• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cree

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 28, 2016
    Lafayette
    A few pictures of the tri-topping. First picture is getting the slide indicated correctly, the second picture shows an initial cut to ensure that the indicating went well, and the last picture was taken after the final, clean-up pass.
    Thank you!

Andy Cree

20170902_204536_zpsndvebfo0.jpeg

20170903_012037_zpsprl0cahm.jpeg

20170903_020502_zps8zehtlcy.jpeg

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    Cree,

That's some fine looking machining.....do you take a climb mill pass to finish? Did you make the fixtures? Inquiring tools makes wanna know......

Aaron

Cree

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 28, 2016
    Lafayette
    Thank you llh1956 and Kurr. Kurr - the tri-top is popular with competition pistols more so than defensive pistols. It allows for material (and therefore weight) to be removed from the slide and not violate any rules, such as the USPSA Single Stack division rules where holes cannot be machined into the slide for the sole purpose of weight reduction or to gain "an advantage".

Andy

Rebel Jack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 16, 2016
    North Liberty
    Hell I wish I would have thought to record the build i'm working on now. It should be my best 1911 yet. I get into what I'm doing and forget to do the pictures and notes. Then I'm too lazy to post it anywhere people actually care. You sir, are multi-talented. Cheers.

Cree

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 28, 2016
    Lafayette
    Hell I wish I would have thought to record the build i'm working on now. It should be my best 1911 yet. I get into what I'm doing and forget to do the pictures and notes. Then I'm too lazy to post it anywhere people actually care. You sir, are multi-talented. Cheers.

Thank you. Its not to late to throw a few pictures of the remaining portion of the build on the forum! I love seeing build pics.

Andy

Cree

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 28, 2016
    Lafayette
    My kingdom for a surface grinder.... spent quite a bit of time at the granite plate making sure all of the slide's surfaces were flat. It would surprise some of you what media blasting the parts will hide after the manufacturer machines them. I stopped once the surfaces were straight and flat. I still have a lot of machining to do on this slide, so there is no use to go any further at this point. The owner wants a polished blue finish which will require a lot more work.

Thank you!

Andy Cree

20170909_034734_zps7jg5mifs.jpeg

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    I am with CM on just looking at this. That is going to look great with a polished blue. Please keep us updated and yes more photos

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Interesting cut on the ejection port. Is this finalized..??

I love the chamfer. Done that on a few of mine and wish we had done it on the last one.

Top Bottom