• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • us_agent

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Just watched it after The Walking Dead ended. Yelled STFU at the tv. Not the most mature thing to do I suppose but hey I didn't lose my mind and have a moment of domestic violence or kill anybody. Guess I'm not being a productive member to the stereotypical gun culture that effects our country today. Or maybe I know how to keep a cool head and not take actions that would be detrimental to myself or my family.

Quad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    My wife just got to hear my rant on Bob Costas spouting this drivel while we are sitting here watching SNF. Like he wouldn't have used a knife, or a bat, or etc....

:facepalm:

I can't stand idiots :noway:

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    he was an NFL football player for God sakes, and a rather strong one at that.
    he could've used his hands and done it just as easily.
    :whistle:
    i have to stop. my blood pressure is probably high enough as it is.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    There is so much fail in that article on so many levels. He blames everything (guns, football, commissioner, coaches, etc) but the person responsible, and expects that all of us should bend to the actions of one crazy person's actions.

I only read a few of the comments, but had to stop after the one who referred to it as a tragic accident... really, an accident?

It seems that the media likes to remove responsibility from everyone for their actions if it suits their agenda.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Tragic, yes. Accident, no.

The muder/suicide was indeed tragic but it sure wasn't an accident. What I am most upset about is Costas was allowed to take advantage of a tragic event to forward a political position. That is despicable regardless of a person's stance on gun ownership. I believe the NFL and NBC owe an apology, not just to millions of law-abiding gun owners, but to their entire audience. Costas should be fired!

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    The muder/suicide was indeed tragic but it sure wasn't an accident. What I am most upset about is Costas was allowed to take advantage of a tragic event to forward a political position. That is despicable regardless of a person's stance on gun ownership. I believe the NFL and NBC owe an apology, not just to millions of law-abiding gun owners, but to their entire audience. Costas should be fired!

Most of the time it just sounds like Costas is reading off a teleprompter. I'm not sure I've heard him come out with an original thought in years.

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    i knew there was a reason i do not participate in the league's funding. i originally thought it was just because i do not have enough of an attention span to watch 13 minutes of action unfold over 2-3 hours, but lately, the more and more i see in the news, the more i realize that was only half of it, the other half is that the league is full of idiots.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    Here is the negative comment that I have sent to the NFL.

I am writing in regards to Bob Costa's speaking of Jason Whitlocks article which is posted on FOX Sports. The article shows the ignorance of those that consider themselves educated. His article states "We’d prefer to avoid seriously reflecting upon the absurdity of the prevailing notion that the second amendment somehow enhances our liberty rather than threatens it." Without the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America to keep the central government in check within the Republic, all other amendments, and even the Constitution itself would be moot. This includes the First Amendment, which any organization that is in any way involved with the media holds dear. Any college freshman that has taken American History should understand this concept. The use of the National Football League, and NBC, to advance an anti-gun agenda to one of the largest television audiences in this nation is completely inappropriate in my opinion, and in the opinion of my family and friends. At this time, I refuse to support the National Football League, NBC, and any affiliates.
    Thank You.
    Michael Burke
    SFC, US Army (Retired)

I don't do the facebook thing, so this is my only option to let them know I will just watch DVD's until baseball season starts. Well, I guess there is also IU basketball.:rolleyes:

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Interesting thought... If the girlfriend had a gun, she may still be alive... Other than that, she could have never defended herself from a much larger, stronger NFL linebacker. He only needed his hands to end her life, if he wanted to.

spqr

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Zionsville
    My wife and I just listened to Bob Costas and were utterly amazed that the NFL would allow such a blatant anti-gun rant by that idiot! How hypocritical that a sport based on violence doesn't accept any responsibility for the numerous acts of violence (spousal abuse, dog abuse, bar fights, etc...) instigated by its athletes, but chooses to affirm it's anti-gun views based on the actions of an obviously disturbed human being! This was a tragedy, but it was the actions of a person, not the actions of a firearm that caused the tragedy!

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Here is the clip of Bob Costas politicizing a tragedy during halftime.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOi7If0zW9s[/ame]

Top Bottom