• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I suspect it isn't LaPierre and the NRA the ***** wants so badly. It's the firearms in the hands of individuals.

Want them? Come get them, *****.

As much as we in the gun community see the NRA as less than a perfect partner, the anti-gun crowd sees it as the primary impediment to them taking our guns away.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    We throw around terms like "fraud", "corruption" and "stealing", but these terms have specific definitions...none of which apply when the management has the power to authorize spending and do so, no matter how unwise it is. Horrible management usually is not a crime, but's a great reason to clean house and reorganize.

How does one go about changing management when the board and trustees care less about exorbitant spending practices?

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    The NRA started the downhill during the 70's and 80's, its a shame that Neal couldn't hang on and then years later to move to Fair Oaks... What were they thinking....
    The move should have been to West Virginia.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Guy Relford was just interviewed (briefly) on WTHR about this. He seemed to think that they may have a case if they can prove financial shenanigans with membership fees and donations. If they're being used to enrich LaPierre and others and not for their stated use (ie. fighting for the 2A causes), then that's a no-no.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    I think we need to get some prosecutors that have the gonads to go after BLM, MoveOn and other anti-american organizations. Let's follow the money trails, money laundering and such. It's about time we fight fire with fire.

RCB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Near Bedford
    Personally I see this as a win, win. If nothing else, I bet they absolutely did everything by the book. At the same time, Mr. Pierre's issues are at least well rumored. At any rate he has had too much power for too long, especially after the events of last year.

I think the NRA will have to shake things up after this anyhow. At the same time, I think it will also show just how biased NY is and maybe move the organization to a more friendly state.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ol, Wayne is nothing more that a slick salesman!

We (INGO) had a big discussion about this not long ago I think many were satisfied with Wayne’s leadership?
    That dude can put a prosperity preacher to shame with his antics.

I am anything butt pleased.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    The good thing about the NRA regardless as to it's true stance on the 2nd, is they were always the proverbial 400 pound gorilla in the room that scared the heck out of many politicians. The sad part of the NRA is that they seemed to forget who and what they stood for and was all too willing to negotiate rather than demand the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As to the NY AG, it appears to be a massive Hail Mary pass.

Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    Even if it is a failed legal action, plenty of damage can be done in the court of public opinion. As much as people are gun-buying crazy, I'd wager a large % haven't substantially changed their views on the common sense reforms that are needed to rid our nation of the scourge of gun violence.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Honestly, I would be more surprised if the claims made against LaPierre and co. are false than if they are true.

ShooterG53

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I drank the NRA Koolaid and became a Life Member in 2014.I kept getting fundraising calls at least once a month and after looking closer
    realized that the board was controlled by Wayne and his buddies and the members had no real say in what went on.
    I started getting frustrated when the paid fundraisers called and started telling them what I thought about Wayne when they called.
    Funny thing is after about 3 or 4 calls they stopped calling!
    GOA gets my money now and I hope that many people will start shifting their support to them.
    I hope that Wayne and his buddies get what they deserve but I hope that this results in a complete overhaul of the NRA rather than being shut down by the radical Dem NY attorney general.If only Wayne had done the right thing!

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    I drank the NRA Koolaid and became a Life Member in 2014.I kept getting fundraising calls at least once a month and after looking closer
    realized that the board was controlled by Wayne and his buddies and the members had no real say in what went on.
    I started getting frustrated when the paid fundraisers called and started telling them what I thought about Wayne when they called.
    Funny thing is after about 3 or 4 calls they stopped calling!
    GOA gets my money now and I hope that many people will start shifting their support to them.
    I hope that Wayne and his buddies get what they deserve but I hope that this results in a complete overhaul of the NRA rather than being shut down by the radical Dem NY attorney general.If only Wayne had done the right thing!

Why not support both?

Punkinhead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    Why not support both?

If someone came to your door and said, "If you give me $100 I'll spend $1 of it on finding a cure for childhood lukemia and the rest on trips to the Bahamas and Armani suits" would you support him? After all, childhood lukemia is a worthy cause.

Top Bottom