weak but I don't recall stories of conflicts where western cultures have clashed with other cultures as much / as long , as they have with islam .

BrettonJudy7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    GREENFIELD
    From what I have heard so far, only one shot. That was the perpetrator who was shot in the stomach by police. CNN miss-reported what was happening. Maybe on purpose? CNN headline had read there was an active gunman.

The perpetrator did not have a firearm with him. He had a paintball gun. So far 8 have been killed and there have been 20 injured. The perpetrator ran a truck down a bike path and hit anyone his way.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    So, if a guy who never joined the Marines, buys a uniform, says he's a Marine and on his own goes somewhere and attacks some people he figures the U.S. would want him to attack, he's treated as an enemy combatant by wherever he did that, right?
    You can bet he won't be treated as well as as the U.S. will treat them .

Top Bottom