• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    Not that I need anymore G19s or G17s but....ill be picking up one of each if they do. I have very large hands and don't mind the grooves but would like a no groove frame.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    If this is a rebadged 17M/19M you will find the following changes from previous generations....

Same trigger configuration as the G42/G43 (upscaled)
    Same firing pin safety as the G42/G43 (upscaled)
    Flared magwell
    No finger grooves
    Ambi slide stop
    DLC coating
    Chamfered nose on the slide
    Longer recoil spring than previous 9mm pistols
    Different rifling (combo of polygonal & traditional)
    Thicker RSA tab on the slide

If....

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    Single stack .40 lol. Why in the hell,would they make a gun very few people would buy? People, police, feds, are dumping their FO-tays like they're a mullet. You can buy police trade in gen4 glocks in. 40 for $300, and even less for older gens.

i think you hit that idea right on the head. I dont see a company releasing a new product that is based on a round that is getting phased out in most cases.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    If this is a rebadged 17M/19M you will find the following changes from previous generations....

Flared magwell
    No finger grooves
    Ambi slide stop
    DLC coating

If....

Thanks for laying it out. I want one so bad. I doubt that glock will sell something exclusively to the police and not the market but it is glock and they are dicks.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Flared magwell
    No finger grooves
    Ambi slide stop
    DLC coating

If....

I'm quite impressed with the 17M. If it is a rebadge, I'll probably be in the market for a 26 at some point, maybe a 19. The only thing I would change on the "M" is a bit more aggressive texture.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    It's a ceaseless 9.5 mm handgun based on the g19 with ammo pre-loaded in single use 18 shot magazines. That is the only to way protect the ammo. The ammo/ magazines are shipped 10 to box or 900 rounds to a case.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Thanks for laying it out. I want one so bad. I doubt that glock will sell something exclusively to the police and not the market but it is glock and they are dicks.

If this release is what I hope it is, I will have a Gen 5 G19 on order the day they are announced. I believe the 17M is the best pistol they've ever produced and I want a compact model.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    If this release is what I hope it is, I will have a Gen 5 G19 on order the day they are announced. I believe the 17M is the best pistol they've ever produced and I want a compact model.
    I'm conservatively excited about this pistol!?! I too will order a couple 3 19's, as well as a 17, maybe two. I recently picked up a 34, and would probably buy a Gen5/MHS/GenM clone of that as well. (Ceptin' for the MHS stoopid switch, don't want no dang'd off switch on me gat!)

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Lucas Botkin the owner of trexarms said he got to go see and shoot the new gen5 recently and he said while he couldn't talk about it, it wasn't anything super exciting for him at all. He said just very minor little things here and there, which almost sounded like a gen3 to 4 jump with maybe less change...

I just want the RTF2 to come back in the GEN4 frame (read big mag release and minimally smaller thickness) without finger groves! I feel like that would give me everything I could want out of a glock pistol... I'd buy at least two 19's and at least two 17's set up like that.
    I feel like that is what everyone is trying to accomplish with all of this aftermarket stippling and stuff. Other than the fact now I feel like half of it is just people who think it looks cool which is funny on its own.

Top Bottom