• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I do agree somewhat with Actaeon. I will buy American wherever I can, but I also don't get too wrapped around the axel if I can't.
    I was however pretty angry when I ordered some shirts from Duluth about a year ago.
    Everything looked great:

100% cotton (for work around really really hot stuff)
    Long sleeves (for work around sparks and such)
    Long tail (so I don't get a nasty spark down my backside)
    Sized to fit my, um... ample frame

When I received the order, I pulled it out of the pack and saw "Made in Vietnam."
    Only because I desperately needed them, did I keep them. And while the shirts have held up well, I'll never order another one.
    I don't mind buying foreign when I have to, but I'll never knowingly buy a product from Vietnam.
    I know it seems arbitrary to draw that line, but that's just my personal opinion. And that's what's great about America, you can buy what you want and make the choices yourself.

:yesway:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I know it seems arbitrary to draw that line, but that's just my personal opinion. And that's what's great about America, you can buy what you want and make the choices yourself.

I'd never fault a guy for that. We all draw a line somewhere for our own reasons.

Same reason I don't buy anything from CheaperThanDirt anymore. They're fine without my business, but I'm done with them. Some don't mind and some do. Like you said, that we have a choice in the matter is what makes America great.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I was hoping the update was that the Indiana store closed, so we could quit with the sales tax for online purchases...

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I was hoping the update was that the Indiana store closed, so we could quit with the sales tax for online purchases...

I'm beginning to think this may happen. I've been in the store twice in the evening and there weren't many customers at all. I also drive by it often and there are little or no cars in the lot. I was telling my girlfriend the other night that it may not make it.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County

I'm beginning to think this may happen. I've been in the store twice in the evening and there weren't many customers at all. I also drive by it often and there are little or no cars in the lot. I was telling my girlfriend the other night that it may not make it.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I like their stuff overall, but realistically it's way overpriced. The only way to buy any given item is when it's on sale or on special. I cannot imagine that they run the spot sales in store that they do online.

Hopefully they'll look at the numbers and realize how much online sales they've lost with the opening of the store/charging of sales tax.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    So I take it you have had good luck with their clothes fitting you then?

Damn... I think Rhino means he has had trouble getting the blood out of the shirts after he cuts himself trying to cut the tags off...

Waiting for the driving in snow retaliation remark in 3,2,1

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    So I take it you have had good luck with their clothes fitting you then?

Hey, I heard you had a set of JEEP snow tires for sale. New in the box.

Damn... I think Rhino means he has had trouble getting the blood out of the shirts after he cuts himself trying to cut the tags off...

Waiting for the driving in snow retaliation remark in 3,2,1

We are a predictable group.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I bought a pair of fire hose bibs at the end of last winter at a clearance sale. I just regularly started wearing them. They are uninsulated and I am very surprised as to how warm they are. I really would not recommend them for when it is over 65 degrees as they are just too warm. They are great out in the wind much warmer than my traditional denim bibs.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I received a 100 dollar gift certificate for duluth for christmas and finally spent it. I saw these winter bibs reduced from 170 to 110 with free shipping and they arrived 2 days ago. I already have a pair of the tip of the line carrhart artic bibs which are very oversized and wanted these to just fit over my undies. My carrharts are 38x30 and these are Mediums x 30. I couldn't be happier with them. They have a zipper fly which the carrharts don't. It is hard to make a direct comparison because the carrharts are so loose fitting but these feel at least as warm as them.

It took me 3 tries to buy them. they would take my order and then cancel it saying they are out of stock. I would go back the next day with them showing in stock again and order them. The hassle was more than worth the reward. https://www.duluthtrading.com/store/mens/mens-sale-mens-clearance/14010.aspx?processor=content

Top Bottom