• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Yeah, I played with a Rhino yesterday at the 1500 and the thing just feels great in the hand.

It makes ya feel kinda dirty, doesn't it? :): Good gawd, that thing felt awesome. All of the range reports give the snubnose one firing full-house .357 as feeling like a j-frame with 38s due to the recoil characteristics.

Nope... I'm not an anime geek trying to relive some Mateba fetish. I want one because of how it feels. In fact, I kinda want one bad. :rolleyes:

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Kel Tec is starting to:

kel-tec2.jpg

Truth be told, I wouldn't mind one of these for pack gun or to go in cache bag.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    My wife would be inconsolable if she saw that her beloved Rainbow Titanium Sig P238 was on the list. Just showing her Sig to friends and family has sold more Sigs than you might think. People, especially women, just seem to go ga-ga over it.

p238rainbow.jpg

The Rhino has made the list, but unless you have actually shot one, I would suggest that you reserve judgement. Although I think the Rhino is pretty darn ugly, it is still the easiest shooting .357 Magnum I have ever experienced. The recoil is less than most full-sized 9mm's that I've shot, and is actually pleasant to shoot. I have never found any other .357 Magnum to be pleasant to shoot... It just seems counter intuitive. Easy shooting and .357 Magnum should never be used in the same sentence. It is a brilliant piece of engineering.

18-Yards off-hand
    rhinon.jpg

Last edited:

.45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Really? Gunsite did a comparate study (vs. the AK47) of the underlever 25 years ago.

Uncle Jeff called the Winchester 94 in .30-30 the "Gunsite Police Rifle".

Thunder Ranch has had classes dedicated to lever guns. In fact someone here on INGO (someone I may know *whistles*) has taken Urban Rifle classes with underlevers.

I have shot AR-15s and AK-47s and even though my .30-30 holds a lot less ammo, I am far more accurate with it. So I, too, am a BIG fan of lever guns over the modern military rifle.

yenningcomity

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009

I am going to disagree. The guy that designed my mateba designed that. It is a little out there, but there are valid reasons for his choices. All his designs going back 30+ years are very strange, but great for what they were intended.

I will not defend chiappa's poor manufacturing. I picked one up at the 1500 and saw some **** poor quality.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I seen one of the Mossberg 500 Chainsaws at the 1500 yesterday, buddy picked it up, looked at me like this :n00b: and quickly put it back down.

Salesman at that booth was on us like a duck on a June Bug, proclaiming "Make ya deal on that"

I proudly replied back, wanting to get rid of that turd huh? Walked away as he was nodding yes, I told him good luck.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    I am going to disagree. The guy that designed my mateba designed that. It is a little out there, but there are valid reasons for his choices. All his designs going back 30+ years are very strange, but great for what they were intended.

I will not defend chiappa's poor manufacturing. I picked one up at the 1500 and saw some **** poor quality.

Would that include missing screws that you have to pay a machinist to make?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Interesting design, but price-wise, it looks like they're up in 1911 territory (not RIA 1911's either). :spend:

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    What sets this rifle apart is the ugly cobbknockered M-4 stock. If it had a regular configuration black stock, it might not be too bad.

I can see a need for a tactical lever action in a ban state. But this is not the way to do it.

The rail on the forearm leaves no place for your hand if you mount any accessories. It needs to be moved forward.

Mossberg464SPXTactical.jpg

Last edited:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Salesman at that booth was on us like a duck on a June Bug, proclaiming "Make ya deal on that"

I proudly replied back, wanting to get rid of that turd huh? Walked away as he was nodding yes, I told him good luck.
    You didn't think quickly enough...
    Shoulda gone down like this:

Salesguy: "Make ya a deal on that"
    IB: Great! How much ya gonna give me to take it of yer hands??"
    :D

Top Bottom