• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nailknocker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    In my working life, which has been some time ago, it was Carhart for outer wear, Redwing boots, and a lot of Dickey workwear. I still have some Dickey button down work shirts that I know are near 30 years old and still look fine.

None of these brands were cheap for the times and quality was great and were made here, I know that's not the case anymore. When I see a store that is filled with merchandise all branded Indonesia it conjures visions of sweatshops and child labor, which may or may not be reality.

I'm involved with the purchase of souvenir t-shirts, thousands of them, of good quality and the cost for these shirts rarely exceeds ten dollars per shirt including printing.
    So when I see shirts being sold for four or five times that amount, well, somebody's getting ripped!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Yup, I have their heavyweight stuff. Normally sweatshirt and hoodie cuffs, waist, and neck get stretched and look like bacon after a year or so. American Giant's stuff is guaranteed for life. If he ever does wear one out, you send it back and they send you a new one. But I've been wearing mine probably 150 days a year for 3 years, quite a few washes, and nothing is stretched out at all. It's like $90 for a hoodie, but I figure I'm cost neutral since I'd have trashed 3 $30 hoodies in 3 years, and this thing is still going strong. I figure it's a buy it for life type of thing with this one.....especially since they replace them if they wear out.

I guess I didn't realize (or forgot) that they are guaranteed for life. I was just so excited to finally find 100% cotton that was made in America. When I got the heavy weight crew necks for him, I was very impressed with the quality. Now that they have been worn and washed and still look great, I am sold. I would buy from them again without hesitation.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    :shady::shady: Wouldn't you prefer to have a purse, Chez?

DSC_7031.jpg

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Im turned off by their complete and total lack of photography. Yeah, I know watercolors are their schtick. I get it. But I want to SEE what I am ordering, not some (quite talented) artists rendering of the product.

Maybe I'm just weird that way.

Some things have photos on their website.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I'm always amazed at how the "made in the USA" argument plays out on the internet. I have driven a chevy or GM vehicle all my life and if it wasn't one of those it'd have been a ford. I make an honest attempt to buy USA made goods, but as soon as you buy a shirt, pair of jeans or whatever made overseas so many people rush to their foreign made keyboards, spell check on their foreign made computer screens at their foreign made desktop, or do the same on their foreign made cell phone to start lecturing about buying things made in the USA. All I can do is roll my eyes.

At the end of the day, if you don't like that Duluth makes their clothes overseas then don't buy them. if enough people freely chose that issue to be the deal breaker on their purchasing then it'll put Duluth right out of business because clearly there's so many comparable USA made competitors around. Until that time comes, I'm going to continue to buy clothes from Duluth Trading and sleep exceptionally well at night.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I dont think I have any pants from Duluth, but I do have some socks, underwear and t-shirts as well as a coat or two and some great flannel shirts. Yes, they have a relatively high initial cost, but... some of the socks and underwear are approaching if not over 10 years old. They wear and launder well.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Saw a number of returns while I was there. A friend had their $20 underwear rip while putting them on. Seemed more directed toward lumberjack hipsters than actual outdoors types.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    When there is a thread discussing Sigs, HK, CZ or similar are you anti Duluth guy the ones who chime in that one should buy a Taurus or Sccy?

Top Bottom