• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    As far as people chuckling about the lever gun. I commend gun companies trying something new but new shouldnt mean throwing zombies or tactical on something to sell it. I believe the lever gun in a handgun caliber could be a great choice defensively especially if you own a handgun in that caliber. When people think of a defensive carbine you have your AKs and ARs but dont scuff at the lever gun. 45lc or 44 mag would rock a perps world

snowman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Bremen, IN
    Pretty much anything made on Sons of Guns......:rolleyes:

Amen to that, I can't stand that show.

I you recall your history, I thinK the M16/AR15 would have came in this list in 1962, known as a plastic rifle and such. But today about everyone in the thread probibly owns one. I guess time will tell what sticks and what doesn't.

ShootinDave

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Any body see the 'Silver plated,engraved,diamond grip,custom machined' 1911 the owner gave his wife on American Guns.
    That one fell in the tank

Bane_FTW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Wabash County
    hk47.jpg

mylittleponycarbine.jpg

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    The Mossberg tactical lever and the chainsaw are both bad. This isn't a company trying to be creative, that is just pure stupidity.

The whole zombie slayer idea is kind of cool. But not on an LCP. Give me a break!

ruger%20zombie%20slayer.jpg

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    In a few years the same people trashing some of these guns will pay 3x the original msrp to get one because it is now a rare collectible. Gun writers will devote many columns on why these "innovative" guns were ahead of their time. And we, the gun buying public, were not smart enough to appreciate them.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Hey now ... the tactical levergun isn't jumping the shark if done properly:

Krinkov004.jpg

[/IMG]

This one I like. I think a lever gun is a very practical firearm to own. But some of the modifications shown, like rails on the forearm, just don't do it for me. What I like about my lever gun is that it is light and balance right in the middle of the gun making it easy to carry.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Maybe the third one from the bottom.

Don't get me wrong. It's not the idea but the implementation that made me include that dawg-ugly lever 464.

I'll skip the overused "tactical" word and just say tricked out. Nuthing wrong with a tricked out lever gun. Grizzly Customs does some AMAZING work.

n1101353000_30339017_6651.jpg

grizzly_custom_guns_marlin_1895g_for_sale_3_640.jpg

One of the sexiest guns I've ever seen.
    lever_pkg_right_1.jpg

I'll get a 45-70 Guide Gun one of these days. In the meantime, I've got a lil Rossi 92 .44 Magnum Trapper and an inherited 30-30 Winchester 94. I wouldn't feel underarmed with either and might even prefer either, under certain situations.

IMG_9712.jpg

A 30-30 was the rednecks AR in the South and darned effective in the brushy, scrubby Appalachians. (Yeah, yeah. I know. I pictured the .44 with the AR but you get the picture.)

IMG_9723a.jpg

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

yenningcomity

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    The mare's leg predates the happy days episode by quite a bit so you cannot say it jumped the shark.

That aside originally I think they came out to satisfy demand from fans of the various shows and movies they have been featured in. The other guns featured in this thread are being sold more as a usable item then a toy.

As far as usable applications I cannot see it doing anything I revolver can, but I will say that I want one as a toy.

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    The mare's leg predates the happy days episode by quite a bit so you cannot say it jumped the shark.

That aside originally I think they came out to satisfy demand from fans of the various shows and movies they have been featured in. The other guns featured in this thread are being sold more as a usable item then a toy.

As far as usable applications I cannot see it doing anything I revolver can, but I will say that I want one as a toy.

as do I but im gonna go the Rossi route with the 357 as its cheaper and cheaper to feed than the Henry big boy Mares leg (45lc) actually the 22 mares leg comes in at the cheapest but im happy with 357 being a toy

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    as do I but im gonna go the Rossi route with the 357 as its cheaper and cheaper to feed than the Henry big boy Mares leg (45lc) actually the 22 mares leg comes in at the cheapest but im happy with 357 being a toy

I have the 22 mares leg and can only say its anything but a shark jumper. It is a genuinely fun gun to shoot. Plus its still something of a rarity/novelty, so it tends to draw crowds at ranges.

Zephri

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis, Northside.
    My wife would be inconsolable if she saw that her beloved Rainbow Titanium Sig P238 was on the list. Just showing her Sig to friends and family has sold more Sigs than you might think. People, especially women, just seem to go ga-ga over it.

p238rainbow.jpg

Ever since I sold my Lcp (and before I bought one), I've been wanting one of these (never knew they had one in rainbow though). Dunno why but I'm a sucker for odd color guns, really wish the lcp I had was purple, but a Rainbow P238? I'd hit it. ;) :rockwoot:

Top Bottom