• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Correct unless you are a cop. Otherwise you will be asked to unholster or put it back in your vehicle and if you refuse dnr cops will come cite you for rule violations and remove you.

Cite? Are you sure its not curb-stomp and a cavity-probing search?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Our own members have experiened being told to unholster or put it in car.
    I have personally spoken to the dnr northern director on this issue and he explained it to me and the why and what will occur. Directors name is well documented on this thread unless im confusing my threads.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Our own members have experiened being told to unholster or put it in car.
    I have personally spoken to the dnr northern director on this issue and he explained it to me and the why and what will occur. Directors name is well documented on this thread unless im confusing my threads.

Sorry, Jedi, wasnt asking you for a cite (or linky thinngy). Was joking that the DNR Cop would only issue a citation and not engage in other policy actions. :)

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :facepalm:
    Ah sorry about that.
    I dont personally know any of the dnr leos so i dont know if they will go all jbt on you, general you, or not.

The single dnr leo i have seen at winamac at the annual youth event seems ok. I know some of the dnr employees DO NOT like the rule but sadly their hands are bond as this rule is coming from higher up.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    :facepalm:
    Ah sorry about that.
    I dont personally know any of the dnr leos so i dont know if they will go all jbt on you, general you, or not.

The single dnr leo i have seen at winamac at the annual youth event seems ok. I know some of the dnr employees DO NOT like the rule but sadly their hands are bond as this rule is coming from higher up.

Most Woods Cops Ive met are actually pretty decent about things. But the range guys at Roush Lake range were kind of paleolithic types.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    With all the BS rules and lack of uniformity of use of those rules at all the different ranges why do people even bother with DNR ranges. I for one will never go to a DNR Range because of all the BS associated with DNR and their ranges. I’ll stick to private ranges and gun clubs, thank you very much. LOL

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    With all the BS rules and lack of uniformity of use of those rules at all the different ranges why do people even bother with DNR ranges. I for one will never go to a DNR Range because of all the BS associated with DNR and their ranges. I’ll stick to private ranges and gun clubs, thank you very much. LOL

Well...I cannot speak for others.However the reason I go to state/public ranges( most notably being the Winamac range) is because it is what I can afford. I do not always agree with the new rules and not always fond of some of the characters that are also there, but again...its what I can afford. It guess that is why I "even bother" just my.:twocents:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

For many of us in nwi we have extremly limited choices of ranges. We just recently got a commerical indoor range in the area that allows rifles. The other 2 only handguns and of those 2 one is juat 4 lanes in a basement in the city.

Top Bottom