• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Other than that the other two haven't ever been supportive of any gun restrictions that I've ever heard. The NRA can't say that.
    Christ, autocorrect, and fast typing screwed that whole post. You are correct that the NRA has compromised in the past, but the other two still, COMBINED, make nothing but a blip on the anti radar.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Other than that the other two haven't ever been supportive of any gun restrictions that I've ever heard. The NRA can't say that.
    On the converse side, what have the other two done? I’ve been a GOA member and an SAF member for several years, and haven’t seen much of any return on investment in either organization. The NRA, for all its Fudds and faults, is currently the only one getting **** done.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Christ, autocorrect, and fast typing screwed that whole post. You are correct that the NRA has compromised in the past, but the other two still, COMBINED, make nothing but a blip on the anti radar.

The NRA also, at least in my opinion, has been "selective" in who the seem to be vocal in defending. They seem to have forgotten about making a statement about Philando Castile.... and they sure didn't have a problem throwing gun owners under the bus, in California, when the Black Panthers were expressing their 2nd Amendment Rights.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    The NRA also, at least in my opinion, has been "selective" in who the seem to be vocal in defending. They seem to have forgotten about making a statement about Philando Castile.... and they sure didn't have a problem throwing gun owners under the bus, in California, when the Black Panthers were expressing their 2nd Amendment Rights.
    Again, for ALL their faults and Fudds, the NRA gets more **** done than either of the two alternates! I dislike the Fuddian stance the NRA exudes, but dollars to dimes, it IS the only organization at the forefront of the 2nd Amendment.

Last edited:

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    What gives the NRA power? Money and us the gun owners.

If we change the NRA to be a true pro gun organization great. Until then build up GOA.

The NRA convention is in Indianapolis in 2019. Do I want to go? Heck yes I do. But until the NRA makes some changes I will not be attending.

I'm done with this thread. If you still want to blindly follow an organization so be it. We need to speak up to what we really want and I will not be silenced.

I am publicly commenting right now if the NRA changed its way I will send them the money instantly for a membership. I've been a member before. I hope they become an organization I can support. Wayne Lapierre and Chris Cox need to wake up.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Keep an eye on your email inboxes. I got an offer to upgrade my lifetime membership to whatever their next level is for $250. Plus, you get a nice looking jacket out of it.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield

If we change the NRA to be a true pro gun organization great. Until then build up GOA.

The NRA convention is in Indianapolis in 2019. Do I want to go? Heck yes I do. But until the NRA makes some changes I will not be attending.

I'm done with this thread. If you still want to blindly follow an organization so be it. We need to speak up to what we really want and I will not be silenced.

I am publicly commenting right now if the NRA changed its way I will send them the money instantly for a membership. I've been a member before. I hope they become an organization I can support. Wayne Lapierre and Chris Cox need to wake up.
    Why build the GOA? What have they done, or what can they do? I am a member of all three, and the ONLY one making things happen is the 800lb gorilla. I’d love for the NRA to turn around and support ALL gun owners, but if GUNOWNERS won’t unite to support themselves, it’s pretty much a done deal.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

I'd rather they leave.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

Why not go, and voice your concerns. Guess why try to fix what you see wrong, when its easier to turn your back and walk away.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    The NRA is like most large organizations as in the super duper special members (like me) get to vote for our own board of directors. Also we can contact our reps directly via phone, email, letters or in person anytime to express concerns or ideas that we may have.
    So yes, we can make changes if we so chose to.

....and there's jackets and knives and bags and stuff..... :):

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I would just like to make a distinction here, do not donate to the NRA, DONATE TO THE NRA-ILA as they are the legislative arm of the organization. That being said **** Wayne LaPierre that snake in the grass has got to go.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    The NRA is like most large organizations as in the super duper special members (like me) get to vote for our own board of directors. Also we can contact our reps directly via phone, email, letters or in person anytime to express concerns or ideas that we may have.
    So yes, we can make changes if we so chose to.

....and there's jackets and knives and bags and stuff..... :):

Not entirely true. The board does not have as much power as you think. IV8888 did a nice video on it.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Must spread some rep...Blah, blah, blah

Lol.
    I think lapier needs to go personally. I haven't made my mind up about Cox but he comes across to me as a slimeball.
    Tomorrow I'm going to buy a lifetime NRA membership. I'm going to make sure I have a voice inside that it heard. Maybe no one will listen to me but at least I can say I tried. I know one thing, the enemy of my enemy is my friend. If freedom hating commie gun grabbers hate the NRA then I wanna help the NRA!
    I'm also going to join the GOA but I'll just do a yearly.
    This decision has weighed heavily on my mind for a while. I 've bashed the NRA and I'm not happy at all about some of their past concessions nor the current ones but I think there is more good than bad and I want to PEACEFULLY try to preserve the 2nd first so I can have a clear conscious in the future if it all goes to hell.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Lol.
    I think lapier needs to go personally. I haven't made my mind up about Cox but he comes across to me as a slimeball.
    Tomorrow I'm going to buy a lifetime NRA membership. I'm going to make sure I have a voice inside that it heard. Maybe no one will listen to me but at least I can say I tried. I know one thing, the enemy of my enemy is my friend. If freedom hating commie gun grabbers hate the NRA then I wanna help the NRA!
    I'm also going to join the GOA but I'll just do a yearly.
    This decision has weighed heavily on my mind for a while. I 've bashed the NRA and I'm not happy at all about some of their past concessions nor the current ones but I think there is more good than bad and I want to PEACEFULLY try to preserve the 2nd first so I can have a clear conscious in the future if it all goes to hell.
    Im a Lifetime NRA, but I’m also a member of GOA, and SAF, I’m not happy about all the NRA does, but I’m much happier they are doing! GOA and SAF, for me so far, are non starters. My biggest ***** isn’t with ANY of the “big three”, it’s with ***** ass gunowners who will sell me down the river to preserve their hunting guns.

Top Bottom