• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    WOW yeah I just watched that again, had to back up my DVR to make sure I head that correctly, NBC at it's best.

"Handguns do not enhance our safety, they exacerbate our flaws, tempt us to escalate arguments, and bait us into embracing confrontation rather than avoiding it"

-- Bob Costas quoting Jason Whitlock article which he states he said it so well he might as well just paraphrase the article.

Last edited:

msr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 25, 2011
    Indianapolis - Broad Ripple
    Sunday Night Football

Did anyone just hear Bob Costas' diatribe blaming the accessibility of handguns on the murder/homocide of the KC Chiefs player? Incredible... A football game is not the place to politicize. I guess I shouldn't be surprised considering it's the MSM...

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    looks like old episodes of Walking Dead for me.... too bad you cant record it and upload it, but for those who recorded it, can you please qoute what that asshat said???

cardio1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 5, 2012
    South of Paradise
    Sunday Night Football and Gun Control

During halftime, the sad issue of the Kansas City pro football player was brought up. The analyst stated that guns were "not helpful" and if there were "no guns" both of these people would be alive.
    The "gun" is always the problem......never the person(s) with the gun. :(

If there were no knives?
    If there were no hands?

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I just heard the looser announcer on Sunday Night Football say the problem with guns is, when we have guns, we look for confrontations instead of avoiding them, and if we didn't have guns, that KC Chiefs player & his girl friend would still be alive.

What a sorry P.O.S. He is saying that all of us gun owners (and the rest of America, if they ever get a gun), can't help ourselves, and if we do have a gun, then we are just itching for someone to cross us.

That liberal pansy doesn't realize that that psycho would have killed his GF with some other weapon, if he didn't have a gun.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Yelp, i just posted this in the other thread about the article he was quoting. Should have started a new one, I guess. Good call...

For those that don't watch football, they just read the part about the handguns being irrelevant for defense and only useful to escalate otherwise harmless situations into deadly ones during halftime of Sunday Night Football. My blood is BOILING!!! He started with saying how much he agreed with an article and then he quoted it. Truly pathetic to insert their pathetic agenda into an NFL game's halftime broadcast.

He better hope that he makes it out of Texas after a comment like that...

Last edited:

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    RANT ON... won't change how i sleep tonight, or the nights to come.
    it only takes one pooper to make the porta-potty stink!

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Whitlock is a moron and not just because of his thoughts on firearms. I do have to say that Brady Quinn sounds like a pretty decent guy even though I wouldn't want him as the starting QB on a team that I follow.

Top Bottom