• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I only stopped by the Cheaper Than Dirt booth so I could tell them to take their free hats and stuff 'em up their prices gouging asses.

Well, I didn't use those exact words because I had my kids with me, but it was along those lines.

Indyal

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    I went part of the day Friday and today. Middle aged guys don’t get offered swag so I had to buy stuff.

rlfrye

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    The Tuck
    Me and the Boss spent yesterday and part of today there. The extra padded carpet really stink to push her wheelchair on. But we got a laser trainer for the handguns, she got me an esee 3, she loved the concert at Lucas Oil Saturday night. She also found a purse insert and belly band type holster she likes. She is waiting for her ltch to arrive right now. All in all, a great time.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Amish certainly own firearms, muzzle-loaders and bows most men are avid deer and turkey hunters. I have lived around both Amish and Mennonites for most of my life in Southern Maryland.
    Well, I stand corrected then. Maybe I picked that up because they are against military service and stand against violence even for self defense.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    My guess is they were Mennonite, Amish are pretty against guns, like the Quakers I know, but every sect has different rules and the young sometimes push the limits just like the English young do.

Pretty sure they were Amish, not Mennonite. My nephew has lots if contact with Amish and Mennonite communities through the horse business and he was positive they were Amish as well.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    My daughter and son in law said the convention was GREAT and they got a picture of my home boy Ted Nugent with them.
    Sucks I don't go, oh well.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I sold a couple scopes to a Amish/Mennonite guy. He left them behind the booth to pick them up later. I always ask for ID in case I don't remember the customer to prove its their products at pickup before keeping them. He didnt have Id, but said "cant you just write Amish on the receipt? There is not that many of us, and another wouldn't steel it"

I dont know if he was Amish, or was making life easier on me.

afcolt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    Madison Co.
    We picked up some great free stuff. Nice hats from Bergara, Hoppe’s, CZ, SCCY, and several others (I also bought a Ballistol hat). Grabbed all sorts of patches, and there’s also the Black Rifle Coffee Company coffee mug I got for free (we dodged that horrible line). The Glock and Taurus keychains were a big hit, too.

Grabbed a new range bag from Voodoo Tactical for only $20 Saturday—they had some great deals.

Saw Hickok45, talked with some great folks, and got some new knives. It was a great convention for the whole family!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I went part of the day Friday and today. Middle aged guys don’t get offered swag so I had to buy stuff.

Agreed, I went Friday, so combination of first day and as you said, middle aged guys not getting offered swag, I got more bags to put stuff in than any real stuff. My daughter was possibly going to go with me, but she had to work on Friday, or I'm sure she would have made a better haul than I did alone.

The shirt I really wanted was the one that Propper had that said something to the effect of Indiana Crossroads 2America or something like that. Was going to buy one, but just didn't get back that booth.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    View attachment 76683 I was only there for about 3 1/2 hours and just picked up stuff as I passed by various booths and I managed this haul. Only one shirt, a nice wicking fabric from Anderson Manufacturing but hey, it was all free and now I’ve got lots more decals for my gun safes. I put them on magnetic backing so they’re not permanently installed.

From this day forward: cbhausen will be known as "The King of Swag".

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    Went Friday with my LEO son in-law. This was our first ever NRA show. Walked in behind several guys from a neighboring fire department...small world. Check-in was smooth and easy as I presented my NRA card. My SIL was thanked for his service several times after showing his badge for entry. We didn't wait long for the expo to open after everyone was quiet and respectful as the young woman sang our National Anthem. Picked up quite a few patches, stickers, and hats.

As we turned a corner, I saw Sootch00 walking thru the crowd. I said: " Hi Sootch!" He stopped, introduced himself and we proceeded to talk for over 5 minutes in the crowded area. He thanked my SIL for his service and even shared a story of a his close friend who lost his life in line of duty. I shared a harrowing combat experience my SIL had as well...he listened intently and then patted my SIL on the back for a job well done. We got a nice group picture and a couple of Sootch00 patches. What a super friendly down to earth guy. He didn't have to stop and spend time talking with us...but he did. As we shook hands and left, I asked him to recite his closing video tag-line for my son inlaw. It was cool to hear him say that in person.

We enjoyed all of the booths we went to. Really enjoyed the Ruger, Sig, Remington, Savage, Mossberg and S&W boths getting to put your hands on all the firearms I hadn't seen in person. The Barrett booth was also really neat. Picked up some good deals at VooDoo Tactical and Streamlight. We also scored some great Walker Razer XV with BT at great prices.

In addition to Sootch00, we saw several other YouTubers at booths or walking by...John Lovell - Warrior Poet at Brownells booth, MrGunsNGear walking by quickly, and Hank Strange at a booth. On the way out we stopped at BCI Defense. I've known the Brown family from years ago, and it was nice to chat with them. It was nice to hear them say how good Trump has been for a manufacturing business. They have some very nice AR offerings.

