• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I didn't know NASCAR was still around. :) But I did drive a Winston Cup car for 10 laps around the Monster Mile. That was kinda cool.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I do so enjoy watching a bunch of externally identical cars turn left for a couple of hours.

Actually, my complaints about NASCAR faded when different activities got their own television outlets. When other good stuff was pre-empted by the end of a NASCAR race on broadcast television back in the 1970s, it irritated me. Same thing for ballgames that ran overtime. Feh.

Drag racing a lot more fun to watch! And by that I mean the sport where vehicles try to move 1/4 mile faster than the other vehicle does, not a foot race among cross-dressers.

bobcoop06

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Marshall County
    Just like at Indy.....yes.

With the Mustang coming and the Camaro already a factor I am not sure if both have to fit the same inspection jig. If so that is another issue I have with them.

No more templates anymore, it's all optical scanning now. All manufacturers carry the same body lines, but the front clip is still slightly different between makes. But still nothing stock whatsoever!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    No more templates anymore, it's all optical scanning now. All manufacturers carry the same body lines, but the front clip is still slightly different between makes. But still nothing stock whatsoever!

Thanks. I had heard some things were changing but I honestly have lost a lot of enthusiasm for organized corporate racing.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Thanks. I had heard some things were changing but I honestly have lost a lot of enthusiasm for organized corporate racing.

They lost me when they went to tube chassis cars. It lost the whole image when they did that, that's when they started their fall down the corporate trail where we ended up with intermissions and other such nonsense. As much as I'd like to go to Daytona for the opener I just can't bring myself to support them.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Need to get back to no limits. It has to be a production car but shoe horn in the biggest baddest power and handling packages that will fit and it has to be available for sales to the public. WIN on Sunday and sell on Monday. Yee-Hah!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    They lost me when they went to tube chassis cars. It lost the whole image when they did that, that's when they started their fall down the corporate trail where we ended up with intermissions and other such nonsense. As much as I'd like to go to Daytona for the opener I just can't bring myself to support them.

When Dale died the series really fell off. He was a driving force keeping the rules makers and shakers at bay. When he left us they completed ****ed the whole thing up. And they are still ****ing it up.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Need to get back to no limits. It has to be a production car but shoe horn in the biggest baddest power and handling packages that will fit and it has to be available for sales to the public. WIN on Sunday and sell on Monday. Yee-Hah!

Do you think that would work?

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    My buddy is at the chili bowl this week

I have a friend there too. I love dirt track because it is never the same line working. It could be the high line, low line or any of them. Nascrap is just follow the leader while looking for a drafting partner. Dirt track it is pedal to the medal, slide sideways through the turn and mash the pedal. Years ago I would pack the track at Terre Haute. Basically I would drive round and round in my Jeep. I had a ton of clay on my Jeep but what a blast. Especially if I didn’t have it in 4hi and got sideways a little. One of these days I want to drive a sprint car.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Was a fan of NASCAR for many years but no more.
    First began watching in the late 1960's.
    Was a time when I rarely missed watching a race.
    Had five Brickyard tickets on the aisle on the outside of the 1st turn from the Inaugural year up through 2007.

Then NASCAR turned into such an over regulated joke it's little more than glorified IROC racing.
    I wouldn't walk across the street to see it with a free ticket today.

Last edited:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Anybody who knows me shares my enthusiasm when I say this could very well be the best thread ever that’s non-gun related on the website. I could have so much to say but I will just say this:

If anyone ever comes up with a phrase as ignorant as boogity, boogity, boogity in IndyCar I’ll leave that series that series too.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    Anybody who knows me shares my enthusiasm when I say this could very well be the best thread ever that’s non-gun related on the website. I could have so much to say but I will just say this:

If anyone ever comes up with a phrase as ignorant as boogity, boogity, boogity in IndyCar I’ll leave that series that series too.

DW is known as "Jaws" for a reason. He never could keep his pie hole shut.

Top Bottom