Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I feel hurt. I don't consider myself a gossip.

See, I could see how that might be hurtful, but I didn't want to speak for the wonderful ladies here on INGO. They are more than capable of speaking for themselves, and without even gossiping.

Last edited:

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I... If this is the case why do the classifieds crush every other topic with the number of threads and replies?

They don't. I'm not sure what numbers you're looking at.

Here's a current snapshot of a couple of rooms:

Breakroom - 46,358 threads, 2,346,923 posts
    Classifieds - 103,396 threads, 406,577 posts

Lots of the rooms have more posts than ALL of the classifieds put together (i.e. the classifieds include handguns, long guns, class iii, ammo, knives, etc - each of which has it's OWN discussion area). Add up all those discussion areas and it isn't even close.

So yeah, there's far more discussion going on here than selling.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Anyway I feel better. As someone else stated, I'll visit the classified sites to buy and sell and visit this site when I feel like gossiping like women.

Thankfully some of those people toted rifles to defend your freedoms. That includes your freedom to chose where you want to spend your time. No body can make you be a part of this site. Most people are glad to see you exercise your freedoms to participate or not participate. No one owes you anymore than that.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was informed by administration that I need to pay to post a classified because this is a forum first, and classifieds are like a little bonus. If this is the case why do the classifieds crush every other topic with the number of threads and replies?

I fear you are serious.
    No.....if you take a moment to actually read the forum rules you will find the answers you seek.
    1st........Get 50 quality posts. Not one liners.
    We want to welcome you to INGO. We also want to take this opportunity to ask you to read the FAQ which can be found in my signature below. It's pointed out in great detail why we have the 50 post rule because to the newcomer it can seem like an obscure rule for us to want to enforce. In order to participate in the classifieds, you must contribute to the forum by either 1) content in the form of 50 quality posts (not one liners) or 2) financially by becoming a site supporter. That information can be found here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/site_s..._are_here.html

Please remember, we are a forum first and then a place for classifieds. There is a plethora of information available here and that's what keeps people here and what allows us to have a classifieds section.

Thanks!

2nd.....This is a forum 1st. The classifieds are a perk for active members. A bonus.

3rd.....You can pay the site supporter fee to bypass the 50 posts rule. This helps run the site. Keeps the lights on in here. Pays the staff.....oh wait, I said pay.......:lmfao:
    This is a free site for all to enjoy. It is not arms list/gun Broker or the wild wild west. There are rules and they will be Moderated.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have read the rules. I just prefer honesty. Requiring 50 post to prevent spam? That's a dedicated spammer. The rules should be changed to include "We use classifieds to generate revenue for our forum"

Well I guess you know what is best for the 40K plus members that seem to be OK with the rules.

I am considering dusting off the hammer.
    Now what did I do with that thing.......Oh yeah....there it is.........By now.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    63328062.jpg

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    He is gone and if he is lurking will probably never come back. You guys and gals are mean. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

:hehe:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Hmm, wonder if this is a good time to bring up my annual proposal to be done with fine folks like the OP?

Wonder how the new owner feels about bumping up the requirements to participate in the classifieds? I always thought that six months as a forum member and 200 posts should be required for classifieds participation.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I was informed by administration that I need to pay to post a classified because this is a forum first, and classifieds are like a little bonus. If this is the case why do the classifieds crush every other topic with the number of threads and replies?

In think this is a good time to remind folks that using this site is a privilege. Not a right. When you are in someone else's house use the door mat to wipe your feet. Don't do it on the owner, his staff and his guests.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I have read the rules. I just prefer honesty. Requiring 50 post to prevent spam? That's a dedicated spammer. The rules should be changed to include "We use classifieds to generate revenue for our forum"

Someone has one to many from Butt Drugs.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    Hmm, wonder if this is a good time to bring up my annual proposal to be done with fine folks like the OP?

Wonder how the new owner feels about bumping up the requirements to participate in the classifieds? I always thought that six months as a forum member and 200 posts should be required for classifieds participation.

You think people whine about getting 50 quality posts in, try your method, and I'm for putting you in charge of all answering the all new whiners! :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom