• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Wipers would stop mid wipe, or not work at all and then start working again 10-45sec later or sometimes up to 15min later.

That’s odd. Seems like they would be able to fix that. Either a bad relay or a bad sensor if you’ve got the rain sensing wiper feature. I’d try another Ford dealer for service.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    That’s odd. Seems like they would be able to fix that. Either a bad relay or a bad sensor if you’ve got the rain sensing wiper feature. I’d try another Ford dealer for service.

They are working so far knock on wood. they've replaced the same switch the last 3 times and basically threw other parts in to make it work. I know the around the 13-16 model year they had wiper issues on the escapes.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Hint: engineers that design chitty CVT clutches aren't UAW assembly workers

Unions have been demonized to the point some automatically assume everything is the union's fault. Bad design? Union. Poor marketing strategy? Union. Bad product mix? Union. Investor take over for a bleed dry and cut loose? Union.

It's got to be a complete mystery to them when a non-union business fails.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    No disrespect.....but I will push a Ford before I drive a Japanese vehicle. Seriously, I just can't do it.

I've driven all domestic cars with one exception, an Isuzu I bought while living overseas. It was the most problematic vehicle I've ever owned, but in fairness it had a metric butt ton of km on it. Literally. A fat Egyptian guy with a huge butt drove it for a LOT of kilometers before I bought it.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Unions have been demonized to the point some automatically assume everything is the union's fault. Bad design? Union. Poor marketing strategy? Union. Bad product mix? Union. Investor take over for a bleed dry and cut loose? Union.

It's got to be a complete mystery to them when a non-union business fails.

Good point. My observation is that human nature is to take advantage of others when afforded the opportunity. This applies to rich and poor, weak and strong, famous and anonymous alike. For this reason, I am persuaded that unions in relative equilibrium with management regarding influence and leverage make a good situation in which no abuses either way are taking place.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Update: I talked to the original owner of the Focus that is causing problems and she told us she had taken it in for clutch work under recall shortly after she purchased it, and it was done at Andy Mohr Ford. The guy at Andy Mohr told me last week it had never had a repair according to vin service record. I am gonna get some answers from them tomorrow and it isn't going to be pretty.

And then on top of everything..my oldest daughter didn't know about this going on and went to Andy Mohr Ford yesterday and bought a vehicle from them :ugh:. Does Indiana have a law where you can return a used car and terminate contract if done in 3 days? I am asking this because perhaps I can use that as leverage to get the Focus repaired.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    Update: I talked to the original owner of the Focus that is causing problems and she told us she had taken it in for clutch work under recall shortly after she purchased it, and it was done at Andy Mohr Ford. The guy at Andy Mohr told me last week it had never had a repair according to vin service record. I am gonna get some answers from them tomorrow and it isn't going to be pretty.

And then on top of everything..my oldest daughter didn't know about this going on and went to Andy Mohr Ford yesterday and bought a vehicle from them :ugh:. Does Indiana have a law where you can return a used car and terminate contract if done in 3 days? I am asking this because perhaps I can use that as leverage to get the Focus repaired.

There is no right of rescissionion on vehicle purchases in Indiana. Even if there were, you'd be pissing in the wind trying to use it as leverage.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    As it relates to the OP's concern, it's not just a Ford problem. Reality is the government has for years pushed tougher emission control/ fuel economy etc. So it has reached the point where manufacturers are putting out vehicles with way too many problems. They know there are issues that need fixed, but it seems they push it out the door in hopes that it will last until the warranty expires... Or until they are forced into a recall.
    Doesn't help engineers have to cram everything into smaller and tighter spaces which again ties into CAFE ratings and making vehicles smaller and lighter for fuel economy. Drives up the cost of repair and makes the job take longer etc.
    Between the stories I hear from friends & family who are tech's in dealers and what I see working as a fleet tech it really does make you feel like every vehicle is a roll of the dice. And, it's not just Ford, GM & Dodge either imports have their issues too.
    I think it is part of their plan to keep people constantly buying or signing a new lease

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    There is no right of rescissionion on vehicle purchases in Indiana. Even if there were, you'd be pissing in the wind trying to use it as leverage.

