• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Im a Lifetime NRA, but I’m also a member of GOA, and SAF, I’m not happy about all the NRA does, but I’m much happier they are doing! GOA and SAF, for me so far, are non starters. My biggest ***** isn’t with ANY of the “big three”, it’s with ***** ass gunowners who will sell me down the river to preserve their hunting guns.

Yeah I agree with that. And honestly cox strikes me as that kind of a guy. He has enough money to keep his collection of machine guns and high dollar skeet guns so no matter what he is a winner.
    The working man is always the loser when politicians put their hands on our ****.
    Deffinately a big **** you to all of the gun owners who ***** but never wrote their Congress critters or stood up for anything except their hunting rights.
    The 2nd amendment wasn't written for hunting. I want gun owners AND THE NRA to stop asking and start demanding!

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Yeah I agree with that. And honestly cox strikes me as that kind of a guy. He has enough money to keep his collection of machine guns and high dollar skeet guns so no matter what he is a winner.
    The working man is always the loser when politicians put their hands on our ****.
    Deffinately a big **** you to all of the gun owners who ***** but never wrote their Congress critters or stood up for anything except their hunting rights.
    The 2nd amendment wasn't written for hunting. I want gun owners AND THE NRA to stop asking and start demanding!
    Yup, I don’t hunt, and I don’t bullet golf, I train to kill folks that want to do harm to me or mine. I do at times, shoot for leisure/therapy, but even then, I have an end goal in mind. I don’t own any standard “hunting” weapons, nor do I want any, my “sporting” weapons are weapons/tools, a means to an end.(hopefully, the aggressors end). Even on this site, I have watched folks advocate for “reason” and “common sense” when it comes to guns. I’m not about that, those “reasoners” want to sell my ARs and AKs, and SCARs down the line, followed by my Glocks, all to preserve their incarnation of what they feel a reasonable gun owner should have. Nope, not me.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I know one thing, if we don't stop infighting our 2nd amendment rights will be toast. 'Divide and conquer'

Truth! I'm a life member of the NRA, we all need to be letting these guys know that have big salaries and power in it to fly straight and stop helping the government try restricting our rights. I didn't even hear about GOA until Tim from MAC started promoting them every post on his FB.

Viper1973

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Right now with all the snowflakes clamoring for folks to do 'something'... we need to prepare a pre-emptive strike before this 'noise' from the left gets traction with our congress critters. This weekend I gave donations to NRA-ILA, GOA, SAF and FPC and encourage all of the folks here to do the same. The only thing standing between our rights and losing them is the $$$ we can direct at our congress critters.

With talk of school student sit-ins, etc. We need to deploy a massive amount of cash and fast to nip this in the bud before it takes root and ends us.

While I don't always agree with these organizations, I do agree that they are the only ones who can fight the agenda on a national level.

cayce

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2018
    Carmel
    If a crazy person drove a car through the school wall and killed 30 people, they would not blame the car.:dunno:
    This is our only defense, we must support these groups. :patriot:
    NRA Patriot Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    Second Amendment Foundation Contributor.

Though living on Military disability I still manage to give a bit to all the same groups. To all PLEASE give what you can.

Salty

Unwokeable
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I'd rather they leave.
    I never really thought about that til now, but yeah, I'm not really a fan. I miss Charlton Heston. Maybe somebody like Kurt Russell would be cool. I'm not sure if he's a member but he has been saying some stuff lately. As crazy as old Ted Nugent is, I think I would prefer him at the top. I'm sure there are more good choices for replacements.

Wayne should retire. I think that $4 million someone mentioned was actually his retirement pay that he take or lose it when he hit retirement age (something like that, I'm not going to look it up).

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I never really thought about that til now, but yeah, I'm not really a fan. I miss Charlton Heston. Maybe somebody like Kurt Russell would be cool. I'm not sure if he's a member but he has been saying some stuff lately. As crazy as old Ted Nugent is, I think I would prefer him at the top. I'm sure there are more good choices for replacements.

Wayne should retire. I think that $4 million someone mentioned was actually his retirement pay that he take or lose it when he hit retirement age (something like that, I'm not going to look it up).

They need a fresher younger face, and need to stick to firearms, and not stray too far into politics. For instance, this was their last ad:

[video=youtube;aBiUxjjqV5U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBiUxjjqV5U&lc=z23pt3whmub3jfzg504t1aokgh1 pxtbxvksxbidavjdbrk0h00410.1518653748331563[/video]

There's a smattering of "gun stuff" in there, but the message is clear... they're butthurt that people criticize the president. So butthurt the guy destroys the TV out of anger. Well like it or not, they are a LOT of 2nd-Aendment loving people that dislike the president. This video automatically will turn them into "nopes" when it comes to joining the NRA. I'm not onboard with and 2nd Amendment restrictions, but I also think the president is a disaster, so I'm clear that the NRA isn't for me.

