www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    judas priest looks like finding a room is going to be hard
    Look outside Marion County in the Donut counties. Bonus: you dont have to pay one of the top 5 hospitality taxes in the nation if you avoid Indianapolis/Marion County.

For instance if you check the hotels south of county line road, you'll save like 11% in taxes.

EDIT: those properties are less than 15 minutes from the convention center.
    https://www.google.com/maps/search/Hotels/@39.6248558,-86.0777522,15z

It is fantastic. Plan to spend at least TWO full dayS there. Loved it.

FIFY. I went for an entire day, then went back for Kyle Lamb's talk. Glad I did. This is an awesome event.

Last edited:

jndturner

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2013
    Noblesville, IN
    If you ar able consider volunteering for a shift. I did the last time it was here. All I did was hand out name badges for a few hours. It was pretty easy. The NRA staff are very appreciative. Without the volunteers it is difficult to run the convention.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I haven't decided if I'm going to go or not. I went in 2014, but I think my expectations were different from my experience. Now at least I know what to expect. I really have no interest in the latest whiz-bang gadgets and guns but if that's your thing, then it's great for that. I did find one small area with historical firearms but by the time I found it, I was already pretty much over the crowd. I know that makes me a stick in the mud. :):

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Not every booth will be selling, but there will be quite a few. As far as hotel's I booked 1 year ago, so I didnt pay the price hike. Shows like this you have to really pre plan for.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Thanks for the link. Signed up for badges for the family. Never been to one and am only going to be able to go for 1 day, but i figure it'll still be worth it

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Thanks for the link. Signed up for badges for the family. Never been to one and am only going to be able to go for 1 day, but i figure it'll still be worth it

Depending on what kind of person you are, you can cover it in a day or take 2+ days. I don't linger too much so I can typically cover large shows in one day. I did the Detroit Auto Show this year in 3 hours and I really saw a lot and talked to quite a few manufacturers. Not being crowded improves timing quite a bit.

If the crowds aren't too bad on Friday, I should be able to see what I want to see in 4 hours or so. The last one I went to I ate lunch there and was out before rush hour traffic.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    Thanks for posting the link. I'm already putting together a list of vendors to meet. Alan from AA is a definite stop. I want to look at all the different rmr sights available. I'll spend all three days there since I live so close. I had a blast last time.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Last Indy NRAAM, I got to talk with Wiley Clapp for a good 20 minutes, cracked a beer with the Gunny, shot the **** with Dave Sevigny, nowhere outsid of SHOT are you able to do this, and SHOT isn’t downtown.

Top Bottom