• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    This is the law of unintended consequences in action. It will be interesting when Rokita opens an investigation of fraud and corruption in PP of Indiana and Kentucky. You allow this for political grandstanding, then you open it up for political grandstanding.

This also has a chilling effect on Churches. If the AG of NY can go after the NRA, why not go after Redeemer Church? Remember, it isn't the investigation that will sink places, but the legal fees in defending it.

On the flip side, going after the NRA BEFORE the election is just a stupid political move. You want to galvanize the right? Here you go on a silver platter.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I drank the NRA Koolaid and became a Life Member in 2014.I kept getting fundraising calls at least once a month and after looking closer
    realized that the board was controlled by Wayne and his buddies and the members had no real say in what went on.
    I started getting frustrated when the paid fundraisers called and started telling them what I thought about Wayne when they called.
    Funny thing is after about 3 or 4 calls they stopped calling!
    GOA gets my money now and I hope that many people will start shifting their support to them.
    I hope that Wayne and his buddies get what they deserve but I hope that this results in a complete overhaul of the NRA rather than being shut down by the radical Dem NY attorney general.If only Wayne had done the right thing!

I will give GOA the greater portion of my NRA money when they start doing all of the programs that the NRA has been doing over its long history.

defaultdotxbe

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2020
    Griffith
    If someone came to your door and said, "If you give me $100 I'll spend $1 of it on finding a cure for childhood lukemia and the rest on trips to the Bahamas and Armani suits" would you support him? After all, childhood lukemia is a worthy cause.
    To play devil's advocate, it may still be worthwhile if the grand total of leukemia spending from other groups amounted to 5 cents because no other group has the infrastructure to conduct significant research

Anyway, I was thinking, if the NRA is dissolved how would it affect the Political Victory Fund or the NRA-ILA? Since those are legally required to be separate entities with the own revenue and accounting

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    The big question here, is can they pierce the corporate veil. Did the NRA follow all the rules the govern a corporation. Did the NRA hold shareholder meetings, did they document all expenses paid, and can they justify those expenses. Did the NRA keep up with all their paperwork for being a corporation.

I don't know, I have no information other than what has been reported. The Attorney General must think they can pierce the corporate veil.

It's not just about piercing the corporate veil. Remember the NRA is a not for profit. Not for profit entities have to follow certain rules for the privilege of receiving nontaxable income, the most important of which is no self-dealing. When an officer or major contributor of the org receives personal benefit, which arguably WLP and other officers have, it's a big deal. As a CPA who has helped set up many NFP entities for clients before, I knew self-dealing would be the killer when this stuff first came out. This is not (just) a political hack job. There is legitimacy here.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    I still support the NRA, as well as any other organization that supports the second amendment and our rights. Yes, the NRA has had a bad season, maybe a couple, but they still remain a thorn in my enemy's side. They also have some great educational programs for all ages. They still have influence.

Like many things, once something is revealed as questionable, many people jump ship; in many ways it is a sheeple response. Yes, Wayne needs to go as well as a few others, but to turn your back on an organization that has proved beneficial in so many ways is, well, sad.

I will continue to support them until such time they are proven ineffective. I also support others. BTW, churches, government, charities, family households, your place of business.....all have run into this problem from time to time. That does not make it acceptable but does not mean I'll turn my back on it; just have to work hard to make it better.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    https://mailchi.mp/theflipside/your...ide-quarantine-wining-and-dining?e=234100cefb

It seems that even some leftist pundits are shocked by this suit as brazen "lawfare". Not a surprise since the AG had claimed that the NRA is a terrorist organization. The idea of trying to silence gun owners because WP was siphoning $ for his own use is proof that the 2A and gun owners are the real taret and that WP and his cronies are just leverage

Disbanding the NRA isn't going to happen because of this, she's just planning on tying up NRA funds in legal defense instead of offense against biden

Punkinhead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    I've been a member since 1980, but once someone steals from me they're dead to me. If the NRA needs more support they can go ask for another cash infusion from the Russians.

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I've been a member since 1980, but once someone steals from me they're dead to me. If the NRA needs more support they can go ask for another cash infusion from the Russians.

Hi! How are you? Let me ask you a couple questions.

What pro-2A organization other than the NRA can the antis name?

Have you ever seen a lawyer from a pro-2A organization testify at the Indiana Statehouse that wasn't from the NRA?

How many NRA members were there in 1980? How many are there now?

I'll be at 200 West Washington Street when Constitutional Carry comes up in committee. Hope to see you there.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    I will give GOA the greater portion of my NRA money when they start doing all of the programs that the NRA has been doing over its long history.

GOA is a joke. No compromise required when you never do a damn thing. Even as shaky and bad as the NRA is at the top, it still does way more than any other gun org. GOA did finally come out to my old statehouse once to give a **** speech in committee session for a constitutional carry bill that was DOA and was never involved in the dozen or so good bills that passed. NRA was there for all of them and sponsored trap teams, programs, training and more.

Yes- Wayne is a joke, but no, GOA won’t get a dime from me. I do send money to FPC as they are good lawyers putting up a good fight.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    If they make some changes and clean house, remain relevant and help get Trump re-elected then I'll upgrade to life member.

Granted, they need to spruce things up - no argument there. Joining "after the battle" is always easier, especially when someone else is doing most of the fighting.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville

Not to alarm you, but people have been stealing from you for a very long time; just about everyone, in all areas of life. Stores, healthcare, teachers, unions, government, neighbors, bankers......I don't know where to stop. I wonder how it feels to live with all these dead people. I would even bet you have stolen at some time in your life.

Punkinhead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    Not to alarm you, but people have been stealing from you for a very long time; just about everyone, in all areas of life. Stores, healthcare, teachers, unions, government, neighbors, bankers......I don't know where to stop. I wonder how it feels to live with all these dead people.
    "Other people have stolen from you so you need to turn a blind eye to this instance." Sorry, not buying it.

I would even bet you have stolen at some time in your life.
    In that case, where's my closet full of Armani suits and passport stamps from the Bahamas?

looper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2019
    NWI
    Like it or not NRA is the best we have right now. Every gun owner should join, that said why not support 2 or more.

Top Bottom