Salty

Unwokeable
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Agreed, that's a pretty crappy NRA ad, but I never saw it til now, lol. If you don't like the political arm, don't give to the NRA-ILA. The NRA does a lot of other good stuff besides their ads. I am currently making monthly payments for Endowment membership and life membership in GOA. I don't give much to NRA-ILA unless its a big election year.

Falschirmjaeger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2017
    Noblesville
    There are certainly a lot of reasons to be critical of Trump, and he wasn't my first choice for president. But so far he's said and done the right things as far as gun rights, which I'm happy to admit is a refreshing variance from what I had expected out of him. This latest controversy is a chance for him to show us all just how much he really does care about RKBA. Or not. I guess we'll all know soon enough.

Last edited:

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    The News Media, the Democrats, and the "Celebrities" only mention the NRA. They don't mention GOA or SAF or any other gun owners memberships when they spew their lies. You know why? Because they only fear the NRA. The NRA is the only group that has the power on a large scale to protect our gun rights. For those of you who whine that the NRA gets too political that's just because you are a butthurt Democrat who still likes his guns. The NRA has to attack the Left since the Leftist Pols are the ones who want to take away our guns. Attacking the left on other issues is a means to get them voted out. It's called strategy and if you butthurt Democratic gun owners don't like it too bad because you are already riding the fence in trying to support the Left while reaping the benefits of us gun owning Republicans.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    The News Media, the Democrats, and the "Celebrities" only mention the NRA. They don't mention GOA or SAF or any other gun owners memberships when they spew their lies. You know why? Because they only fear the NRA. The NRA is the only group that has the power on a large scale to protect our gun rights. For those of you who whine that the NRA gets too political that's just because you are a butthurt Democrat who still likes his guns. The NRA has to attack the Left since the Leftist Pols are the ones who want to take away our guns. Attacking the left on other issues is a means to get them voted out. It's called strategy and if you butthurt Democratic gun owners don't like it too bad because you are already riding the fence in trying to support the Left while reaping the benefits of us gun owning Republicans.

:rolleyes: The same NRA who endorsed Harry Reid for a long time?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    You can find faults with any group if you dig hard enough.
    The NRA had to get in the viper pit with politicians. I've had a very close look into that pit and those who aren't willing to get a little dirty don't survive. It's a sad but true fact.
    The NRA is and always will be out biggest voice. I hadn't even heard of the GOA until CROY mentioned it to me. So they aren't that huge at protecting rights because I'm a pretty big gun guy and active in politics and hadn't heard of them.
    I think attacking the NRA is helping our enemy but that's just my opinion. To each their own

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    :rolleyes: The same NRA who endorsed Harry Reid for a long time?
    Was he siding with the NRA at the time? Was his voting record better than his opponent? :dunno:

Personally, I want the NRA to stay out of any politics that aren't directly related to the 2A, i.e. no social justice, no Antifa. Just stick to guns, and if the most pro-gun candidate is a tax and spend liberal democrat, so be it.

Wouldn't it be good for everyone is the Democratic party had more 2A politicians?

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    Wouldn't it be good for everyone is the Democratic party had more 2A politicians?[/QUOTE]

Yes, of course it would be but if you think that is going to happen then you are as delirious as those pie in the sky snowflakes who think they can wave their magic wand and take away all of our guns. Come on! The Democrats accuse the Republicans of taking donations from the NRA. Of course they do and that's why the Republicans support our 2A. However, who donates to the Democrats? The anti gun people like Bloomberg. And, the liberal tree hugging environmentalists whose real goal is to ban all guns so that none of us evil hunters kill Bambi or whatever furry creature they want to protect. They give large donations to the Democrats also. So if you think you'll find a true Democrat supporting the 2A, don't hold your breath. They are paid to take our guns away just like the Republicans are paid to protect our 2A. As long as the NRA & Republicans are protecting my 2A then I am 100% with them.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Was he siding with the NRA at the time? Was his voting record better than his opponent? :dunno:

Personally, I want the NRA to stay out of any politics that aren't directly related to the 2A, i.e. no social justice, no Antifa. Just stick to guns, and if the most pro-gun candidate is a tax and spend liberal democrat, so be it.

Wouldn't it be good for everyone is the Democratic party had more 2A politicians?

Amen!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The dems left the 2A behind a few elections ago. Last election, the dems made it clear; anti-gun is their policy.

Any serious gun owner, concerned for the 2A, would be a fool to vote for any democrat.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I'd love to see some moderate democrats and Republicans leave their parties form a third party. Maybe then our country could get back on track. Congress is a pox on our Republic. The founding fathers would be so ashamed of Congress now. Those *******s strut around THINKING they are hot **** and actualy do good work. They are so far out of touch with the real American citizen it's not funny.
    Congrats modern day Congress for being the most dysfunctional body in the history of the United States. Your public service is actualy personal service to yourself to become rich while the people starve. "Let them eat cake" comes to mind. As much as I dislike some recent presidents, even they can't be blamed for most of the ****ed up policy. It's Congress and they try to blame everyone else and never take responsibility or do their damn jobs.

Top Bottom