• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    A few years ago my child was told to take our mini dachshund for a walk. This was when we had just started to leave him home by himself, and we had left to go grocery shopping. We had gotten a few miles down the road when we got a call from the kid. He was crying. When he got a few doors down two dogs went through the storm door on the front of a house and one of them hit the dachshund. He isn't sure what happened after that, but he was able to pick up Athena (the mini dachshund), and walked away from the dogs. They proceeded to follow and harass him and Athena. He said there was someone following along behind the dogs, but he didn't feel they were going very fast to get the dogs under control.

We had to take Athena in to get stitches, antibiotics and the cone of shame. We also filled out a police report. Athena wasn't the first dog to get attacked by these people's dog.

I don't know if those people still live in that house or not. Now we just exercise the dogs in the back yard.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A few years ago my child was told to take our mini dachshund for a walk. This was when we had just started to leave him home by himself, and we had left to go grocery shopping. We had gotten a few miles down the road when we got a call from the kid. He was crying. When he got a few doors down two dogs went through the storm door on the front of a house and one of them hit the dachshund. He isn't sure what happened after that, but he was able to pick up Athena (the mini dachshund), and walked away from the dogs. They proceeded to follow and harass him and Athena. He said there was someone following along behind the dogs, but he didn't feel they were going very fast to get the dogs under control.

We had to take Athena in to get stitches, antibiotics and the cone of shame. We also filled out a police report. Athena wasn't the first dog to get attacked by these people's dog.

I don't know if those people still live in that house or not. Now we just exercise the dogs in the back yard.

Kids and dogs.....some people need neither.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    That's odd because this morning that seen about them finding out they got tattoos popped in my head for no reason. "Dude!" "Sweet!"

I looked for that meme, but couldnt find one that was publicly accessible. Then I saw the one I posted and chuckled.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Don't worry the [STRIKE]pitbull[/STRIKE] assault rifle owners will be along soon to tell us what great [STRIKE]dogs[/STRIKE] tools they are and how the [STRIKE]infant[/STRIKE] victims of a mass shooting were in the wrong...

Love this line of thinking

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    FAIL. Your argument is as simplistic as anything uttered by Shannon Watts.

One is an inanimate object and one is has a brain and makes decisions on it own.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Don't worry the pitbull owners will be along soon to tell us what great dogs they are and how the infant was in the wrong...

:rolleyes:
    There have been similar cases involving small dogs and babies. I'm guessing these parents that left the baby home alone were less than stellar parents.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    So glad to see all the pitbull owners quickly defend their lovely dog breed.

Wonder how many small children will have to be attacked or killed before "they" see the light...

Any animal crosses the street to attack my cowdog and I will drop it.

Our pit is usually more friendly than our cattle dogs. I love both breeds.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    :rolleyes:
    There have been similar cases involving small dogs and babies. I'm guessing these parents that left the baby home alone were less than stellar parents.

my granddaughter was recently bitten (a very small bite btw) in the face by a dog. parents around, dog owners around. No one saw what happened. Not a pit, not an aggressive breed. feelings on the matter, granddaughter invaded dogs space and he nipped her.

pitbull story, neighbor (#1) across the street had 2 pits, friendly dogs, but don't get in their space without an ok. Another neighbor (#2) had a pit. Said pit got loose, jumped our fence and attacked our dog. You know, "Because it's spring and he just wanted to play with her since she's in heat" Umm "dude, she's fixed, she's not in heat." Neighbor #1 with 2 pits was able to get in the yard and stop the dog before hubby got outside with his gun (he'd been in bed asleep). Neighbor #2 paid for all medical bills and put his dog down.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    my granddaughter was recently bitten (a very small bite btw) in the face by a dog. parents around, dog owners around. No one saw what happened. Not a pit, not an aggressive breed. feelings on the matter, granddaughter invaded dogs space and he nipped her.

pitbull story, neighbor (#1) across the street had 2 pits, friendly dogs, but don't get in their space without an ok. Another neighbor (#2) had a pit. Said pit got loose, jumped our fence and attacked our dog. You know, "Because it's spring and he just wanted to play with her since she's in heat" Umm "dude, she's fixed, she's not in heat." Neighbor #1 with 2 pits was able to get in the yard and stop the dog before hubby got outside with his gun (he'd been in bed asleep). Neighbor #2 paid for all medical bills and put his dog down.

POS in our neighborhood had a couple of dogs, one was a pit. Always outside in this fenced in area with a low, badly installed fence. She got out multiple times, got pregnant. Same thing with the pups, all of them in the fenced-in area. They grew up and jumped the fence one day when i was walking our pit. We held them off until the stupid POS slowly made his way off his porch and got them. I was scared and furious. My pit usually tries to avoid other dogs, but he will defend himself if attacked, and it's happened too many times, thanks to people letting their dogs roam.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    POS in our neighborhood had a couple of dogs, one was a pit. Always outside in this fenced in area with a low, badly installed fence. She got out multiple times, got pregnant. Same thing with the pups, all of them in the fenced-in area. They grew up and jumped the fence one day when i was walking our pit. We held them off until the stupid POS slowly made his way off his porch and got them. I was scared and furious. My pit usually tries to avoid other dogs, but he will defend himself if attacked, and it's happened too many times, thanks to people letting their dogs roam.
    is the breed a more aggressive, violent breed? I tend to believe that. Does that make ALL the dogs in that breed bad dogs? Absolutely not. I've met some that were just pure love and baby. met some that would kill you rather than look at you.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    FAIL. Your argument is as simplistic as anything uttered by Shannon Watts.

One is an inanimate object and one is has a brain and makes decisions on it own.

No, he's right.

Just the other day, I was walking down the sidewalk and my neighbors weren't home, but their AR broke through their screen door and jumped the fence and came after me.

Dang rifle chased me three blocks down the road. The only thing that saved me was the empty magazine.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I was not comparing a rifle to a dog. I was pointing out the difference between logical and emotional responses, sorry if that was lost on some.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    is the breed a more aggressive, violent breed? I tend to believe that. Does that make ALL the dogs in that breed bad dogs? Absolutely not. I've met some that were just pure love and baby. met some that would kill you rather than look at you.
    We talking about pits, or Chihuahuas? Never met a docile Chihuahua. Darned things are plain mean.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom