• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    This really makes me want to get out of my Mustang. Not standing behind your product is BS and I haven't seen much out of them in regards to small issues let alone the big ones.

Once there is a lawsuit no company is going to do anything that might put them in jeopardy.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    My 2017 escape has been in the shop 4 times for faulty wipers within the first year of ownership. If it does it again and ford buysback I'll be going hyundai.

Curious as to what kind of problem you are having with your wipers. I have a 2017 Escape Titanium 2.0, no wiper problems. I've only had it since December 2017, but I've put 12,000 miles on it already. Only issue so far is that I get a pop up "Blind spot deactivated, trailer attached" on the screen when there is no trailer attached, but that's likely just a software glitch. Blind spot detection works fine after initial startup.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Update. After researching and finding out Ford extended these warranties to 7 years/100,000 miles we called Ford again to find out what the hell is going on. Ford now claims they didn't realize the Focus and Fiesta warranties were extended. I am calling BS on that! I am also calling BS on Andy Mohr not knowing this. So after thoroughly reviewing my claim and denying it, Fords words, not mine......they now realize they did extend them warranties after being called out on it. So now I am waiting to talk to Andy Mohr service manager to get resolved. I will update after calling them.

I personally think they are trying to get out of it because it is 98,500 miles......I won't be giving up anytime soon.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Update. After researching and finding out Ford extended these warranties to 7 years/100,000 miles we called Ford again to find out what the hell is going on. Ford now claims they didn't realize the Focus and Fiesta warranties were extended. I am calling BS on that! I am also calling BS on Andy Mohr not knowing this. So after thoroughly reviewing my claim and denying it, Fords words, not mine......they now realize they did extend them warranties after being called out on it. So now I am waiting to talk to Andy Mohr service manager to get resolved. I will update after calling them.

I personally think they are trying to get out of it because it is 98,500 miles......I won't be giving up anytime soon.
    I'd think the dealership would want it to be under warranty so they get paid for the work done and you are happy... unless my impression that dealership service areas like warranty work (paid for by the OEM).

Interested to hear how it goes.

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I had an issue on my Ford interceptor police SUV. Called the dealership, but they couldn’t get it in right away, but told me to keep driving it. Dropped it off with 36,035 miles on it. Since it was a 36,000 mile warranty, they refused to warranty it. That’s when I lost my respect for Ford.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Found
    On
    Road
    Dead

I will never buy "domestic" they are all garbage compared to Honda, Toyota and Subaru. Thats what you get when your care are "Proudly made by union workers"

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    After I found out that the Focus is a POS, I refused to own it without any warranty, at 98,500 miles..... Ditch the car asap. Or hit a pot hole hard enough, should total it and turn it into insurance

I had a "Proudly made in Detroit with Union Labor" sticker in my car

I peeled it off and mailed it back to Ford. Said if this is what good ol American labor gets me they can keep it

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Well when you have to pay a high school drop out $20 an hour it kind of cuts into the research budget for better transmissions doesn't it?

Fun fact, wages account for three percent of a vehicle's price. Also, we make the same amount as Toyota and less than Honda.

chuckp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Central IN
    Currently I have 316,000+ miles on my 2000 Honda CRV and I'm loving every mile. Other than tires I've had only had two set of brakes changed, one cv shaft replacement, timing belt x2 changed, one driveshaft issue which i removed and an alternator replacement with a used one. I change fluids regularly.

I had fords before Honda and can't stand the work to keep them on the road. No more. My time is valuable.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Currently I have 316,000+ miles on my 2000 Honda CRV and I'm loving every mile. Other than tires I've had only had two set of brakes changed, one cv shaft replacement, timing belt x2 changed, one driveshaft issue which i removed and an alternator replacement with a used one. I change fluids regularly.

I had fords before Honda and can't stand the work to keep them on the road. No more. My time is valuable.

The truck I drive is a 2004 F250 with 365,000 miles. It has plowed snow since it was new with a 9 foot V plow, it pulls 12,000# trailers frequently, it holds a ton skid of shingles in the bed. It is rusted and battered but has never had nothing done to it but oil changes, ball joints (I have gotten good at doing them) a fuel pump or 2, battery and a heater core. I had a 2000 Chevy 2500HD that was the same way. I drove that truck for about 335,000 miles, plowed snow every year from the day I bought it new and never a failure other than the dash, fuel pump and a power steering unit (recalled). People can give them hell (me included) but I can't complain. I had a couple of Toyota's when I was a kid, a Landcruiser and a truck. The Landcruiser was a tank but rusted away to nothing (wish I still had it though) and the truck had a 22R in it and that thing was always broke, that was the late 80's. I know things have changed since then.

Update: Andy Mohr fired me up today. I called them after Ford had called them and they are telling me the "whole" transmission isn't covered, only the electrical components of the transmission. Here is a copy of the Ford paperwork to dealers...can someone see something I am missing? https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2016/SB-10092575-5448.pdf This paper covers Customer Satisfaction Program 14M01 which covers clutch and seals. Ford and the dealer are telling me info like they are looking at another CSP that was 14M02....and it just covers the transmission Control Module. At this point I am lost. I am taking this paper and heading to Bill Estes Ford Monday to show the nice service manager gentleman as he requested(before I found it online). See where it goes.....end rant.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Curious as to what kind of problem you are having with your wipers. I have a 2017 Escape Titanium 2.0, no wiper problems. I've only had it since December 2017, but I've put 12,000 miles on it already. Only issue so far is that I get a pop up "Blind spot deactivated, trailer attached" on the screen when there is no trailer attached, but that's likely just a software glitch. Blind spot detection works fine after initial startup.
    Wipers would stop mid wipe, or not work at all and then start working again 10-45sec later or sometimes up to 15min later.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    The regional managers job is to make the customer pay for the repairs. I interviewed with Ford in the way back machine for this once. The interview was a week long and included role playing sessions where you had to decide how a fleet customers complaints could be turned into something the company didn't have to pay for without losing their business. I didn't get hired. Good luck.

I had a similar experience with Alfa Romeo...even worse, we had a Milano Quadrifoglio with the De Dion rear suspension system. We pulled into an Alfa dealer to get is serviced and the service manager just shook his head and said he didn't work on those. The new Alfa's look nice but we are probably not going there.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom