• ...and so much more!
  • Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Just throwing this in here...Walther PP in 7.65 Browning.

manurhin_walther_pp_by_plutonius-d5o13e6.jpg

Mine is a police buy back from the Nord Westphalian FRG department made in 1962 and imported by Interarms. I replaced the plastic grips with some sweet walnut slabs. (That's a stock photo as apparently the ones of my actual pistol are too large to inbed and I currently don't have the time to make it work.)

But anyway...for your 7.65 Browning addiction...:stickpoke:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

View attachment 81724

Mine is a police buy back from the Nord Westphalian FRG department made in 1962 and imported by Interarms. I replaced the plastic grips with some sweet walnut slabs. (That's a stock photo as apparently the ones of my actual pistol are too large to inbed and I currently don't have the time to make it work.)

Thanks for sharing: simply a stunning display of an old model of a classic model.
    Impressive! :thumbsup:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

View attachment 81724

That's on my "some day" list for sure. Beautiful pistols!

steif

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    dszHkId.jpg

MQMNhJf.jpg

Here are 2 of mine..
    My H&R is kinda interesting with a serial of S191, the only place a S prefix is mentioned is in the book World wide Webleys, saying H&R took a contract for 1000 pistols to go to the siamese police. these are prefixed by a S. I have only seen 2 or 3 with the prefix, and one of those has the old writing like the siamese mausers.
    The only picture I have of the savage as I just won it today at an auction, and gave waaaay too much for it, but I like it, so I guess it was reasonable.. lol I believe the serial is within 9,000 of the end of production, and it looks like it is 99.9% condition, complete with an extra magazine.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    dszHkId.jpg

MQMNhJf.jpg

Here are 2 of mine..
    My H&R is kinda interesting with a serial of S191, the only place a S prefix is mentioned is in the book World wide Webleys, saying H&R took a contract for 1000 pistols to go to the siamese police. these are prefixed by a S. I have only seen 2 or 3 with the prefix, and one of those has the old writing like the siamese mausers.
    The only picture I have of the savage as I just won it today at an auction, and gave waaaay too much for it, but I like it, so I guess it was reasonable.. lol I believe the serial is within 9,000 of the end of production, and it looks like it is 99.9% condition, complete with an extra magazine.

Very cool story about the H&R! And I've been keeping an eye out for a Savage. That's another one that's on "the list". :)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Got my eye on another .32 on GB right now - CZ-27. Hope it stays reasonable. I probably should wait until the auction ends before I start having adult beverages. :):

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The original Colt 1903 magazines can require a 2nd mortgage.

I won my GB auction for the CZ-27 and found a repro mag on ebay for 40 bucks. But I saw originals well up into the 3 figure range. :faint: I really couldn't care less if it's original as long as it works as it should.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Ooh, a 1922... another one on my "list". What is that on the muzzle? Compensator, or just a muzzle cap or?
    I never really knew. It does not seem to be a compensator. There is a little lever on the bottom. I have never shot it or took that off. Just been in storage since I got it after Dad died.
    I have seen them on several others so it seems common.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Ooh, a 1922... another one on my "list". What is that on the muzzle? Compensator, or just a muzzle cap or?

I never really knew. It does not seem to be a compensator. There is a little lever on the bottom. I have never shot it or took that off. Just been in storage since I got it after Dad died.
    I have seen them on several others so it seems common.

It's an end cap that holds the recoil spring in. The little tab is a release for it. Push tab forward, then twist the cap. The finish is all worn off for some reason (replacement?), it should have matching blueing with the rest of the gun.

I have one made under German Occupation and it's a reliable shooter. Expat, you should take yours out for some exercise!

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    https://www.americanrifleman.org/ar...e-this-old-gun-fn-browning-model-1922-pistol/
    One of the comments says, they added those caps on just to lengthen the barrel.

The commenter is a bit confused.

From the article:
    "It was a sleek, modern-looking blowback, marrying Browning’s earlier striker-fired mechanism to an arrangement in which the recoil spring surrounded the barrel. A slotted extension at the front of the slide secured the assembly, and a small serrated catch allowed for fieldstripping."

Yes, the end cap was made differently for the 1922 and the barrel was lengthened at the same. If you've taken down a 1910, 1910/55, or 1910/71 the 1922 is MUCH easier because of the redesign of the cap. I suspect this was part of the redesign efforts for the Yugoslavian military. Ease of fieldstripping is a valid concern for any military arm.

ETA: I have a 1910/71 (in 380) and my 1922 is WAY easier to take down. The 1910/71 isn't super difficult, it's just that the 1922 is SUPER easy.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Thanks Expat and Aaron! I'd never heard about that end cap. Maybe it's because the guns I've seen had the extension blued to match the rest of the gun, so I just didn't notice it. Indiucky has a .380 (1922) in his shop, but I'm holding out for a .32.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    man dd there you go again, you jump into the cz-27 market and pull out one of the good ones...perhaps one of the most produced 7.65 cal in the world and you grab one of the pre-war models.. geez your fanaticism for excellence in unwavering..

You know that is close to one of the last prewar cz-27s made before the German occupation..

Last edited:
    Top Bottom