• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Unlike the Democrats who will call you a racist and sick the DOJ, the IRS, the unions, the press, and the ACLU on you. Or the Libertarians who will claim they want to kick your ass and yell a lot but have instructed their buddy to hold them back no matter what. "You're lucky I can't reach you!"

I don't think this is so much a political issue as it is a human issue. Mr J just takes every opportunity he can to slam the (R)s. Strange that he doesn't seem to have the same venom for the (D)s.
    Find me any dems in power in the Hamilton County area that are driving small business away and I'll gladly slam them into the ground. Hamilton is a bastion of republicans and they consistently show their true colours here. Suck it up, buttercup. Reps are barely distinguishable for their dem buddies.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I never said Democrats were great, in fact they drive me nuts too. I just think it's funny how people on this forum especially expound the virtues of the Republican party as the champion of small business owners and smaller government when they legislate JUST AS MUCH as the Democrats, and even throw in their own "morality" on top of it.

Unlike the Democrats who will call you a racist and sick the DOJ, the IRS, the unions, the press, and the ACLU on you. Or the Libertarians who will claim they want to kick your ass and yell a lot but have instructed their buddy to hold them back no matter what. "You're lucky I can't reach you!"

I don't think this is so much a political issue as it is a human issue. Mr J just takes every opportunity he can to slam the (R)s. Strange that he doesn't seem to have the same venom for the (D)s.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Yeah, but it is well-deserved venom in this case.

Living up to the Stupid Party label. Geez, come on, Hamilton County, live up to the rhetoric once in a while.

I'm not saying these guys are in the right, I'm saying it probably has nothing to do with their party affiliation. I am willing to wager that the Prince Reibus has no idea what these guys were up to. It was just people protecting their own interests, whatever those are. My point about you, Mr J is not limited to this thread. MY point is that the Dems do all kinds of stupid and for some reason you only ever seem to point out the Republican errors. I'm not affiliated with any of these parties including the greatly hypocritical Libertarian party (how many times have we heard; "yeah they are a libertarian, but the don't speak for the party..." whereas every republican seems to represent his parties evils. As far asI'm concerned every party is FOS. I just like to keep it real instead acting like my party is the paragon of virtue and right.

Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    The best hot dogs and brats in town is a cart at 16th and Emerson. Garcia is the mans name. He has homemade chili sauce, pico, also home made and any other topping you may want. He makes a mean Chicago style dog. He will pile on the toppings and at $3.00 to $3.50 it is well worth it. My favorite is a Chili cheese !!!

Streck-Fu

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Noblesville
    OP, is this your comment on the article?

Kevin FAugust 14, 2013 3:18 PM
    Isn't Noblesville heavily Republican? I thought the Republicans were all about capitalism, free enterprise and less government restrictions and barriers? Am I wrong?

I agree that the fee is excessive and a few food trucks would not hurt established eateries.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I never said Democrats were great, in fact they drive me nuts too. I just think it's funny how people on this forum especially expound the virtues of the Republican party as the champion of small business owners and smaller government when they legislate JUST AS MUCH as the Democrats, and even throw in their own "morality" on top of it.
    Find me a post from someone with more than a junior high comprehension of American politics who actively supports Republicans on this forum. The problem lies in the idiotic presumption by libertarians that anything but absolute loyalty to the libertarian cause is the functional equivalent of a card-carrying Republican. Only slightly less idiotic is the belief that a vote for a Republican makes one a Republican.

I'm not saying these guys are in the right, I'm saying it probably has nothing to do with their party affiliation. I am willing to wager that the Prince Reibus has no idea what these guys were up to. It was just people protecting their own interests, whatever those are. My point about you, Mr J is not limited to this thread. MY point is that the Dems do all kinds of stupid and for some reason you only ever seem to point out the Republican errors. I'm not affiliated with any of these parties including the greatly hypocritical Libertarian party (how many times have we heard; "yeah they are a libertarian, but the don't speak for the party..." whereas every republican seems to represent his parties evils. As far asI'm concerned every party is FOS. I just like to keep it real instead acting like my party is the paragon of virtue and right.
    What a ****ty time to be unable to rep you. Because we know if the Dems had been responsible for this, we wouldn't know about it from MrJ.

