• Status
    Not open for further replies.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I don't see how it could bring you any trouble if an aggressive dog closed to a distance within arm's reach before you defended yourself.

Be a fools errand to prosecute someone using lethal force to protect themselves against a dog attack. LS proved that even a warning shot in the city limits is acceptable in a dog attack situation in the city limits, even Carmel city limits.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

dude-wheres-my-car_o_174511.jpg

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So glad to see all the pitbull owners quickly defend their lovely dog breed.

Wonder how many small children will have to be attacked or killed before "they" see the light...

Any animal crosses the street to attack my cowdog and I will drop it.

First, how bad does it bother you that you and I agree on this. :D

Second, how bad would it bother you if I launched an impassioned defense of pits? :D

I won't, because IMHO there is something about that breed that makes it more aggressive than most other popular breeds. But, you and I both know I could figure something out. ;)
    I just wish we had the Liberty to fire warning shots at dogs in Carmel. :laugh:

Personally, (thank God I dont live there) I'd have put 3 or 4 JHPs in it. "Officer, It was attacking my dog. I was in fear for my life because I'm sure I'd be next."

So the first 2 or 3 shots would be warnings? :D

Guns can act on their own now?

Have you heard Kirk's story of the 870 at Shootrite? ;)

Mike drop. :)

I believe the court's ruling was actually a thumbs up to warning shots in Carmel!

Not binding precedent, as it wasn't appealed. ;)

And, as I recall, the key was that it was depicted as in defense of others, as kids would be arriving on the school bus soon. It didn't take much.

No and then!

I have no idea what this means.

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    If you take your dog out to potty and while he's out there sniffing around, a crackhead jumps out of the bushes with a sharp stick and goes after the dog. Can you shoot? Asking for a friend.

Yes, and then poke yourself a bit with the stick!

Ron

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Oooh good advice. Especially if I poke myself somewhere close to but not actually on the groin area. "Officer I feared for my junk" As long as it's a male officer, they'll understand.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So the first 2 or 3 shots would be warnings? :D

I have no idea what this means.

First, I dont fire warning shots. Ammo is too expensive. :):

Second, find this in your local walmart $5 bin or rent it for a couple bucks. VERY low brow humor, but some pretty funny stuff. Its worth seeing once, just dont go in with high hopes.

Dude, Where's My Car? (2000) - IMDb

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    OC spray (which can very very easily get blown back upon you and render you/it virtually ineffective)....so get a gel so that it won't disburse as easily as spray.

Aluminum baseball/softball bats can be purchased quite inexpensively at 2nd hand stores.

Question: What kind of dog was it? Because there are a handful of things considered to be "pit bulls" and a whole host of things that are called "pit bulls" that aren't.

We strive to be accurate here in our INGO turf when it comes to terminology and nomenclature - we need to do so when it comes to dogs, too.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    OC spray (which can very very easily get blown back upon you and render you/it virtually ineffective)....so get a gel so that it won't disburse as easily as spray

Once aggressive dog (of any breed) is sufficiently marinaded in pepper gel, skewer and grill over high coals approx 3 minutes per side.

1395358833212.jpg

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    OC spray (which can very very easily get blown back upon you and render you/it virtually ineffective)....so get a gel so that it won't disburse as easily as spray.

Aluminum baseball/softball bats can be purchased quite inexpensively at 2nd hand stores.

Question: What kind of dog was it? Because there are a handful of things considered to be "pit bulls" and a whole host of things that are called "pit bulls" that aren't.

We strive to be accurate here in our INGO turf when it comes to terminology and nomenclature - we need to do so when it comes to dogs, too.

It was apparently a purebred American Pit Bull Terrier , just called the vet to make sure that animal had been put down.

Scout is still basically hiding in the tub licking his bite wound 24 hours later. From now on woth any loose dogs running across the street at me the absolute worst will be assumed and appropriate measured employed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom