• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    And I bet the coating sucks just as bad as the rest of the Gen 3/4 that Lipsey's had done, was glad to get rid of mine. A quick Google search will show what a crap coating job it is...

I have one that started scratching on the end the week after I got it. That was 2 years ago or close. It's held up overall pretty good though since that and i Actually use my carry guns and don't baby it it's even been tossed around and stomped on too.
    Mine just has the slide cerekoted and the polymer is molded FDE. I wouldn't trust a cerekoted frame though. And I'm not even a fan of the cerekoted at all. At the time the one i have was the only fde available but now I've seen some with the standard black slide. Id buy one of those if i found one

GlockDoc

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Henry
    Vandalia Range and Armory in Ohio, is one of 100 shops selected to unveil the new glocks. Expecting delivery Thursday but Glock has been very hush hush about what it is to this point.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    This will open new doors for glock though if they release a version with the safety. If it's tan and like the one used in the Army trials then I'll buy it even with the safety. I'm sure I can probably remove it if I decide to carry it.
    I'm still hoping though that this is the same version the FBI and the cops are getting

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    From a business view I cant believe they didnt release a thumb safety model years ago. It would open up the market to a lot of people. I hear it all the time

Of course YOU hear it, but Glock has always been deaf, or they at least have selective hearing.

Glock did not introduce a single stack 9mm until S&W had sold nearly a million Shields, even though their fan base had screamed for years for just such a handgun.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    If that is what they release I won't be buying one. I don't need a thumb safety on a pistol, I got out of the Army 20 years ago.
    Why wouldn't it be, Glock has a habit of coming to market with nothing it's customers want!? I too will skip it if it's this nonsense!

ETA: ^^^^^^guess I should have read all of the posts before quoting!

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Why wouldn't it be, Glock has a habit of coming to market with nothing it's customers want!? I too will skip it if it's this nonsense!

ETA: ^^^^^^guess I should have read all of the posts before quoting!

I'm interested in the M variations but I wouldn't be interested in the MHS, I don't want a G17 gripped gun with a G19 slide.

Rebel Jack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 16, 2016
    North Liberty
    The possibility of ambidextrous controls (left handed) coupled with a fingerless grip got me all hot under the collar a few months back, but if they gimp it out with that thumb switch, I'll stick with my gen 3 17. Really hoping they go back to the slide treatment they used to have. I've gouged doorways and concrete hand rails with my gun on my hip and it doesn't have a scratch. The gen 4 17? I put a scratch on it with my fingernail in the first week. Rubbish.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    If it has a safety, I won't be buying it, if its a 17, I won't be buying it.

I just want a new 19 preferably with no finger grooves. Til then I'll keep using my gen 3s and 4s

Top Bottom