Thank you for the response. Is the Motor Car Traders Act not valid in Indiana? I read where Sec. 43 is valid nationwide, but that was on the internuts. And it may not give me leverage but it would sure make me feel better. Deliver the letter, hand them the keys, return it and walk away....watch them twitch. Then just deal elsewhere.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

If Andy Mohr had fixed the car either under warranty or not it would have generated a report in OASIS. It's the Ford repair records that tie all dealers together. The original owner maybe mistaken about what repairs were made at the dealer.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    As it relates to the OP's concern, it's not just a Ford problem. Reality is the government has for years pushed tougher emission control/ fuel economy etc. So it has reached the point where manufacturers are putting out vehicles with way too many problems. They know there are issues that need fixed, but it seems they push it out the door in hopes that it will last until the warranty expires... Or until they are forced into a recall.
    Doesn't help engineers have to cram everything into smaller and tighter spaces which again ties into CAFE ratings and making vehicles smaller and lighter for fuel economy. Drives up the cost of repair and makes the job take longer etc.
    Between the stories I hear from friends & family who are tech's in dealers and what I see working as a fleet tech it really does make you feel like every vehicle is a roll of the dice. And, it's not just Ford, GM & Dodge either imports have their issues too.
    I think it is part of their plan to keep people constantly buying or signing a new lease

You hit the nail on the head. I think one reason I have good luck with Chevy and Ford trucks is I buy the basic models that have been built for years. Not much power stuff in my trucks. Less moving parts, less to break and less to move when repairing. I bought my wife a new Malibu and that thing drives me nuts. Always telling me something, cold out watch for ice, check rear seat, low tire pressure, dont remove eyes from road.........it's constantly dinging and bells ringing and lights flashing. Love the car but could do without all the hoopla.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    Thank you for the response. Is the Motor Car Traders Act not valid in Indiana? I read where Sec. 43 is valid nationwide, but that was on the internuts. And it may not give me leverage but it would sure make me feel better. Deliver the letter, hand them the keys, return it and walk away....watch them twitch. Then just deal elsewhere.

I'm fairly certain that applies to purchases off site. If they brought the car and contracts to her home or work there might be a chance. That fact aside, there was no wrongdoing by the dealer in her transaction and in your case, you're looking for service to your vehicle which is a completely different transaction. I just don't think there's any merit and you'll probably be laughed off the lot or if you become belligerent, trespassed. I could be way off base but I do know a little about this particular scenario.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    If Andy Mohr had fixed the car either under warranty or not it would have generated a report in OASIS. It's the Ford repair records that tie all dealers together. The original owner maybe mistaken about what repairs were made at the dealer.

That's what their mechanic said as well but the original owner is positive she took it to them to reprogram/reflash the transmission module when she got recall....she is going to provide me with the receipts. I am dealing with her thru the dealership I originally bought the Focus at. We contacted that dealer and they called her, she said she will provide us with her files on the car with recalls and receipts. Is there any chance Ford could have instructed dealers to not enter these into OASIS since they knew they were flawed but could not fix? Edit: thunderchicken...if I send you a vin # can you enter OASIS to see production day?

How many miles on the clock...???

The Focus has 98,500. That's why I have to get it resolved soon. I think they are trying to delay me to get it over 100,000 miles...which will void the extended warranty. I think the reason my car is not showing up under that 14M01 warranty recall is because that recall ended on cars produced 6/5/2013.....I just went out and looked at the production date on this car and it says 6/13, but no date. If I am reading the dates in the code right, I think this one was made on 6/11/2013! I just now went and looked. I will have to check how to find the date of month on code number. So they are not covering it and make me file on the class action over a few days apparently.

Last edited:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    If it's going to fail again anyway, even if Ford repairs it for you, I don't see why you don't just go trade it for something else now.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    That's what their mechanic said as well but the original owner is positive she took it to them to reprogram/reflash the transmission module when she got recall....she is going to provide me with the receipts. I am dealing with her thru the dealership I originally bought the Focus at. We contacted that dealer and they called her, she said she will provide us with her files on the car with recalls and receipts. Is there any chance Ford could have instructed dealers to not enter these into OASIS since they knew they were flawed but could not fix? Edit: thunderchicken...if I send you a vin # can you enter OASIS to see production day?