(Pssst, he does a pretty good job of patting the Dems on the back too. Though to be fair, he did add the qualifier "for once," implying it was a rarity.)

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    On topic: everyone north of 96th Street is so caught up in their own "my **** don't stink" belief that I am not the least bit surprised. Food trucks are not image compliant. I used to live in Homeplace (my grandparents were "settlers" there) and the few years I spent in the Carmel and surrounding areas were pure hell. A more snobbish, priggish group of people I have never met.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    OP, is this your comment on the article?

I agree that the fee is excessive and a few food trucks would not hurt established eateries.

Nope, I didn't comment on the article but I don't disagree with the poster. Hamilton county reps are hypocrites through and through, as I get to see all the time.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    When I was younger and living at home with my parents in a Chicago suburb I bought a brand new 1998 Dodge Dakota pickup truck. First night I parked it in the driveway I got a warning ticket. Apparently it was illegal to park pickup trucks in your driveway as they "brought down the image" of the neighborhood. We had a choice, I had to park it inside the garage (at my parents house which they weren't happy about giving up) or spend $500 to get the council to consider repealing the law.

Needless to say, I moved.

On topic: everyone north of 96th Street is so caught up in their own "my **** don't stink" belief that I am not the least bit surprised. Food trucks are not image compliant. I used to live in Homeplace (my grandparents were "settlers" there) and the few years I spent in the Carmel and surrounding areas were pure hell. A more snobbish, priggish group of people I have never met.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Find me a post from someone with more than a junior high comprehension of American politics who actively supports Republicans on this forum. The problem lies in the idiotic presumption by libertarians that anything but absolute loyalty to the libertarian cause is the functional equivalent of a card-carrying Republican. Only slightly less idiotic is the belief that a vote for a Republican makes one a Republican.

Hmmm…..I can't tell if your first sentence should be purple.

octalman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Typical of the politicians in this part of Hamilton County. They play the protectionism game and the losers are small business people and the residents of Noblesville. Too bad, too, because there are a couple of really good food trucks from the area that would love to set up, but won't as long as the thieving council maintains their ways. Guess they'll have to take their business to Carmel and Fishers, Noblesville is too good for them.

Noblesville passes $1K food-truck fee | 2013-08-14 | Indianapolis Business Journal | IBJ.com

Too bad you are so blinded by political affiliations, you are unable divert brain cell resources to inform yourself fully about an issue. Not as simple as one political party pro-business and the other anti-business. Do you know how much in government fees it costs a brick-and-mortar eatery to get started and then pass the regular health inspections? How much property tax do they pay compared to the Food Trucks? What other costs do they have the Food Truck does not?

I don't like government feeding it's appetite by taking from any business. However, that is the system we have in place today. Food trucks, food carts, etc. should not be given special treatment based on your vision of how Noblesville should operate. You don't like the system, get involved and change it. Put on your Democrat Superhero Cape and run for dog catcher.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Too bad you are so blinded by political affiliations, you are unable divert brain cell resources to inform yourself fully about an issue. Not as simple as one political party pro-business and the other anti-business. Do you know how much in government fees it costs a brick-and-mortar eatery to get started and then pass the regular health inspections? How much property tax do they pay compared to the Food Trucks? What other costs do they have the Food Truck does not?

I don't like government feeding it's appetite by taking from any business. However, that is the system we have in place today. Food trucks, food carts, etc. should not be given special treatment based on your vision of how Noblesville should operate. You don't like the system, get involved and change it. Put on your Democrat Superhero Cape and run for dog catcher.

Nor should brick and mortar establishments be given special treatment, such as a barrier to entry applied to their competition.

octalman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Nor should brick and mortar establishments be given special treatment, such as a barrier to entry applied to their competition.

Brick and Mortar establishments have costs associated with starting up. Food Trucks have start up costs. Part of that cost is obtaining the proper government approvals. Simple reality to start a business. Not saying Gov fees are good or bad, just the current reality.

The premise of the OP is that the government fee on Food Trucks is the only barrier to entry. Any cost associated with starting a business can be considered a barrier to entry. If the fee on Food Trucks is dis-proportionate compared to brick-and-mortar, that is not right. However, if $1000 is too much for some Food Trucks, maybe they are not properly capitalized in the first place. Think the restaurant business, fixed or mobile, is easy? Guess again.

Top Bottom