• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alpha0486

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 19, 2011
    New Palestine
    I agree, need a clearing area at the 1500. Wouldn't take to much. A barrel and some sandbags. Though based upon some of what I saw there, no matter how much precautions you take, this will still happen.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    We were there on Friday around 3pm. By 3:45 I was at a table talking to a vendor who was showing me how a mag loader (or was it a clip loader?) worked. i then softly told him he's violating a major rule for the show by placing live rounds into a mag and can be expelled from all future shows for it. he said he'd have to reread the rules but quickly dropped the rounds from the mag. You can have all the rules in the world, but people are either going to not read them, or not follow them.

BTW, the demo worked and I dropped $30 to save my dad's fingers at the range :)

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    It's easy enough to do.
    They should hire Kirk as a gun safety consultant.

You need a few signs.

Weapon-Loading-Unloading-Area-Sign-K-7707.gif

68409630.png

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    So you clear your gun in front of this sign while trying not to point the barrel of the gun at anyone around? :dunno:

Precisely.

I really just wanted a reason to post the picture I took of the sign. Only now did I think I should have posed in front of it flexing my biceps. Oh well. Next time.

s-works

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I heard the shot. It happened around 2:40pm sunday.

It sounded like it came from the NE side of the parking lot.

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Precisely.

I really just wanted a reason to post the picture I took of the sign. Only now did I think I should have posed in front of it flexing my biceps. Oh well. Next time.

I would have loved that. ;) :):

Well if you have a sign but no barrel you dont have a safe area to dry fire your gun.
    Especially with a crowd of people around and concrete dangerous in case of ricochets.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Free market hammer. Lowest price at the best quality. You need a decent one as more than one person could point a gun at you so you cannot break it beating the first one to death.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    Since it was in the parking lot, we will never know.
    Anyone dumb enough to ND a weapon in the parking lot will never admit to it.
    Probably the culprit either
    A) ducked down so no one could see him after the ND, or
    B) looked around the parking lot like he was trying to see what happened.
    I just can't picture a guy standing by his car with a loaded gun yelling "ACCIDENTAL DISCHARGE, SORRY!"
    Unless a first hand witness comes forth, it will always be an unknown.

As a note to the NON safety Kirk is talking about.
    We got in line and the guy in front of us was selling an AK and an AR.
    He gave the AK to his buddy and proceeded to stand there with his hand on the pistol grip and HIS FINGER ON THE TRIGGER.
    I couldn't take it so I tapped him on the shoulder and said.
    "You don't want to be going around with you finger in the trigger."
    He didn't say word but he did remove his finger from the trigger and never touched it again.
    Instead he:
    Leaned on it with the end of the barrel on his foot;
    Leaned on it with his hand over the end of the barrel;
    A couple of times he even pointed it at his own head.
    He obviously had NO training in gun handling at all.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    You can't carry a loaded gun at the 1500 yet all these people unload their carry gun before they go in. Why not just leave it in the car? Unless you only have one gun I don't understand why people are bringing their carry gun.:dunno:

My carry gun stays in the holster, in the car. Any guns I am bringing to barter with are unloaded already.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    You can't carry a loaded gun at the 1500 yet all these people unload their carry gun before they go in. Why not just leave it in the car? Unless you only have one gun I don't understand why people are bringing their carry gun.:dunno:

My carry gun stays in the holster, in the car. Any guns I am bringing to barter with are unloaded already.

because it is well known that thefts can and will happen in the parking lot at the gun show. I wouldn't leave anything in the car I care to lose. :dunno:

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    So you clear your gun in front of this sign while trying not to point the barrel of the gun at anyone around? :dunno:

I believe that the sign is bullet proof and will even absorb the bullets. You can retrieve your negligent discharges when you leave.

Top Bottom