• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    It's happening once per show and everytime I point out how unsafe the gun handling is at the 1500 I just get open mouths and shrugged shoulders.

Someone, not me (because I carry a framing hammer at gun shows), is going to get shot dead by some doofus with his Kel-tec because he does not understand that each and every time you load or unload the weapon can discharge. I have been told over and over throughout the gun culture to "just unload it in the parking lot". Parking lots do not have magic force fields.

Unloading it does NOT make it safe and by coonfingering the gun it creates another opportunity for it to go bang. IF we must jack with the guns at the gun show because we are playing with the lowest common denominator, then for the love of John Browning let's get a safe fiddle area instead of having 38th Street or riccing into Jasper's smelly beer gut as a backstop.

You seriously carry a framing hammer?

zenbruno

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    So all the ND always happen when people try to unload their gun before they get it?
    It's never a guy that didn't tell he had a loaded gun on him and for some reasons took it out of the holster to play with it inside?

Im just curious.

I agree that a safe area to unload is a must if you are asked to unload.
    But if for some reasons you decide to stay armed then do it but dont take the gun out of the holster at any time.
    It's even safer than having to take it out, rack the slide on a live round in front of people and realoading after.

Well, I'm sure you won't get many to admit to doing this, but yeah, IF you've gone ahead and entered the 1500 with a loaded gun, then for goodness sakes, don't unholster it or touch it. :shady:

But I tend to agree with the current requirement of clearing all weapons before entering the 1500 -- and keeping 'em that way till you exit. The show organizers just have to consider making an area designated for that purpose.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Don't point the gun at me!

Bad, Cledus, no fried catfish!

images

Lucion

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Avon
    I was coming out and I heard people saying that someone had ran over an empty soda bottle in the parking lot.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Well, I'm sure you won't get many to admit to doing this, but yeah, IF you've gone ahead and entered the 1500 with a loaded gun, then for goodness sakes, don't unholster it or touch it. :shady:

But I tend to agree with the current requirement of clearing all weapons before entering the 1500 -- and keeping 'em that way till you exit. The show organizers just have to consider making an area designated for that purpose.

Well I never did that, I never been to a gun show.
    But if I were to do it I would keep it in my holster, like in any other store/places I go.
    It's not because it's gun related that you have to take you gun out, finger it, and wave it around like an idiot.
    You dont do that when you go buy milk and cookies at Walmart.
    If you really need to have it out (to try holsters and such) then unload it or even better bring a "blue gun".
    If you decide to carry your loaded gun then dont take it out.
    If you dont need a gun at all then leave it at home.

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    zenbrunoThe show organizers just have to consider making an area designated for that purpose.[/QUOTE said:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

It's no longer about the venue,
    it's minimal insurance requirements and how much money can we bring in.

They would be just as happy selling aquairums and goldfish
    if they saw a demand.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

It's no longer about the venue,
    it's minimal insurance requirements and how much money can we bring in.

They would be just as happy selling aquairums and goldfish
    if they saw a demand.

Goldfish are my first choice for self defense :D

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I will only go to that gun show when they have sand barrels approved by Kirk!

59387_148921875139779_100000659021496_293854_7969688_n.jpg

Having something like that doesn't look too expensive.I really dont know why they dont have them.

climber409

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Franklin
    It's happening once per show and everytime I point out how unsafe the gun handling is at the 1500 I just get open mouths and shrugged shoulders.

Someone, not me (because I carry a framing hammer at gun shows), is going to get shot dead by some doofus with his Kel-tec because he does not understand that each and every time you load or unload the weapon can discharge. I have been told over and over throughout the gun culture to "just unload it in the parking lot". Parking lots do not have magic force fields.

Unloading it does NOT make it safe and by coonfingering the gun it creates another opportunity for it to go bang. IF we must jack with the guns at the gun show because we are playing with the lowest common denominator, then for the love of John Browning let's get a safe fiddle area instead of having 38th Street or riccing into Jasper's smelly beer gut as a backstop.

I own 3 kel-tecs and have never accidentally discharged them.Just saying:D

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    I will only go to that gun show when they have sand barrels approved by Kirk!

59387_148921875139779_100000659021496_293854_7969688_n.jpg

Having something like that doesn't look too expensive.I really dont know why they dont have them.

Wait so you fire your weapon into that? Isn't dropping the mag and cycling the bolt or racking the slide a simple enough of a procedure?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Wait so you fire your weapon into that? Isn't dropping the mag and cycling the bolt or racking the slide a simple enough of a procedure?

No you dont fire into it.It's here just in case.
    You make sure it's unloaded, then dry fire it into the barrel.
    Since so many people fire unloaded guns it's a good thing to have that barrel just in case.

Top Bottom