• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    You would think this should have come up as an issue prior to the wedding...

Seems like something that should have been gone over/considered prior to marriage..

This. Should have been brought up before.
    Now, disagreeing on amount of future spending on guns/ammo, I can understand.
    But wait till you get married, THEN make a demand...

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Upgrade his Man Card!!! Hand her the pancake flipper... cook, don't talk. As for the guns... they were here before you, and will be here after you. Yeah you can try the Safe talk, but she will find it useful after the divorce ink dries. Put her diamond inside. Good luck poor dude. You are sunk. Swim away.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    One word: annulment. The longer he hangs around, the worse it will get. Others above have questioned why this wasn't gone over before the ceremony. To quote Hillary: "what difference, at this point, does it make?"

If he doesn't get out now, he will have a lifetime of regret. A little bit of pain for a lifetime of freedom. (assuming he learns from his mistakes)

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I don't feel sorry for your friend. Maybe that sounds heartless, but too many people today don't take marriage seriously and walk into it like a joke. Life isn't some Disney movie when you meet and 5 minutes later get married and live happily ever after. If you want to advise your buddy on a plan "B" option. Tell him to sit down with his wife and have a genuine talk about it. A real marriage shouldn't be throw away like a used paper towel, and a real marriage is something to be respected and honored.

Show your buddy this guys video, and have him watch it with his wife. By far the absolute best marriage advice I've ever heard and I only wish I'd have watched this with my wife 10 years ago. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=814eR5K7KD8&t=85s

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    Reminds me of 1970. A friend got married and they took a weekend Honeymoon. Sunday evening when they got home his new MIL had moved into his Guest Room ( his house, 100% paid for). He promptly threw both of them out! The Judge saw things his way and Annulled the Marriage. This "Get rid of the Guns" is only the start, he needs to cut his Losses Now!

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I'm sorry, did he meet her before the wedding?

No sympathy...and oaths come before rights.

Exactly. So if she knew he had guns before they married and did not discuss the issue with him before, then SHE needs to decide if she can keep her oath, not him.

IF he knew she would demand he get rid of them when they were married then the onus is on him.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Maybe it's a test????

"Honey if you love me get rid of all your guns."

Then when he goes to sell them the wife tells him it was a test and he can keep them all. :dunno:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Exactly. So if she knew he had guns before they married and did not discuss the issue with him before, then SHE needs to decide if she can keep her oath, not him.

IF he knew she would demand he get rid of them when they were married then the onus is on him.

This is a good point. Who changed? Assuming he was above board and she knew what she was moving into, this change of heart is deceptive.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    This scenario is played out all the time. Everything is peachy keen fun and frolic until the ring is snugged up into position. Then the fangs come out.

2nd marriage. No guns involved just the fangs that were not visible in the courtship. And she was pretty. Very much so.

Being a friend is what you have to do HMH.
    If he has to sell I am sure we can help....:cool:

In my brother's case with his second wife, I think it was until whatever they give you for bi-polar disorder, her prescription ran out.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I have a feeling that she's a diabolical *****.
    I'll hold his guns for him so he'll have them when she's done her evil and disappeared.

Yep. Dont forget to buy them at $20 each and let him play with his expat toys whenever he wants.

"Here you go honey. I sold them all. You can even have all the money. Here. "
    (excited) "WOW! OK! We can go buy... Hey, there's only $300 here! WHAT THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO SPEND THIS ON?!?!? I THOUGHT ID HAVE THOUSANDS!!!!"
    "Sorry, babe. Its all I could get. The market is soft and you wanted them gone like NOW. I had no choice. I did exactly what you told me to."

:):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You guys that can't believe this never came up, have you met women today? Of course she knew. Just as she probably knew this would be a deal breaker, so she kept quiet till she had him locked down.

Is it too late for an annulment before she takes half better? Because eventually this kind of women will.

If he was well established when she walked in she should only leave with what she brought to the deal. Kids change that dynamic.

A vow should be honored if both party's enter into it with open honesty as partners. To deceive and then take the reins from your partner is not in my eyes "For better or for worse"
    Better is self defining. Worse is illness in any form, financial issues etc and so on. Lies and deceit as to who you are and what your intentions do not enter into it.

Having not followed my own advice I will just say we all need to choose wisely. This is for life.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yep. Dont forget to buy them at $20 each and let him play with his expat toys whenever he wants.

"Here you go honey. I sold them all. You can even have all the money. Here. "
    (excited) "WOW! OK! We can go buy... Hey, there's only $300 here! WHAT THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO SPEND THIS ON?!?!? I THOUGHT ID HAVE THOUSANDS!!!!"
    "Sorry, babe. Its all I could get. The market is soft and you wanted them gone like NOW. I had no choice. I did exactly what you told me to."

:):

I kind of like the way you think.....:):

Top Bottom