All in all it was a fantastic time...plus it was my birthday Friday...so no better way to spend a day seeing all the stuff at the NRA. (Didn't mean to rhyme.) But it sure felt good to sit down in the truck seat after all that walking. Then on the way home, we stopped to have lunch with my son and his wife. It was a great day!

Last edited:

Htrailblazer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Franklin
    I really enjoyed this years convention. I do think it was better last time in Indy. My buddy and I have gone to everyone since it was here in Indy. Nashville is still our favorite location, but last year in Dallas was the most swag I have ever received. First time my son was old enough to go and that experience with him on Friday was amazing. Looking forward to next year back in Nashville. I really didn't spend a lot but did buy a new Daniel Defense hand grip for my AR. Ill try and post a couple of my favorite photos from the event.

NRA6.jpg
    View attachment 76698 View attachment 76699 NRA1.jpg
    20190426_170500.jpg

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Went Friday with my LEO son in-law. This was our first ever NRA show. Walked in behind several guys from a neighboring fire department...small world. Check-in was smooth and easy as I presented my NRA card. My SIL was thanked for his service several times after showing his badge for entry. We didn't wait long for the expo to open after everyone was quiet and respectful as the young woman sang our National Anthem. Picked up quite a few patches, stickers, and hats.

As we turned a corner, I saw Sootch00 walking thru the crowd. I said: " Hi Sootch!" He stopped, introduced himself and we proceeded to talk for over 5 minutes in the crowded area. He thanked my SIL for his service and even shared a story of a his close friend who lost his life in line of duty. I shared a harrowing combat experience my SIL had as well...he listened intently and then patted my SIL on the back for a job well done. We got a nice group picture and a couple of Sootch00 patches. What a super friendly down to earth guy. He didn't have to stop and spend time talking with us...but he did. As we shook hands and left, I asked him to recite his closing video tag-line for my son inlaw. It was cool to hear him say that in person.

We enjoyed all of the booths we went to. Really enjoyed the Ruger, Sig, Remington, Savage, Mossberg and S&W boths getting to put your hands on all the firearms I hadn't seen in person. The Barrett booth was also really neat. Picked up some good deals at VooDoo Tactical and Streamlight. We also scored some great Walker Razer XV with BT at great prices.

In addition to Sootch00, we saw several other YouTubers at booths or walking by...John Lovell - Warrior Poet at Brownells booth, MrGunsNGear walking by quickly, and Hank Strange at a booth. On the way out we stopped at BCI Defense. I've known the Brown family from years ago, and it was nice to chat with them. It was nice to hear them say how good Trump has been for a manufacturing business. They have some very nice AR offerings.

All in all it was a fantastic time...plus it was my birthday Friday...so no better way to spend a day seeing all the stuff at the NRA. (Didn't mean to rhyme.) But it sure felt good to sit down in the truck seat after all that walking. Then on the way home, we stopped to have lunch with my son and his wife. It was a great day!
    Awesome! Thank him for me for his past and continued service to our nation.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I sold a couple scopes to a Amish/Mennonite guy. He left them behind the booth to pick them up later. I always ask for ID in case I don't remember the customer to prove its their products at pickup before keeping them. He didnt have Id, but said "cant you just write Amish on the receipt? There is not that many of us, and another wouldn't steel it"

That's funny.

nj4020

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    West Central Indiana
    I was there on Saturday, open to close. I think Alan at A&A Optics was the only person who noticed my INGO hat. Talked with the guys at BCI. They asked about another INGO lower group buy???

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield

Wouldn't the world be awesome if we only ever needed locks to keep curious kids safe?!

SWAG: the SCCY gun booth gave out awesome hats. Classy, clean, has a US flag, not a flat bill...

tkCeoRX.jpg

It is unfortunate that they say SCCY on them. LOL.

I took an old "Aimpoint" that stopped working years ago to their booth. I confirmed my suspicions that it was a knock off and not the real deal which allowed me to feel OK with discarding it. The guy at the booth was pretty entertained by it though and said "I can't replace it (knowing that wasn't my intention) but I can give you this nice hat". I thanked him and said I'll wear it to the Larry Vickers class I'm taking in June to try and get some points with him. He strongly recommended that (jokingly) stating "he'll wonder where you got it because it is a new one he doesn't have yet."

TWEAKD4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    NE Indiana
    I went on Friday from 9 to 5 pm. I probably walked 10 miles and my legs were like jello. I only had one day to see it all so I skipped lunch and powered through. I don't know all of the gun personalities but met MrGunsNGear and got his autograph at the Brownells booth. Saw many others but just long enough to say hi. I thought I saw everything but hearing everyone else's highlights I know I missed or skipped many booths.

I got many hats, stickers, and patches. This was my first NRA convention so I didn't know what to expect. I picked up about every brochure I could for reading or wishing material later. I wished I brought more money with me to get some goodies. All I bought was a trigger from the Apex booth. I did win a "larger" drawing, not saying what until I actually get it.

I had a great time and look forward to going to more in the future when close to or in Indiana. Just having the chance to fondle all the great firearms was worth the drive.

Top Bottom