• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    1. Thanks! I think I've seen this article before when this is discussed and the points are all well-done from both view points.

0ojjm3xRFMAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

QFT

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    No matter how long the reply is he still only get credit for one post!

I don't think he has a problem with being a prolific poster... and by his standards, that's not an excessively long post, though if it were numbered I might be able to get through it easier, or at least know when he got to bullet point 3 so I knew when to stop reading. :stickpoke:

Last edited:

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    My point, that was lost in the sh@t storm of text is that emphasis on training rather than an active safety to prevent an ND is probably a prudent decision.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    My point, that was lost in the sh@t storm of text is that emphasis on training rather than an active safety to prevent an ND is probably a prudent decision.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

QFT, and that is how I operate, however, I have no issues with someone wanting an active safety. I reiterate to them that relying on it, to protect them from unsafe behavior is a mistake and will end badly.
    Someone who chooses to carry a gun with an active safety, does need to train with it as well until it becomes muscle memory and part of their SOP in gun handling.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Faff
    Top Bottom