• ...and so much more!
  • mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Condolences, Expat. I pray she rests in peace now, after her long battle. I hope it's not uncomfortable for perfect strangers to offer condolences, but I feel we're all at least a little bit friends here on this site. Best wishes going forward for you.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Thanks and sorry to hear.
    I hope he is near you. If he was like me, he got used to the family all coming around while their mom is sick. Now not only is she gone, the kids don't come around as much any more. It is tough.

Thanks everyone. As Hoosierdood mentioned, she and I did everything together. If I went to a gun store or gun show, we went together.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Sounds like a great relationship. My wife and I have very different interest so never been the type to go everywhere together, so that must have been great. Been married 27 years myself (and together a long time before that). My wife developed a serious heart condition 20 years ago when she was pregnant with our 2nd, that she deals with daily, so while I'm not in your shoes, it could easily happen and I can only think how painful it would be. Have had a few close calls over the years.

Hopefully you can reach out to your kids and be involved with them, even with the absence of your wife, and continue to celebrate her life & remember her, but also continue to build some new memories with them.

Yes, he is here in town. All the kids live in town except 1 in Michigan and she visits every other week.
    We visit all the time, he comes up to the shop to hang out and talk with customers, he likes the distraction.
    They weren't very mobile the last year or so with mom. We need to make sure he gets out of the house and stays active.
    It's a kick in the gut for sure, I won't try to tell you it's not, just hang in there.

Sorry for your loss as well. Keeping active & engaged seems like it would be key for your dad, especially now when it can be so easy to be isolated. Sounds like you are doing well by him in that regard.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I am sorry to hear of your loss my friend. I cannot even start to imagine the broken heart you are experiencing. You folks will be in my thoughts and prayers. God bless.

Top Bottom