• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RCB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Near Bedford
    There is no doubt that the NRA is the reason we have as much as we do. Unfortunately that's the way of Washington. Sure they are trading concessions to get votes one way or another. It's crappy, but also real. However, I think this may be the impetus needed to change leadership in a big way. The problem isn't just Wayne, it's all the higher ups that support him as well. This is hardly the first rumbling. I can't imagine anyone in the NRA can ignore this, even if it is fraudulent.

I expect they've been by the book, even if shady. However, the court of public opinion can drastically affect them. However, it'd be very easy to cut off our nose to spite our face. The GOA is great, but as said NRA is the 400 pound gorilla. Can it change? Yeah, but that's not an instant change and in DC it's more about who you know, not what you know.

As we just saw with the Calvary Chapel case, the supreme court is still leaning left and content to blatantly ignore the constitution, even at a base level.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    img.gif

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Not to alarm you, but people have been stealing from you for a very long time; just about everyone, in all areas of life. Stores, healthcare, teachers, unions, government, neighbors, bankers......I don't know where to stop. I wonder how it feels to live with all these dead people. I would even bet you have stolen at some time in your life.

If the theft, or fraud, or just general poor service becomes obvious I withdraw my funds. I stopped donating to the NRA in 2019. I was uncomfortable in 2014 when I went to the convention and saw the gigantic poster of Wayne LaPierre. He is an employee and should not be a figurehead. It's backwards to focus on the individual. After some attempts at change and then that closed-door meeting in 2019 I decided not to contribute until LaPierre is gone and the board is restructured. This is as close as I come to publicly denigrating the NRA because i realize they also do a lot of positive things, but I've joined and donated to several other organizations.

The NRA's strength has never been its funding or lobbying, although I don't doubt that's necessary. It's been the ability to get individuals to the voting booth. I hope we can do that through general effort and other organizations while the NRA is floundering.

jcj54

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    NE
    I have been an NRA life member since 1980. For about the first 10 years of life membership, I received an annual report every year. After LaPierre became evp they stopped coming....
    That said, the NRA is the most visible pro 2A group and the lightning rod for the anti-gun crowd.
    I do not agree with everything they do but hope they get this current mess behind them.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    I look at some organizations as I would the USA. Great country, greatest on earth. At times we allow poor leadership to get into positions that they do not belong. When poor politicians get into office, regardless of what level, bad stuff can happen. These bad politicians may be nice people on the surface, but their agenda is personal gain and power. The USA is still the greatest country on earth even after Obama left office. Not once did I turn my back on the USA, stop supporting the USA or talked back about the USA. The USA is a great country that had some bad leadership.

NRA is like the USA. Great organization that has helped millions, supported our constitution, prevented allot of crap.....you know what I mean. Along comes Wayne, maybe a nice guy....maybe not. He is put into the position of leadership that he obviously should not have been. He did things that looks bad to many of us, but the NRA did not change. The NRA is still the largest pain in the ass the enemy has! The USA is the largest pain the ass the world's evil has.

Leadership may influence but it does not replace a foundation of righteous strength. Wayne is NOT the NRA! Obama was NOT the USA. WE are the NRA. WE are the USA.

So many people are bailing ship because their poor little feelings are hurt, or for whatever reason they have; and leaving the NRA. NO DIFFERENT from saying, if so and so wins the election, I'm leaving the country. OK - GO!!!! OK, leave the NRA!

How many people still support companies with their dollars? The companies who blatantly are against moral USA? Nike, Dicks and such.

Yes, stop supporting the largest pro-gun, pro-2nd we have....because of poor leadership. Jump ship when in fact all hands are needed to keep it alive. What does that say about your support for what is real, what is fact and what is really needed.

Sorry your feelings are hurt. It's ok. Me, along with million of others will continue to support the biggest gun advocate we have. We'll allow you to reap the benefits regardless.....cuz it's about the 2nd amendment; not your feelings.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    I'm not the biggest NRA fan, but if anyone thinks that the blue state AG will stop with the NRA, you are nuts. Some other group will take the place up top if they are disbanded (highly unlikely I bet, they could lose non profit status at most in NY) and they will go after them.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    NRA=Republican, Holcomb
    Anti-gun=Democrat, unknown governor

Sounds familiar :)

As much as we in the gun community see the NRA as less than a perfect partner, the anti-gun crowd sees it as the primary impediment to them taking our guns away.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm not the biggest NRA fan, but if anyone thinks that the blue state AG will stop with the NRA, you are nuts. Some other group will take the place up top if they are disbanded (highly unlikely I bet, they could lose non profit status at most in NY) and they will go after them.

yup

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I wonder if the AG is just raising her political profile for a spot on Joe's team. Wayne comes from lobby land in dc, where the lobster and Beluga sandwiches are like Big Macs everywhere else. I can't imagine spending huge sums of money on clothes, but then I don't come from the richest place on earth.

Carthago delenda est!!!!!!!!!!!

Punkinhead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    Some highlights from the AG's lawsuit. It's worth a listen.

[video=youtube_share;B9oV17dIza4]https://youtu.be/B9oV17dIza4[/video]

Last edited:

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I don't think New York is an anti-gun state. I think NYC is where the majority of the anti-gun sentiment comes from. Go to the Adirondacks, the finger lakes area, or the Catskills, it's pretty much like every other mountainous/hilly area in this country, pretty gun friendly. Even in Albany.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I agree. I work with several transplanted NY'ers. All pro gun. When I rode through NY on my motorcycle, it was some of the prettiest country side in the NE. However, myself included, most hear NY and automatically think NYC. It's like two different countries.

I don't think New York is an anti-gun state. I think NYC is where the majority of the anti-gun sentiment comes from. Go to the Adirondacks, the finger lakes area, or the Catskills, it's pretty much like every other mountainous/hilly area in this country, pretty gun friendly. Even in Albany.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I SUPPORT THE NRA! Not specific people, the organization and that for which it was chartered.

The naivety expressed in this thread is breathtaking. The conversion of misuse, as defined by an enemy prosecutor, to "stealing" is unreal to me. Armani suits are not even in the top 10 of expensive suits.

I am going to say now that it is likely improprieties have occurred and the board should attend to those as the are elected to do.

Washington DC has become one of the richest most powerful cities in all the world. Something like 7 of the 10 most expensive homes zip codes in the US are there. This is the playground we send the NRA to do battle on to protect our 2A rights nationally. The money flowing in this place is obscene and if you want to be noticed, you must play along. It was mentioned about a Wayne mega poster and that he is just an employee. Nope! He is our gladiator in the DC swamp.

Do you think the senators and presidents and their handlers want to meet with your accountant from Podunkville Indiana? No! They want to meet up on your dime for the lobster and beluga caviar with the rock star NRA president that delivers the votes to get them reelected. They want to play golf at the unobtainable club in the Bahamas. It is a dirty game, but it takes years to develop the contracts and the fear that politicians call respect. At least the NRA is not accused of running the Lolita Express...

So forget all that minor BS and look at the big picture. Overall have gun rights nationally gotten better or worse since WLP took over? Quit picking nits! Things are so much better than that if government had been left to its own without the influence of the WLP led NRA. I really couldn't care less what the money is spent on, it is all about are the goals being met? I say yes! And if we can win this election together, as the NRA, more goals are in the grasp...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom