SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    Last edited:

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    This whole trigger pull thing sucks. I am going to leave mine alone for now but I sure would like to benefit from the shortened take up and reset that a powder river drop in kit would get me. If this is good for production the rest of the divisions are only a vote or two away.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Instead of stippling my gen3 G34, I went with the TruGrip tape from:
    TruGripUSA.com

I'm trying to decide if I want to stipple or use tape. I hate tape and every time I've used it I've epoxied it in place, making it semi permanent. I like the stippling on my open gun, but that's just a grip swap vs having to replace a frame should I not like it or the BOD decide to not allow stippling...

But I'll have to do something... In practice yesterday I had good control, but felt I was over gripping a bit to keep it from moving around in my hands.

So far I'm thinking
    1. Sights
    2. Stippling on the flats on the sides
    3. Reduced striker spring
    4. Possibly reduced recoil spring
    5. Smaller mag release
    6. Smaller slide release

-rvb

squirrelhntr

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    n.w. indiana
    I also switched from a 92FS to a G34 then a G17 after 24 yrs. Sold the 92FS no regrets. Not that I don't like the Beretta just like the Glock better sol. Have you tried a shooters glove ? :twocents: & :twocents: = :twocents::twocents:

Last edited:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    one thing I also want to do is work on my holster and mag carriers and extend them from the belt like I've seen Daturbokat and others do.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Tried the g17 mag release in dry fire last night. Liked it, but there were a few times I didnt get the button pushed enough to drop the mag. when it worked, it was no slower. More dryfire needed...
    -rvb

sv40sw45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    South Indiana
    Bill you are like I am, we will never see 200 again let alone 180. I got a set of plastic grips for the CZ 75 and stippled them, big improvement over the rubber grips. I have had 17's, 34's,M&P's, Sig 226 and none of them compare to the heavier CZ 75. I like a heavier gun because all my other guns are heavy.STI 5' Open gun with 30 rds. is heavy,STI Edge is heavy and STI trojan SS is heavy. The CZ is like shooting a 1911 in Production class. Of course you can buy 2 17's for what the CZ 75 from the custom shop costs.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    "Glock Perfection" my ass. So far 3 ejection failures in <1k rounds. Fanboys, defend yourselves!

-rvb

Define "ejection failure".

Also, I run a 13lb non-captured recoil spring in my G34, with a tungsten guide rod. I like the way the gun handles with that config.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Define "ejection failure".

Also, I run a 13lb non-captured recoil spring in my G34, with a tungsten guide rod. I like the way the gun handles with that config.

Cases xtracted, new round tries to feed, but the old case hasn't cleared the breech. Stove piped once, the other times case was horizontal top center of the chamber (once facing forward and once facing backwards).

Ejection is not consistent... There is no pattern.

13lb recoil spring, factory guide rod w the end broke off.

-rvb

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Cases xtracted, new round tries to feed, but the old case hasn't cleared the breech. Stove piped once, the other times case was horizontal top center of the chamber (once facing forward and once facing backwards).

-rvb

Sounds like the ejector isn't doing its job very well, or the extractor isn't getting a good bite on the spent casing.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)

-rvb

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Sounds like the ejector isn't doing its job very well, or the extractor isn't getting a good bite on the spent casing.

Agreed.

If I try to "flip" a live round out (which was my habit at the end of a stage), it just dribbles out, no matter how hard I work the slide. Typical? Or should it get some hang time?

Extractor looks easy to swap, how about the ejector? Quick glance looks to be tricky. Can it be tuned like a 1911?

-rvb

Top Bottom