• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    wax on the windows works for me, but it sometimes makes for a filmy build-up that you don't get from Rain-x. Unfortunately, the windshield on my old ford is so vertical rainx doesn't help for squat.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Rain-X is your friend. I like to make sure it is maintained and, if I'm going to be travelling, I make sure to touch it up before I go.

I use rain-x, have on many vehicles. But the wiper motors on the focus are laughably slow even at full tilt. I get busy and would space at times to reapply the rain-x but still, I don't think it's an unreasonable request to be able to see when it's raining hard without applying a special fluid

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Bumping this cause of a new recall on this 4 wheel wonder POS for anyone considering ever buying this car.....just don't. Or burn thousands of dollars and just say you did buy one; at the end of the day you're out money but you save the headaches

https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...rs-fixed-avoid-potential-stalling/1759870002/

http://www.autonews.com/article/201...5-million-focus-sedans-for-engine-stall-issue

Sounds like you need to sell that car and get a Kia or something?

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    Friend at work had issues with his clutch plates 3-4 times. Once he got the last set put in he traded it off. So glad I didn’t buy one of these cars because I wanted to back in 2014

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Sounds like you need to sell that car and get a Kia or something?

I got rid of that death trap a little over a year ago. First vehicle ever I was confident I would get killed in with as many close calls on the interstate I had with the clutch issues.

I'm just warning people if they're considering about getting this car, just throw that idea in the trash

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Why do you think Ford is cutting back on car production? Because their cars are crap! Like the saying goes: Ford - Found On Road Dead.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    The car I had stolen 2 weeks ago had just had this failure with purge valve. It broke down on 70 and I had to have it towed home ($125) I repaired it for like $75 in parts and an hour of time. I hate this car got stolen after all the work Ford did on it, and all the fighting I did with them to get work done, but I am glad the pos is out of my life. Just hate the thought that it had new tires, new tranny, new purge valve.....I about had it rebuilt. I am wondering if I still get the class action settlement on the tranny though....since car was stolen before appeals is over.

Don't ever buy one of these cars if it has the Powershift Tranny......they are complete JUNK!

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Why do you think Ford is cutting back on car production? Because their cars are crap! Like the saying goes: Ford - Found On Road Dead.

I believe it has more to do with profits; F150 YUGE, Mustang YUGE, the rest of their lineup not so YUGE. But go ahead and continue believing your stereotypes, it will make life so much easier for you.:laugh:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The car I had stolen 2 weeks ago had just had this failure with purge valve. It broke down on 70 and I had to have it towed home ($125) I repaired it for like $75 in parts and an hour of time. I hate this car got stolen after all the work Ford did on it, and all the fighting I did with them to get work done, but I am glad the pos is out of my life. Just hate the thought that it had new tires, new tranny, new purge valve.....I about had it rebuilt. I am wondering if I still get the class action settlement on the tranny though....since car was stolen before appeals is over.

Don't ever buy one of these cars if it has the Powershift Tranny......they are complete JUNK!

Just to make sure I'm tracking, POS car thief broke down on 70? That's how you recovered it?

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    We have a 2012 Expedition, no problems at all. If you buy a F150+ or Explorer+ SUV you'll likely be fine...cheapest car of the line will get you just that, more pain and money than buying a good one in the first place. Used is luck of the draw; are you getting a good vehicle that someone just wanted to trade or are you buying someone else's problems...I've done both. Mix both cheapest of the line and used and good luck.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We have a 2012 Expedition, no problems at all. If you buy a F150+ or Explorer+ SUV you'll likely be fine...cheapest car of the line will get you just that, more pain and money than buying a good one in the first place. Used is luck of the draw; are you getting a good vehicle that someone just wanted to trade or are you buying someone else's problems...I've done both. Mix both cheapest of the line and used and good luck.

Bingo. And this is why we own trucks. I will never buy a car by shoe size. If i have to shoe horn into it I will pass.
    To each their own of course. Budgets etc and I get that.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    :dunno: I've had a few old Fords. My current two old Fords are still like energizer bunnies, both +/- 200k.

Are the Fords really worse than other brands? Seems like I've seen issues with various brands at various model years in my used car shopping over the years?

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    :dunno: I've had a few old Fords. My current two old Fords are still like energizer bunnies, both +/- 200k.

Are the Fords really worse than other brands? Seems like I've seen issues with various brands at various model years in my used car shopping over the years?

Fact is they are pretty much all junk...and all great. Every manufacturer has their problems. Part of the problem seems to be that they rush vehicles into production, end up with multiple recalls or TSB's and worry about fixing them if/when they return to the dealer. Every make & model has its own quirks and common problems, and stuff that just never seems to fail. Also part of the problem is not having enough control over the quality of parts supplied by outside venders who will also do anything to save a few bucks so the could get the supply contract

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Fact is they are pretty much all junk...and all great. Every manufacturer has their problems. Part of the problem seems to be that they rush vehicles into production, end up with multiple recalls or TSB's and worry about fixing them if/when they return to the dealer. Every make & model has its own quirks and common problems, and stuff that just never seems to fail. Also part of the problem is not having enough control over the quality of parts supplied by outside venders who will also do anything to save a few bucks so the could get the supply contract

I ran into a roadside deal on a Honda SUV a few years back. Always heard and read that Honda's were top shelf.

This was a ridiculously good price for an SUV with a blown motor. Good enough price to consider putting in a new motor. Got home, done some research to find that all the motors and replacements for that model year were subject to failure before 100k mikes. :dunno:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I ran into a roadside deal on a Honda SUV a few years back. Always heard and read that Honda's were top shelf.

This was a ridiculously good price for an SUV with a blown motor. Good enough price to consider putting in a new motor. Got home, done some research to find that all the motors and replacements for that model year were subject to failure before 100k mikes. :dunno:

I always call my guys at the recycle yards. If they do not have and can not get a used engine for a specific car then it is a problem child most times.

epeery

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2018
    Columbus
    No disrespect.....but I will push a Ford before I drive a Japanese vehicle. Seriously, I just can't do it.

I know I'm respondingto an older post, but I think in Indiana the "Japanese" companies provide a lot more people with regular paychecks than the "American" brands do.

Top Bottom