The Focus has 98,500. That's why I have to get it resolved soon. I think they are trying to delay me to get it over 100,000 miles...which will void the extended warranty. I think the reason my car is not showing up under that 14M01 warranty recall is because that recall ended on cars produced 6/5/2013.....I just went out and looked at the production date on this car and it says 6/13, but no date. If I am reading the dates in the code right, I think this one was made on 6/11/2013! I just now went and looked. I will have to check how to find the date of month on code number. So they are not covering it and make me file on the class action over a few days apparently.

CHCRandy- if you send me the VIN, I could look it up in OASIS but it wouldn't beuntil tomorrow night. As a general rule anytime a Ford dealer generates a work order it goes into oasis, especially if there is any warranty/recall claim. They have to document that stuff to track repairs and to prove any repairs should any legal action happen. It's pretty much a cover their ass kind of deal.
    If they reprogrammed the trans module (which is part of the PCM), they had to generate info into OASIS to gain access to the most up to date info. Otherwise Ford won't transmit a flash program via wifi.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    If it's going to fail again anyway, even if Ford repairs it for you, I don't see why you don't just go trade it for something else now.

Because I doubt I would get much trade with tranny slipping, nor would I want someone else stuck with it. I can have it fixed, get 2 year unlimited warranty and collect my money from the class action. I would just rather have the car fixed then jack with class action settlement. They claim new seals are copper and won't fail...but you know how that is.

CHCRandy- if you send me the VIN, I could look it up in OASIS but it wouldn't beuntil tomorrow night. As a general rule anytime a Ford dealer generates a work order it goes into oasis, especially if there is any warranty/recall claim. They have to document that stuff to track repairs and to prove any repairs should any legal action happen. It's pretty much a cover their ass kind of deal.
    If they reprogrammed the trans module (which is part of the PCM), they had to generate info into OASIS to gain access to the most up to date info. Otherwise Ford won't transmit a flash program via wifi.

Thank you sir. I called Ford today and my production date was Wednesday 6-12-2013.......that recall that extended the warranty was for vehicles manufactured on or before Wednesday 6-5-2013. So I was 4 or 5 business days later....and obviously they had not corrected the problem since class action allows claims much later than 6-5-2013 production date.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    No disrespect.....but I will push a Ford before I drive a Japanese vehicle. Seriously, I just can't do it.

Ding ding ding! Me too! Although I’m more of a GM guy, my work truck is a Ford. A 2005 with over 270,000 miles!!! Runs great!

I work for a shop that builds injection molds for the auto industry. I have been in this trade since 1992. I have not even seen a GM tool in a decade. GM was the first to get big into Chinese outsourcing. So big that now a large amount of their engineering work is now being done there, and even some engine production...

Not-so-secret weapon: GM's Chinese engines

Buick Will Get Most Of Its Stuff From China And Korea Now That Opel's Gone

Expect Chinese engineering and design centers to lead the development of most Buick passenger cars. Korea may become GM’s engineering center for compact and subcompact vehicles.

We do a ton of Ford work though. And by "do". I mean we quote it in their reverse, online auction format, where the starting bid is generally thousands to hundreds of thousands less that what we can build it for. The Ford projects we "win", we outsource to Chinese tool shops. We do this because we KNOW the part will see countless engineering changes. The timing of these changes is such that the work has to be done in our shop.

The Ford EC work we do is in no way sufficient to keep our shop busy though. What has kept our doors open is work from Japanese companies who supply parts to Japanese automakers, who build their cars in America.

Auto assembly line workers are a tiny fraction of the people needed to produce a car. The big three used to keep thousands of mold, die, and pattern shops in business. Then they started squeezing them, demanding rebates on work already done, delaying payments so that we don't receive the final third of our $$$ for up to two years after project kickoff, demanding to pay Chinese tool prices for American tool quality. Now they are "brainstorming" how to save the industry that they single handedly destroyed...:rolleyes:

Tool and Dying: Auto Leaders, From Ford to FCA, Brainstorm on Saving the Shops that Sustain Them

The big three can suck it.:coffee:

Top Bottom