• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Jumping the shark. The phrase was coined when the Happy Day's franchise did a run of episodes at the beach and Fonzie, replete in shorts and a leather jacket, ski jumps a shark tank as a stunt. Jumping the shark is now any time all good ideas have been exhausted and, in lieu of true innovation, we get the ridiculous and impractical.

jumping-the-shark.jpg

Some gun manufacturers that seem to have jumped the shark. Agree or disagree, post what ya see.

The Mossberg 500 Chainsaw
    Mossberg-500-Chainsaw-2.jpg

Mossberg 464 Tactical Lever
    Mossberg464SPXTactical.jpg

Mossberg Roadblocker (I think these were recalled due to pellets ejecting back toward the shooter. At least one series of them...)
    Mossberg_Roadblocker.jpg

How about rainbow Sigs? :n00b:

P238-Rainbow-detail-Hero.jpg

Felt like your mancard got pulled for that rainbow Sig. (It did.) Get it back with a full shot of testosterone with a Sig that looks a bit too much your toolbox. Diamond Plate finish. :laugh:

Team-SIG-Feb-2011.jpg

Whatcha got?

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Wow, that is the first I have heard of the "tactical:rolleyes: lever action". Im speachless.

Really? Gunsite did a comparate study (vs. the AK47) of the underlever 25 years ago.

Uncle Jeff called the Winchester 94 in .30-30 the "Gunsite Police Rifle".

Thunder Ranch has had classes dedicated to lever guns. In fact someone here on INGO (someone I may know *whistles*) has taken Urban Rifle classes with underlevers.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Let's not forget all of those "ban era" guns that had to pick and chose their evil features.
    Pump action ARs and AKs, single stack AKs, fixed mag ARs, thumb hole stocks, filled in M1a flash hiders, ect.

But the one that takes the cake for me:
    olyarmsoa-98pistol.jpg

Yes that's an OA-93 cut down to less than 50oz to meet the requirements I the ATF at the time.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Let's not forget all of those "ban era" guns that had to pick and chose their evil features.
    Pump action ARs and AKs, single stack AKs, fixed mag ARs, thumb hole stocks, filled in M1a flash hiders, ect.

But the one that takes the cake for me:
    olyarmsoa-98pistol.jpg

Yes that's an OA-93 cut down to less than 50oz to meet the requirements I the ATF at the time.

Personally, I don't find doing something odd to a firearm to get around idiotic bans to fit in the same catagory as those hideous Mossbergs shown above.

Top Bottom