• ...and so much more!
  • Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    (sigh)
    The chokepoint scenario is for a middle of the night burglary when I and my family are in bed. Yes, I know someone may have gotten up to go to the bathroom. Other times require other actions.
    It may be a weird floor plan, but i will not display it.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face." So, Mike Tyson never had any plan for what he would do in the ring?

I never said this was my only plan.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Gentlemen, there is a DISTINCT difference between someone breaking in vs. someone gaining entry mistakenly (for a whole host of reasons).

That is the difference I'm trying to push. That some cannot see the difference between a mistake vs. criminal intent is what will get someone legally and financially hosed.

"If anyone is in my home uninvited they'll leave in buckets and bags!" That's a wholly ignorant attitude to have.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Gentlemen, there is a DISTINCT difference between someone breaking in vs. someone gaining entry mistakenly (for a whole host of reasons).

That is the difference I'm trying to push. That some cannot see the difference between a mistake vs. criminal intent is what will get someone legally and financially hosed.

"If anyone is in my home uninvited they'll leave in buckets and bags!" That's a wholly ignorant attitude to have.

That would be a hell of a "mistake," to either break a double pane window or a storm door and a reinforced security door to "accidentally" end up in my house.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    That would be a hell of a "mistake," to either break a double pane window or a storm door and a reinforced security door to "accidentally" end up in my house.

**** happens.

Again - how many news reports have there been of a killed spouse or child because dude had the mentality of "anyone in my home is a criminal and I'll shoot them"?

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    **** happens.

Again - how many news reports have there been of a killed spouse or child because dude had the mentality of "anyone in my home is a criminal and I'll shoot them"?

Should’ve knocked :):

I remember when I was a kid my brother wanted a shar pei dog. My mom got him one that was about a year old to surprise him with. He was trying to sneak in through a window at around 2 am when the dog went nuts trying to attack him. He had to wake my mom up so he could get in the house. He got grounded and the dog became my moms best friend

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    mike-tyson-on-strategy.gif

There’s no way that’s a Tyson quote. Too many s’s, not enough th’s

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    **** happens.

Not many. That's why they make the news. Actually haven't heard of any recently, but I'm sure I could scour the internet to find a couple of instances. **** happens in a nation with fairly easy access to guns and a population of 328,000,000+.

And in all cases, the failure to identify the target was the cause of the tragedy. You are just speculating on their mindset.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    **** happens.

My family knows A.) you don’t show up unannounced and waltz into someone’s house. That’s rude. Secondly you don’t do it at night ever because they know we have guns and how to use them.

jeebus. You act like everyone just waltz’s into everyone’s house and no one has ever seen a gun before. A little courtesy and respect. **** I might just shoot them to teach the lesson if it ever happened. Purple as needed because serious keyboard warriors in here.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.

This MIGHT have some merit with city dwellers. I’m stretching here to play along. But once you get rural and the nearest house is half a mile away and they all look completely different this falls apart pretty quick.

ive said it before and I’ll say it again. You don’t end up at my door by accident trying to find yours.

Top Bottom