• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    You can't carry a loaded gun at the 1500 yet all these people unload their carry gun before they go in. Why not just leave it in the car?

I'm not having a firearm stolen out of my vehicle and set loose on Indianapolis. My guns go with me.

If we have to play to the lowest common denominator, then let's play safe and have a fiddle area so we don't have incidents like this or like this: Boy shot at Cabela’s - KansasCity.com

Every time, every single time, you load or unload your weapon may discharge regardless of where your finger is.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My son and I always load and unload pointed towards the dirt in the planters near the door. It's not the best of locations, but it's about as good as I've seen around there. I sure wish they would put a couple of barrels of sand around to load and unload over.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Why is everyone saying it was a ND? Maybe somebody bought a new gun and had to do their first "car pop." Wait, is that not a real thing?? :):

GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville
    Just got off the phone with.Christa's big sis, Sharpshooter Shelby. She tells me that as she and her.bf were walking in there was a discharge somewhere out in the parking lot. Anyone know about it?

I heard it right as i was walking away from Kimbal Bowen out in the parking lot. I swear it was a handgun cartridge....Or maybe some big stout bastard from bobcat steel dropping targets on the ground:)::dunno::twocents:

Hi Kimbal:welcome:

led4thehed2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Sadly, all you need is money, a pulse, and a lack of felonies, dishonorable disharges, or battery on your record and that's good enough to own a weapon, in most instances.

For me it's great because if I see something in a shop and fall for it I can have it right then. Honestly, I wouldn't mind waiting a day if we could create comprehensive databases that could weed out the adjudicated mentally ill, certain other non-felony offenses, and if people had to actually demonstrate some knowledge of how to handle, manipulate, and shoot a firearm. It frightens me when I see people waving loaded guns and not realize they're putting people in great danger.

wabash

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    SouthWest Indiana
    What's a Loitring? :):

moderately successful book and movie.

lordoftherings1.jpg

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    I'm not having a firearm stolen out of my vehicle and set loose on Indianapolis. My guns go with me.

If we have to play to the lowest common denominator, then let's play safe and have a fiddle area so we don't have incidents like this or like this: Boy shot at Cabela’s - KansasCity.com

Every time, every single time, you load or unload your weapon may discharge regardless of where your finger is.

because it is well known that thefts can and will happen in the parking lot at the gun show. I wouldn't leave anything in the car I care to lose. :dunno:

If they can break into my car and remove the little safe that is bolted to the floor of the trunk, then they can have my Glock. File a police report, turn in the insurance, and go buy another Glock. I won't feel guilty or bad about my gun being "set loose". That's kind of like blaming the gun isn't it?:dunno:
    At least I take no chance of AD/ND.:cool:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Some of us do not have safes in our vehicles.

I agree, but I'd still feel bad if a weapon was stolen from me and used in a crime. I wouldn't bear any liability but metaphysically I don't want it to come from me.

Top Bottom